Saints Have Arrived

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:

my concern is that IMO our best players won't get any better
Gram's year was basically a right off due to his injury. Almost won the Norm smith in 2009.

Dal played injured and restricted throughout the finals.

While Roo came back, he would not have been as good as he could have been.

So as a group...I believed that relative to 2010, that our best group can in fact be better. part of this is that I believe that Goddard has now arrived as an elite footballer.

Gilbert is an X factor in that while we know he is very good, that if he can successfully transition to a forward role that this could really change for the better our team balance.
skeptic wrote: so IMO it's whether or not we see improvement in some of our younger players like McEvoy that will determine how we go
I agree that this is crucial.

Need at least 2 of Gamble, Steven, Armo, Stanley, Smith, Geary to force their way in by being better than others. With Geary he needs to really improve his ball use.

If Ben could improve that would assist too. I think he and Kosi may well be battling for the one spot.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ross is an exceptional leader and I am am glad we have him on our team. I was of the opinion that we should have kept going with Thommo and not go looking for someone who would take a couple of seasons to may be do another Tim Watson on us. Very wrong on that one.

On the list- I believe we have done well to create competition for spots in the team from a compromised draft. We will be better off for a few years of development in a couple of fringe players like Armo, Steven and Stanley, Geary etc. That was what collingwood did to create a premiership team from a bunch of almosts.

I am upset about 2010 but am looking forward to 2011 and the chance to hit the finals with a few less injuries to our best players.