Tom Lynch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Tom will definitely be a 100 game + player for the Saints. He won't be the new messiah, but will become an important player for us. Don't let his first game put you off, he is so much better than that. He is a much better option than a defensive small forward who provides no attacking ability whatsoever.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'll also remind people that you could probably have counted on one hand anybody that was good the night Tom debuted, pretty rotten game to run out for your first.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I reckon he's definitely got the goods. Hope to see a lot of them next year. Go Tom (and Tommy and Rhys and Alistair and Jack and Tom, etc!)

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Am hoping RL gives him a shot in the NAB Cup. Would be interesting to see how he responds. I reckon he could really become the next Barry Hall but hopefully with a much better temperament.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The darkness
Club Player

As other posters have already said, the kid needs time . Not just to mature and get a few uninterupted pre seasons into him but also more continuity in senior game time. The kid can play. You dont get to be captain of vic metro if your just a battler. From what i've seen of him he definitely has silky skills and a really quick footy brain though needs to work on fitness to get to more contests. He was recruited with high regard and i think Ross and the crew are doing the right thing by him , letting him develop into a maturing body.
really hope he can have a great pre season and really make an impact next season...All the best Tommy boy !

ace
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lynch 31/10/92 196cm 86kg Dandenong Stingrays

Expected to be drafted in the 20s this year.

Maybe this was the player we were supposed to have got a couple of years ago.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I think Tom might be one of the players that RL was referring to in his post GF comments when he something along the lines of - there are some young players that just need to have a fair run at it in terms of injury.

He's been dogged by injuries so far in his time at the Saints. If he gets a full pre-season under his belt then I'm really hoping he'll knotch a batch of senior games next year.