The Night Stewie Handed His Jumper Over To Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
Yeah..well, this 'piece of work' wants a friggin flag...after 45 years

What are you on about pal?

Kosi...and the like , aint going to get it for us...face facts

Ordinary mortals have performance reviews and are moved on if substandard...
Seriously, people like you make me sick. You want a flag, congratulations. There are a couple of million footy fans out there who would like a flag too. In fact there are a couple of million fans out there who would just like to see their team play in a Grand Final, I've seen mine play in 3 in 53 weeks.
I've seen "Kosi....and the like" go very close to winning two of them.

I just don't understand our so called supporters getting stuck into loyal servants of the club who give everything they have got to bring us a flag. Perhaps rather than the team get rid of Kosi, you could go and support another side with players you do like, damn sure the club won't miss you.

Kosi wasn't the worst player in any of our three GFs. He was better than Cloke in GF2 and better than Cloke and Dawes in GF1, are Collingwood supporters crying for the club to get rid of them? David Hale is getting plenty of attention at the moment, I would take Kosi over Hale any day of the week. Kosi may not be the player some people want him to be, but he is still comfortably in our best 22 and will be for some time.

St Kilda has been the second best side two years in a row, by a total of 12 points, get a grip.
Good post. I agree.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

troll
wanker

boot!

do it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Another excellent thread. There have been a few this week like lets get Barham, Fev, Mother Thersa, Derek Percey and Coen Brothers.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I think it's a shame about Kosi. The guy DOES have talent! We've all seen it (at times) but it's rare and that's the frustrating thing.

Unfortunately Kosi doesn't seem to have an ON or OFF button, it's a faulty switch at best. Nobody on a defensive line seems to take him all that seriously, hence teams being able to double tag Roo.

Perhaps it's a confidence thing? Who knows? Only Kosi himself can answer that.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kosi didn't lose us the GF, if anything his move into the ruck helped us look better than we should have. He took on ruck duties and performed admirably, he isn't a guy who is going to do a J.Brown but he is still worth having in the team.

The game was lost in the mid field, there was no clean delivery, no positive ball movement, nothing.

We had too many guys carrying injuries, and we sustained more during the match. We hit more posters than we have in any game in the season and hardly even looked competitive from the deliveries that were coming in.

We needed a little more luck with injuries or some extra mids that can fill in.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Coen Brothers
Are they available, we should definitely make a play for them!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Jewellzy
Club Player

The funny thing about that loss to Melbourne at the end of '02, was that in the Victory Room after the game, I was on the hunt for signatures and Kosi signed his with a 23. Not even 2 hours after he had the jumper he was already using Bucket's #.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

lennylegend wrote:Kosi has to go. He is a liabily up forward due to his inability to get the ball at ground level. He is rubbish below his knees and just doesnt DO enough to warrant a spot each week. We should trade him while he still has curency and play Stanley in his spot. Kosi will never win a GF at the St.Kilda football club as a forward so if he doesnt get fit enough to play full minutes in the ruck he MUST go. I know he is a nice guy and all that but i dont pay my membership and reserved seat each year to watch nice guys, I want winning Grand Finals.
Unfortunately that is a key comment in your post, our kicking into our forward line is terrible, alot of kicks come in at his feet...it really is shocking disposal & when the ball is coming in so slowly, when it is kicked at a decent height, opposition defenders have plenty of time to spoil. Not an excuse, just an observation...our kicking skills are really quite poor at times.

I'm not really sure how much currency you think he has because your observations make him worth about as much as a dropped pie & a flat Dr Pepper with a cigarette butt in it.

I think St Kilda is the best club for him but things have to change in terms of set up and predictability. Keep him at full forward, with 5 minute stints in the ruck in the middle of each quarter, sometimes play Stanley at CHF and Roo on the wing, with a Goddard type licence to go where ever he see fit. We need Walsh or Lynch to put their hands up for a forward spot and play three genuine small forwards, Milne, Schneider and Steven.

Our forward line needs to be dangerous and all who play there must be accountable and have the will to tackle. We need to back all our players to be able to run all day and win their one on one contests...it worked for Collingwood, the Cats and if you watch Sydney now, their style has changed dramatically from '05 & '06.

On Collingwood & the Cats, all their big forwards are not game breakers but they do compete and IMO get much better delivery than ours so that to me is one of our key areas needed for improvement.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Kosi is the laughing stock of the league and along with McQualter is one of the fundamental reasons we failed to win the 2009 and 2010 premierships. I have no interest in what sort of bloke he is, he's a terrible footballer in 2010.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Another excellent thread. There have been a few this week like lets get Barham, Fev, Mother Thersa, Derek Percey and Coen Brothers.
That's an insult to the Coen Bros. They should do a film about us.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:troll
wanker

boot!

do it
A++

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kalsaint
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:This thread is a disgrace. Kosi should be showed some respect.

Mods, please LOCK IT.
WHY? Because you dont like others opinions? !! Get over yourself.

This is what a forum is for.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency