Official Fixture - 2011 Toyota AFL Premiership Season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so we play adelaide AND geelong twice before playing the GC once????

crazy

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Rounds 6-13 is a bloody hard stretch.

Coll, Geel, WB, Haw, Carl
and Fre and Ade both away

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Round 3 v Essendon should see the "clash jumper" protesters more than a little bit excited.

For those whose memories aren't all that good;

When we played our HOME game against Essendon this year we were forced to wear our clash strip because our traditional strip clashed with Essendon's clash strip (they wore that thing with the wider red sash and black shorts) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I look at the draw 2 ways. One for the coaching staff and one for the Financial people. The Finance people would say it is a much better draw than last year and the coaching staff would say slightly worse but only very slightly.

As for us supporters, well when we play doesnt really matter because a Saturday may be good for one and not another and the same goes for any other time or day.

This year our draw all in all is about the same as last season IMO which is great because last year we made to GF's.

saintnick12
Club Player

Agree. As much as we try to judge the draw on how we will go against certain teams, we also judge it on how it treats us as supporters. One of the first things I look at is how many games I will be able to get to given kids sports commitments. And this changes year to year too. A few years ago, when my son was playing rep basketball, I dreaded Friday night games as I usually couldn't attend them. Now I love them, as I no longer have the Friday night sports commitments and having the game on the Friday night gives a free weekend. I also don't hate the sunday twilight, simply because it allows me to get there after my son's soccer game so I don't miss either. Yet I'm unable to take my younger child to these games due to the late night. Those with young children will be annoyed at the number of night games. As I said, we all judge it by how it affects us. All things considered, I think its a pretty good draw. I'm happy that the club got its wish of more games at the MCG, even though I personally prefer Etihad.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.