Stress Levels?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:Check in here every 5 minutes. Not getting a hell of a lot done at work :S
More than me it sounds like!

They walk amongst us...

markinUSA
SS Life Member

One of the worst things in life for me is stress. Too much stress (i.e. anything more than a tiny bit) and I really don't do well. EVen though there is 'good' stress and 'bad' stress; it still doesn't make a difference in terms of its effects on me.

I've been having terrible headaches, I guess from the stress, lack of sleep... and all of these things are particularly bad for me... and they took their toll today, as I had a seizure.

It's terrible that I can't come, because I had a broken spine and a fusion last December... which hasn't healed and I can't fly. But now other things with my health are kicking in. It sucks, frankly.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Hey markinUSA

So sorry to hear that you arent doing well. Sending my calm vibes your way.
I cant make it to the game either but will be cheering loudly from at home just like I am sure you will be too :)

GO SAINTS

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
StNoodles
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:One of the worst things in life for me is stress. Too much stress (i.e. anything more than a tiny bit) and I really don't do well. EVen though there is 'good' stress and 'bad' stress; it still doesn't make a difference in terms of its effects on me.

I've been having terrible headaches, I guess from the stress, lack of sleep... and all of these things are particularly bad for me... and they took their toll today, as I had a seizure.

It's terrible that I can't come, because I had a broken spine and a fusion last December... which hasn't healed and I can't fly. But now other things with my health are kicking in. It sucks, frankly.
Sorry to hear Mark

There is only one antidote

Buckets
SS Life Member

HSVKing wrote:
fingers wrote:Best thing I've done is spend this lead up week in Singapore. The lack of media has been good.
You get the same in NSW.

Used to go to Albury GF week. Was all good in 1997 until our hotel room cleaner started walking around in an Adelaide shirt :evil:
I gather because I havent seen anyone up here wearing anything of the sort that you 'cleaned' him up :wink:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why are people stressed? What is going on this week?

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
fingers wrote:Best thing I've done is spend this lead up week in Singapore. The lack of media has been good.
You get the same in NSW.

Used to go to Albury GF week. Was all good in 1997 until our hotel room cleaner started walking around in an Adelaide shirt :evil:
I gather because I havent seen anyone up here wearing anything of the sort that you 'cleaned' him up :wink:
Was a woman actually.

Even though I was only 13, still wouldn't have been right :P

They walk amongst us...

Beej
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:One of the worst things in life for me is stress. Too much stress (i.e. anything more than a tiny bit) and I really don't do well. EVen though there is 'good' stress and 'bad' stress; it still doesn't make a difference in terms of its effects on me.

That sounds rough.

Last Sunday I was groomsman at a mate's wedding and after the game on Saturday night I was so pumped full of adrenalin I could not get to sleep... at all, not one second. At about 6am I started putting pressure on myself to fall asleep and when you start doing that, you're no chance.

Photographer and video guy arrived at 9am and from then till about 11pm that night I was on my feet running around (ceremony, 3-hour photo session (ffs), reception) without much of a break. I was absolute cactus throughout the whole thing.

For the last few days I've been a bit of a mess while my body has attempted to recover from what I did to it. Today is the first day I've felt close to normal since. I've been sleeping like a baby but I still feel as though I haven't caught up on that sleep I lost.

Not even close to what you've been through I'm sure but I can empathise.

A combination of stress and a lack of sleep can be really detrimental to one's health.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Stay well, mate.

You really picked the wrong sport and team though! :wink:

Hope our boys give you plenty to grin about on the weekend....

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Not a lot of stress here.

Learned a lot from last year.

Nothing you do, nothing you think about, nothing you analyse will have any bearing on the outcome.

Nothing.

Let it just play out.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Not a lot of stress here.

Nothing you do, nothing you think about, nothing you analyse will have any bearing on the outcome.

Nothing.

Let it just play out.
Feel exactly the same way bigred. 8-)

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Not a lot of stress here.

Nothing.

Let it just play out.
see i know that. i have really tried to keep the stess down but my stomach is now churing.

you would think after crying off and on for a week thlast year i'd be better this year , nup!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Get in the bubble.

Seriously, get in the bubble.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Quixote
SS Life Member

I'm struggling to think about much else.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Why are people stressed? What is going on this week?
Nothing.

Gershwin
Club Player

where are my lucky socks .....aaargh !!!!

summertime and the living is easy ........
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I do recommend getting into the saints bubble as well :)

Our boys are preparing well I am sure. Ross is working out how to give them the best shot at a flag.

Easy to say and so much harder to do but enjoy it, we made it this far. Despite plenty of voices speaking up saying we were gone because of performance in NAB Cup Final but we pushed on.

When Roo went down we were gone for all money and werent a chance to make the 8 and Roo wouldnt be back this year, but we finished top four and a certain N Riewoldt will be playing Saturday

The off field dramas were certain to derail us but here we are.

We werent rated much of a chance to beat the Cats first week of the finals but we did.

Our Sainters earned this week. Celebrate the good that has happened so far.

So come what may this Saturday have faith in our boys, they will fight with all they have.

GO SAINTS

markp
Saintsational Legend

All you 'cool cats' will probably be hyperventilating while the National Anthem is being sung... :wink:

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

markp wrote:All you 'cool cats' will probably be hyperventilating while the National Anthem is being sung... :wink:
:lol: probably
I always do get the emotional shiver down the spine moment when the boys stand shoulder to shoulder ready to battle

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:All you 'cool cats' will probably be hyperventilating while the National Anthem is being sung... :wink:
I certainly do not discount, by any means, that distinct possibility markp. :wink:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I don't doubt it.

I'm sure I'll be a mess on Saturday arvo.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:08am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
saintnick12
Club Player

I feel less stressed than last year for some reason.

Last year the stress levels were sky high. This year the stress is there, but not nearly as badly as last year. I also feel more confident than I did last year. I seriously thought we were a chance to get absolutely smashed last year. This year I'm quietly confident. Strange, but it's how I feel. Last year I didn't really allow myself to picture us winning it until 3/4 time when it got the better of me. This year I'm just going with it, and the confidence has slowly built throughout the week.

Having said all that, I'm off work and having a very unproductive week. The week is nearly over and I've got nothing of substance done, and have spent way too much time on here. Have had a few issues sleeping but nothing like the last few days before and after last years GF.

When you're in it your a chance, and I really think we have a big show. It's up to them now. What will be, will be.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I am starting to fear by the national anthem tomorrow I will have a panic attack.

It is now 2:00PM on Friday, the day before the grand Final - a smidge over 24 hours until the opening bounce and I am still calm and not nervous or stressed out or worried at all.

I don't know if it is the self imposed St Kilda bubble/media ban I have put on myself but I just don't feel like the nervous wreck I was last year.

Is something perhaps very, very wrong with me?

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Why are people stressed? What is going on this week?
Round 26.