Open Training Session

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Couple more

Finally, might not get to see this for much longer

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dempster still not smiling! :wink:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the pics!! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
oh when
Club Player

DAL

When Dal left the field he went up stairs shook Ross' hand - they did not show any concerns about him leaving the session.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eddy was certainly upstairs later

I thought it was good the whole squad were out there
soaking up the atmosphere

and the last one's in
the big blonde and his Birthday mate- after they had greeeted a texan and family :)

must beserious when he brings her to training. :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
4ever_saint
Club Player

A few snaps :)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Watching the replay he did kick with his left in the second half.

He will play.
We focused on him but didn't see it. :? Glad to be proven wrong though.
Seen the replay and he did kick with his left once that I noticed in the second half.

And it was a beautiful, long, accurate kick too.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The fact that both Gram and Dal trained at all two days after a big final is great news I reckon - considering Ball is still getting over his cramp and couldn't get on the track today apparently.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:The fact that both Gram and Dal trained at all two days after a big final is great news I reckon - considering Ball is still getting over his cramp and couldn't get on the track today apparently.
To be honest I wouldnt call Dals training at all but yes Gram did everything so unless he hurts himself this week, he looks a certainty.

saintnick12
Club Player

Moods wrote:The fact that both Gram and Dal trained at all two days after a big final is great news I reckon - considering Ball is still getting over his cramp and couldn't get on the track today apparently.
I agree. I was not expecting to see either of them.

Dal seems annoyed at all the speculation and claims he's right to go, even blaming the clubs medical staff for making a big deal of it...joking that they go so over the top which has caused all this speculation. I noticed he said that yesterday and has said it again today. He claims he's playing, though he's hardly likely to say he wasn't .

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
starsign
Club Player

thanks heaps photo posters !!!!

Love Ya!!

Country and Interstate Sainters really appreciate your efforts

and Oversea-ers and any one else who couldn't be there !!

these pics will go down in history this year ...I can feel it !!!

GOSAINTERS!!

hellorocky
Club Player

thanks for the great photos, I am happy the whole squad was there - especially some that have no chance of playing this week.

Really appreciate quality photos, the official ones one facebook are a terrible quality

SaintTom
Club Player

Correct me if I'm wrong (about Ball) but does it seem odd that they said he won't train this week but will go through rehab, and he will play? I didn't think too much rehab would be necessary if it was just a cramp on Friday night, certainly not a weeks worth. Seems to me that he won't be lining up after all.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:thanks for the great photos, I am happy the whole squad was there - especially some that have no chance of playing this week.
yeah, interesting to see players like leigh fisher, raph clarke, nick winmar and blake mcgrath out there - they were all injured towards the end of the season. was jesse smith in any of those photos?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
hellorocky wrote:thanks for the great photos, I am happy the whole squad was there - especially some that have no chance of playing this week.
yeah, interesting to see players like leigh fisher, raph clarke, nick winmar and blake mcgrath out there - they were all injured towards the end of the season. was jesse smith in any of those photos?
I think you will find Jesse has finished with club. The only 2 not there was Eddy and Hutchins apart from Lovett and Smith of course.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Image

Dempster still not smiling! :wink:
Read this grab from his press conference, poor guy probably puts himself under so much pressure.

''I suppose you can feel a bit awkward, especially when you're replacing someone of Steven Baker's calibre,'' said Dempster. ''But in saying that, I probably tend not to try not to think about it too much, otherwise it would do my head in.''

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
maybe it is an incentive for those players (except fisher) for next year. and it also may give all the players a good feeling about themselves even if they themselves are not playing in a grand final

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Good to see the long-term injured players out there, Raph and Nick W. And I hope it is empowering the youngsters who are not quite ready this season, for the future.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't going to post in this as I thought most of the pics were better then the ones I took and most of the actual training was explained very well.

But......

What a great effort by the club to organise something so well on the monday. Low key but great for the kids. Signs and footballs given out, board for people to write their support. Food vans, sausage sizzle, caravan to sell merchandise. Lots of staff on the ground willing to let anyone know anything with a smile. The car parking was better then for the intra-club and a very well managed.

So proud of the club.

On the actual training. Seemed that dal wanted to do more then the fitness staff would allow and thus this is why he went in early. They seemed to have it down to a tee and feel so comfortable with the players being fit and focused come saturday.

Gram is not 100% and might never be. The problem with the hip is that there are so many nerve fibres and muscle control in that area that a flare up will always be painful. Personally it looked like he was trying to get through the game last week and should throw everything he has into the grand final.

A couple of others that stood out were roo and BJ. WOW tak about intense and focused. BJ runs harder and is so professional. Wants everything to be perfect. No wonder he gets a little emotional if something does not come off. I wll be putting money on him for the norm smith. Nick is a freak, looks to be in the best fitness and form since 2004 IMO.

Finally this group has come through helland back with everything thrown at them. We have the fittest, most committed and best structured team in our recient history. If scores are close with 5 mins to go I will back the boys to pull through.

Enjoy the week, this is OUR CLUBS TIME!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith