Saints, Bombers to meet with Greg Inglis - SMH

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Nah, he wouldnt go for average wages anyways...

No need for 'promotion' payments if recruited to the saints or bombers...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Love the idea of him coming but think it's very unlikely.

We'd have to spend a full year training him up. While that's fine by most of us, it's unlikely to be fine by him and his manager - who will be looking for similar money to what he has been offered by South Sydney during the training year.

Then we have to think about salary cap allowances, cutting other players, positional re-thinks.

I like it - nay, love the idea of him playing for us, and I'm really glad the club is looking into it but it seems the final execution will be a pretty difficult feat.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Love the idea of him coming but think it's very unlikely.

We'd have to spend a full year training him up. While that's fine by most of us, it's unlikely to be fine by him and his manager - who will be looking for similar money to what he has been offered by South Sydney during the training year.

Then we have to think about salary cap allowances, cutting other players, positional re-thinks.

I like it - nay, love the idea of him playing for us, and I'm really glad the club is looking into it but it seems the final execution will be a pretty difficult feat.

Surely you are joking. He is at least 20kg overweight for an AFL footballer, would never get fit enough, to old, to unskilled for an AFL footballer and as others said we dont need to promote the game to our supporters. Walsh is finding it hard and he is none of those things I have mentioned.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I can't see how he would possibly get a kick at all.

And if he did get one, where the hell it would go.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:I can't see how he would possibly get a kick at all.

And if he did get one, where the hell it would go.
All you guys obviously didnt see the footage of him at blues training last year where he was kicking goals from outside 50 off one step, and saying he is too old is a bit of an exaggeration. only 23 and all the skill in the world.

suss
Club Player

There's sod all chance of him coming to us but Demetriou would break every rule in the book (if not re-write the entire rule book) to get him on an AFL list. They'd also finance the whole thing as well. If Inglis wants to play AFL next year and get a million bucks for the effort, the AFL will make it happen.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I just can't see Inglis making the cut. He'd have to lose a far bit of weight and gain a lot of aerobic fitness. I don't think that the NRL will let another player go and will cave in to his demands to play for Souths. A bluff by Inglis to panic the NRL? I reckon it is. He is and always will be a league player.

ThePunter
Club Player

Conspiracy Theory Time

The AFL wants Inglis. It would be a huge coup, along with the defections of Hunt and Folau. The earlier, the better.

Only one club has an open rookie spot not already committed to either a rookie, or a group of players who will fight for that spot (Richmond and Hawthorn).

It is St Kilda. Gaertner is gone.

Could the AFL and St Kilda make it happen and get Inglis to St Kilda for 2011?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Conspiracy Theory Time

The AFL wants Inglis. It would be a huge coup, along with the defections of Hunt and Folau. The earlier, the better.

Only one club has an open rookie spot not already committed to either a rookie, or a group of players who will fight for that spot (Richmond and Hawthorn).

Hmmm - like your devious mind Punter.

By the looks of him he could be the new Plugger.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
shmic_s
Club Player

If he wants to play next year, he better start doing a lot of running!

Few picks of him in this article:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/no-one ... 5973760977

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Conspiracy Theory Time

:shock: good pickup.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while involving our club, and what's even funnier is the idea seemingly most supporters have that he is worth looking at...

Inglis would have no hope in hell in even getting a kick at AFL level, even if he trained every day with the best coaches...

He wouldnt get near the ball in suburban footy let alone in the bigtime...

The possibility of taking Gaertners spot is ironic, as he'd be taking the spot of another super athlete that had been playing aussie rules his whole life, let alone 1 week, and still could not get near selection, let alone a 100+ Kg monster that wouldnt know the goal square from the centre sqaure...

Waste of time and money...