open Training session

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mordi wrote:bump....finished at 3.00 - anyone back yet?
Yep.
Good... we were starting to worry about you.
Who's the WE, sucker ? :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Pretty sure Dal was kicking on his left foot.

Gardiner made a late entrance and did some ruck drills.

Seniors in one group, juniors in another, Zac, Lenny and Kosi running slow laps then doing two-on-one ball exercises.

Practically the whole playing group was out. Cahill, Winmar etc. - did not spot Leigh Fisher (has probably left), Walsh, or Hutchings.

Almost mistook Archer for Walsh. Boy has he bulked up! His kicking looked good. I heard some dubious things about his ability at the start of the year, he sure looks like a future player now.

Will post up some photos.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

boys looked positive and determined.

grammy looked a bit restricted i thought, but i'm told he always does.

if he's passed fit i guess he'll play as we know he can produce in big games.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Top photos InkerSaint. Thanks for sharing, our boys are looking great :)

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Dal was definitely kicking with his left. Looked quite sharp. They were all pinging for goals and dal had at least 2 shots kicking with his left and they were very penetrating kicks.

He looked really good, really really good

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Beautiful radiant colour on your camera there Inker

Beej
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Dal was definitely kicking with his left. Looked quite sharp. They were all pinging for goals and dal had at least 2 shots kicking with his left and they were very penetrating kicks.

That's what I wanted here.

A firing Dal will be like bringing in a superstar to help us out.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Great news on Dal.

Load up on him and Joey for Norm Smith this week, expect to see Hayes and BJ slowed down some what.

The stage is set for these two to take the game apart.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:Dal was definitely kicking with his left. Looked quite sharp. They were all pinging for goals and dal had at least 2 shots kicking with his left and they were very penetrating kicks.

I get the feeling that what Ross "expects of him this week" is that he kicks on his left foot. Great to hear that he may be in better shape this week. We don't want to leave so much to Lenny and BJ again.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:Great news on Dal.

Load up on him and Joey for Norm Smith this week, expect to see Hayes and BJ slowed down some what.

What about that other Nick bloke, the one with the blonde hair?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Great news on Dal.

What about that other Nick bloke?
Yeah, him too. 8-)

It seems to be a midfielders medal though, last KP forward to win was.....Ablett Snr ('89)

Sam23
SS Life Member

18 of this weeks team trained together. Zac, Lenny, Kosi the other three, who ran laps, seemed to be fine tho, in high spirits while running the laps.

Gardiner appeared to do some handballs with Raph Clarke and then with the physio. Didn't see him run once, not really holding out hope for him.

Armitage, Steven, McEvoy, Geary etc. all trained with the other group, seemed to be training a little harder in that group and they stayed out longer.

Dal kicking with his left foot, looked quite good I thought.

Baker in high spirits.

Gram looked a little restricted I thought, although did have a long shot for goal and it went through, so maybe he was just cold haha?

Crowd was good, merchandise sales would've been good - big line after training finished.

Goddard.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Top pics thanks

Is S.King still training with main group?

Sam23
SS Life Member

He trained today, not with the main group tho.

I get the feeling that the groups were split up due to recovery and all that.

Goddard.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Gram looked a little restricted I thought.
he'd better crank it up a bit if he plays. i know his season has been badly interrupted by injury but surely it is a matter of time before he reproduces something like his game in the 2009 GF.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep, I've nothing really to add to the above.

Dal was kicking with his left boot, and very well, seemed very confident in his body.

Gram always looks like his running awkwardly to me, he literally shuffles, not just recently. He still participated in the short sprints, and seemed fine. The only time someone came up to him was during the stretching, he got up a little earlier than everyone else.

Dempster was someone else I watched a little closer, given he appeared to roll his ankle on Saturday. He was running freely today, which was good to see, need him up and about. Was actually tempted to yell out 'give us a smile Sean'

I love the body language of Steven and Geary, the always look like they are having a really good time. When I first arrived, they were together with Patto, trying to kick some miracle goals from the boundary where I was standing. Pretty sure not one of them got one through, the unlikely one who did was Steven King, who BTW, seems really good in his mentoring of the younger players.

Watched the kids training, maybe I'm the only one that thought so, but I didn't think Ben's body language was that great? I'm a fan of him, he just seemd to be lagging behind and not the happy. Armitage I thought was really getting into it, led the pack every time they went around, very focused.

Leigh Fisher was out there, handballing at one stage with Gardiner and Raph. Nice to hear the cheer for Gardiner when he came out, he was only handballing, and I did notice one time he didn't want to lean down to pick up a dropped handball.

Lenny was getting a lot of love, which is of course how it should be.
Last edited by SainterK on Tue 28 Sep 2010 6:15pm, edited 2 times in total.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Thought it was a bigger crowd than last week, training was also a little more serious than last weeks session.
All looked sharp and in very good spirit.
Dal looked fit and was kicking freely on his left, Gram, looked a little stiff, but as said before slotted through a nice goal at the end, he may have loosened up a bit as training progressed.
McEvoy did train with the group of players who didn't play last week, Gardi just did handball drills from what I saw.
I'm still tipping the one change, McEvoy for Gardiner, unless Gardiner makes a miraculous recovery.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Top pics thanks

Is S.King still training with main group?
He actually looked like he was taking the other group for training. Maybe already in coaching mode even though they werent ruck players

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:18 of this weeks team trained together. Zac, Lenny, Kosi the other three, who ran laps, seemed to be fine tho, in high spirits while running the laps.

Gardiner appeared to do some handballs with Raph Clarke and then with the physio. Didn't see him run once, not really holding out hope for him.

Armitage, Steven, McEvoy, Geary etc. all trained with the other group, seemed to be training a little harder in that group and they stayed out longer.

Baker in high spirits.

Gram looked a little restricted I thought, although did have a long shot for goal and it went through, so maybe he was just cold haha?

Crowd was good, merchandise sales would've been good - big line after training finished.
Not much stock left either, heaps of 'GF Replay History' shirts being sold..

saintnick12
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Sam23 wrote:18 of this weeks team trained together. Zac, Lenny, Kosi the other three, who ran laps, seemed to be fine tho, in high spirits while running the laps.

Baker in high spirits.

Not much stock left either, heaps of 'GF Replay History' shirts being sold..
They better get more stock in for Sunday then. Will be a massive day if we win :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
mordi
Club Player

raw footage from today's session ( with saints go marchin in over the top!!)

http://media.theage.com.au/national/sel ... 53707.html

What's the Point of it All?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:None of the players are out there :shock:
they were actuaslly - the first group out about 1.40

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107