What is your proudest Saints moment?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bangers last game in the Red White and Black... we were out played and beaten by a more hungry side that night but the footage after the game with every saints helper voulenteer coach and players standing listening to Bangers talk without a dry eye in the room ... not a good memory but a powerful one

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

yes, I was proud of our club on that occasion, though the teams performance in the game itself was somewhat insipid, the supporters stayed behind and gave our Champ the respect he'd earned. Good post St Trav!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:St Kilda v Port Adelaide Telstra Dome Sun Aug 3 2008. Att. 22,000

gram kicking the winner against port in 2008 at the dome.
three port fans standing behind the goals. they are into me and i am into them
- why do you even bother coming to melbourne?
- we're supporting our team asshole!
- why don't you go back to adelaide?
*burgoyne goals saints down*
- why don't you try and win a game of football first before you start talking bullshyte!?
- come on grammy!
*gram goals late, saints win 101-93 port fans crushed*
ST KILDA has prevailed by eight points after a titanic struggle against Port Adelaide at Telstra Dome on Sunday.

The Power held the largest lead of the match at 21 points 10 minutes into the third quarter, but the Saints managed to hang tough and grind out an important 14.17 (101) to 14.9 (93) win that sees them move back into the top eight.

The match was in the balance right up until the final siren with a goal to Shaun Burgoyne making it a seven-point ball game with just two and a half minutes left on the clock.

Some courageous acts at key moments of the last quarter helped St Kilda get the points with Nick Riewoldt taking an inspirational mark running with the flight of the ball and then booting his third goal.

Luke Ball was equally courageous in flying into a contest that saw Jason Gram kick the winner, but he may have paid a high price as he was carried from the field with a leg injury directly after.

Robert Harvey played his 376th AFL match gathered 18 possessions, but may not remember much of the match after he was driven into the turf in a Jacob Surjan tackle in the third quarter.

In typical fashion, the Saints’ champion returned to the field 18 minutes into the last quarter to a hero’s reception from the home crowd.

Gram was the major possession winner for the Saints with 34, Leigh Montagna (28) and Ball (16 possessions and 14 tackles) were also prominent.
great night. :)
I was at that game and sitting in the front row of the first level directly behind the goal. As I recall Grams goal bounced through. That game has a very important meaning to our family for other reason.

The most proudest moment has to have been the win against the Filth earlier this year, to win that game after all that happened was brilliant

I love this club
older saint
SS Life Member

Elvis wrote:April 4th, 1993, St.Kilda 18.18.126 d Collingwood 15.14.104

Neil Elvis Winmar lifts his jumper to the feral filth hoardes providing one of the most iconic images in Australian sporting history. There will no doubt be some debate over whether this was a great "Saints' memory..or should be remembered more as an act of individual brilliance.... but I don't really care, I was so proud to be a Sainter that day.
Definetlythis one. had beent to Vic Park ( aka remand centre) twice and lost badly both times . Was the last time we palyed Collingwood there and to walk out of there a winner and survivie was awesome.

Also Lockett v Carlton at Moorabin Round2 was awesome to finally beat Carlton was fantastic.

GRAMophone
Club Player

Many many proud moments popping into my head but two of them were against Geelong this year.

The mid year [bakes] game in pouring rain as underdogs against Geelong. My memory was a backdrop of a gruelling week off - field re the milne thing and still battling on without the roo. Three awesome goals from a young guy playing his first match at the 'G' Very proud moment there.

Unbelievably proud in the qualifying again against the cats. no-one gave us a chance but the moment we realised Gwilt had been paid that free was one awesome feeling.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED