NO extra time today = DISGRACE!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saint75 wrote:Love the replay next week. I know it can get expensive, but just think how many extra Saints fans will get a chance to watch it next week?

This is a game that will be remembered for many years to come and those of us lucky enough to attend will say 'remember when.....'

It is tradition, leave it as it is. Time on would have ruined a fantastic match and unusual finish.
Exactly. As someone who didn't manage to get a ticket for last Saturday, but has gotten one for the "replay", I'm very happy that there's a "replay"/re-match. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it means that thousands more who really and truly care about the result get to be there to witness it/be a part of it. We've been to pretty much every single St Kilda game in Melb for the past 20 years and it just felt wrong to be sitting there watching it on the TV, especially when it got close, knowing that we might win it, but not be there.
Last Saturday there were thousands and thousands there who probably didn't really give a toss who won and they got to see one of the best games of all time for their money. This week, many more like us will be there. Sure some who care deeply will miss out this week, because of other committments/finances, after being there last week, but they will most likely be far outnumbered by those who also really care and will now be at the "replay". I reckon that makes this system worth keeping.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Mon 27 Sep 2010 10:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Re: NO extra time today = DISGRACE!

saintspremiers wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:you money grubbing prick Dimwit!

Nuff said.

Not happy!
GET REAL!
barks, people have lives outside footy.

our family have a holiday booked next week - which the GF replay stuffs up.

My Mum is selling her house, stuffs up open for inspections.

What about interstate and OS supporters?

Think big picture OK???
Were all of them not aware of the fact that if there is a draw they go again next week? If so, they took a punt that there wouldn't be one and they lost. No-one made them take that punt, did they (especially the holiday/selling house ones, etc.)?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: NO extra time today = DISGRACE!

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:you money grubbing prick Dimwit!

Nuff said.

Not happy!
GET REAL!
barks, people have lives outside footy.

our family have a holiday booked next week - which the GF replay stuffs up.

My Mum is selling her house, stuffs up open for inspections.

What about interstate and OS supporters?

Think big picture OK???
Were all of them not aware of the fact that if there is a draw they go again next week? If so, they took a punt that there wouldn't be one and they lost. No-one made them take that punt, did they (especially the holiday/selling house ones, etc.)?
Yep, when I booked my trip to the States in 2005 I deliberately left another week after the GF just in case there was the need for a replay.

Of course we didn't make it to the Big Dance that year, but you get my point.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I certainly do. It's not like the fact there's a "replay", if it's a draw, was a secret. It's been that way for decades.