Saints bear no grudges as hero Luke has a ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Who is this Luke Ball character?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

FFS lets move on - this is ALL the Mike Sheahans of the world (Ball family friend) simply talking up trash that aint there.

As Barks rightly says, Ball was on ludicrous coin for what he was worth. In the end the club offered him a contract it thought he was worth. Luke didnt like it and Collingwood said "hey we got somemore bucks...." Luke walked.

I still to this day back the club in this - couldnt give a shyte if LB has a GF medal....only deep down inside would he know how much more a flag won with your BEST MATES who you worked your guts out for years would mean over a flag won with a bunch of strangers.

Good luck to him - he is a filth player and we should move on.

I also STILL believe that with the right mindset D Armitage can play the same role for us AND just may jag the odd goal....Ball has proven incapable of that and IMO in time his 1 dimensionalism will bite again.

And for those suggesting somehow Ball has morphed into this Collingwood elite superstar (horseshyte).......just think back to GF 1 WHEN WE HAD A RUCKMAN.....Ball impact was zilch.

“Yeah….nah””
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:FFS lets move on - this is ALL the Mike Sheahans of the world (Ball family friend) simply talking up trash that aint there.

As Barks rightly says, Ball was on ludicrous coin for what he was worth. In the end the club offered him a contract it thought he was worth. Luke didnt like it and Collingwood said "hey we got somemore bucks...." Luke walked.

I still to this day back the club in this - couldnt give a shyte if LB has a GF medal....only deep down inside would he know how much more a flag won with your BEST MATES who you worked your guts out for years would mean over a flag won with a bunch of strangers.

Good luck to him - he is a filth player and we should move on.

I also STILL believe that with the right mindset D Armitage can play the same role for us AND just may jag the odd goal....Ball has proven incapable of that and IMO in time his 1 dimensionalism will bite again.

And for those suggesting somehow Ball has morphed into this Collingwood elite superstar (horseshyte).......just think back to GF 1 WHEN WE HAD A RUCKMAN.....Ball impact was zilch.
I don't think the truth about LB will ever truly come out, or at least the media have taken up their version of the story and thats what has now happened. What frustrates me most, is why would we fly half way across the world to try to talk him into staying if we didn't want him? Surely, surely, we are smarter with our money than that!

I liken his premiership medal to a Premier League win with Man United. It would have meant so much more for him to win one with a club he has helped build from the bottom of the ladder up. But he has the coin, the respect of the football world (it would seem), the medal, and we are left wondering what could have been. Like BJ said, its a bloody cruel sport! :roll:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

maybe, just maybe, luke & the saints would have two flags each if Lyon had realised his true worth to the club. more than just his on field ability
and getting the hard ball. he's just the sort of bloke we need - worth lovett, peake, dempster and more combined.
I reckon we'd cover his costs easily without the chaff we brought in.
lyon's recruiting team had a win with dawson, did okay with schneider, and failed miserably elsewhere.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "