A one-sided Grand Final Replay?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Aus wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Tom_Aus wrote:Agree it won't be a close margin (hope not anyway, couldn't cope with that 3 GF's running), i think the saints will get up by 5-6 goals, and blow them away in the last quarter.
Still think Peake is a sneaky chance at norm smith (can't play worse than GF 1)
I must say I found it funny when some people picked peake for the norm smith last week. In 20 games this year I doubt he has been in the top 5 once let alone BOG in a GF. Doesnt make sense to me. Just look at last week, the 2 best Sainters for the year were the best 2.
You make too much sense, lol... I guess we get seduced by the juicy odds offered, i guess he is that price for a reason. Although i had $10 on Gram last year to win the norm smith at $101, as i didn't think he could play anywhere near as badly as he did in the prelim. Nearly got up
Very unlucky. Should have got half the money. Grammy is a superstar on last years form compared to Peake though IMO.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Tom_Aus wrote:Agree it won't be a close margin (hope not anyway, couldn't cope with that 3 GF's running), i think the saints will get up by 5-6 goals, and blow them away in the last quarter.
Still think Peake is a sneaky chance at norm smith (can't play worse than GF 1)
I must say I found it funny when some people picked peake for the norm smith last week. In 20 games this year I doubt he has been in the top 5 once let alone BOG in a GF. Doesnt make sense to me. Just look at last week, the 2 best Sainters for the year were the best 2.
True. But If he had a 20 possession game and kicked maybe three goals....he would have to be in with a shot. :P

Its possible. Well, when he was paying $60-80 it was possible.

Back to the OP....

I reckon this game will be close for a half. I'm hoping we are much better positioned than four goals down at half time. I think that one side will fade in the third and moreso in the last quarter.

That said, I gotta back the saints in here. They are hardly mentally fragile. Would not be out of place saying they are the mentally strongest side in the comp.

WE
DONT
STOP.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:No idea who will win but IMO it will not be close. It will end up to hard mentally for one of the sides to come up this week.
Very much agree, we won't be folding.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:It could be, especially if they run out of gas and we get a run on. IN that situation we usually put the cue in the rack and let whoever we're playing back in, but this week, with no following matches to conserve our energy for, we could go right on with it.
Exactly how I feel about it!

If there is a team that can go the distance, we'd be the ones!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!