Standing room

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:Yeah f****** $142

I'm actually not all that happy with it. I know I am ridiculously lucky to get a ticket, but I cant help but think how s*** it is to get standing room.
I felt the same last year, but on the day you'll just be so grateful to be there you won't care. I was almost in tears seeing people outside the ground with a little cardboard sign asking for a ticket.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

exactly

she'll be right
no on e will give a shite when we win the damn thing

i just checked the ticket prices
there is no 148.50 ticket
so F*** knows

:?

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I say count yourselves lucky anyone who complains about standing room. there are a heap of people who would take it in a heat beat. I was fortunate enough to get a ticket at the last minute in 2009, and even though I was standing I was just stoked to be there, had a great view, got there early and had the whole area packed with saints. Didn't get the result, but the experience was great, and I'm glad I was their.

Im fortunate to have a ticket already this year, but hell, I'd stand on hot coals if thats what it took.

Carpe Diem
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

142 + handling....$6

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im in

thats all that matters 8-)

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
jonesy wrote:Did standing last year. My preference is to do Standing these days,I reckon there is more atmosphere....and I can yell louder when I stand,and can move around a bit when it's tense!

There are two different standing areas. One is flat concrete,and the other is on elevated steps.
Last years Grand Final we stood on the flat in the fwd pocket great southern stand. If you are not on the fence,or tall this is a bit of a head ache,trying to dodge around people to get a view when it's down your end. We didn't line up early,so we stood about 3 deep. Standing areas go about 2-4 deep

On the elevated steps standing area,you can see the entire ground,and the atmosphere is 2nd to none. However you don't get complete views of the goalposts,so high kicks at goal your relying on the crowds roar,or the tv screen
Do you mean there are two different TYPES of standing rooms, or there is actually only two standing rooms in the entire ground?

Bloody hope I'm in the second on you described haha.
Nah two different types Gill. Flat,or elevated steps,that's in the Great Southern Stand anyway. Have never stood in other sections

Bring back the Lockett era
matrix
Saintsational Legend

do we stand in the same area or is there numerous areas

can remember catching up with a saintsationalist last year in standing but only saw the one area

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Would be more than happy to meet up with folks in the designated area first thing...and save your spot etc so you can actually have a reasonable morning...
Do that and you can take turns to come up to the Corner for a drink. We did that last year.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yo Red, you had a SC membership, right?

Don't blame you for feeling a little ripped off.

I for one, am counting my blessings getting a standing room ticket via the September Saint deal.

SRT's (Standing Room Troopers) unite!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Yo Red, you had a SC membership, right?

Don't blame you for feeling a little ripped off.

I for one, am counting my blessings getting a standing room ticket via the September Saint deal.

SRT's (Standing Room Troopers) unite!
I am a SC member and we got SR last year.

I tried to rationalise it by the fact that 20,000 last year, and 28,000 members of the STKFC this year will miss out completely on tickets to the game.

Organise yourself, get there early, and have a chat with the people around you, all will or should be passionate Saints members.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
georgie girl
Club Player

Standing room in 97 and last year. Would prefer seats anyday.
Not easy and a long day but thanked my lucky stars that at least I was there! Others not so lucky or not well enough to be able to stand for the day.
Now all I need is a win!! PLEASE!!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah don't get me wrong.

I'm happy to have a ticket.

It's not our fault so many members miss out. I've been an SC member for over 25 years and at least I get to go. Some reward for keeping the faith I suppose.

When I find out what area my ticket is for I will try to find some other folk from here in the same area. Hopefully we can organise something to make the day a bit easier.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
StNoodles
Club Player

Yep, standing room via september saint offer so absolutely stoked!!!

Looking forward to finding out where we all are! I'll be attending solo so looking forward to meeting a few blokes from here!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
bigred wrote:Yeah f****** $142

I'm actually not all that happy with it. I know I am ridiculously lucky to get a ticket, but I cant help but think how s*** it is to get standing room.
I felt the same last year, but on the day you'll just be so grateful to be there you won't care. I was almost in tears seeing people outside the ground with a little cardboard sign asking for a ticket.
I've been a full MCC member for 14 years now, and have been to 11 Grand Finals in that time.

It's always a buzz to get a seat at GF.......I'm lucky to be in the MCC, but I never take it for granted.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I'm in my 60s and stand every week, so was happy to have standing room last year, got there at about 1pm and had no problem. Footy supporters are generally a good class of people.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigred
Saintsational Legend

This is Collingwood Bernard.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:This is Collingwood Bernard.
Yeah I stood in the old Southern Stand in '66 and there was no problem.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm in my 60s and stand every week, so was happy to have standing room last year, got there at about 1pm and had no problem. Footy supporters are generally a good class of people.
Is it just St Kilda supporters in one Standing Room, and Collingwood supporters in their own standing rooms?

Or are they all combined?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm in my 60s and stand every week, so was happy to have standing room last year, got there at about 1pm and had no problem. Footy supporters are generally a good class of people.
Is it just St Kilda supporters in one Standing Room, and Collingwood supporters in their own standing rooms?

Combined,stand where ever you want once you're in. Although last year it was all Stkilda in standing within 50 meters of us. Don't know if Geelong got sold any

Bring back the Lockett era
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:

Different section for each club, but hard to police. If you go where your ticket states it will be a Saints area.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Did standing room last year, behind the saints CS. Was good fun and the atmosphere was great. I was fine standing but i am 16. we got their a little after the gates opened and got a pretty good view.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Different section for each club, but hard to police. If you go where your ticket states it will be a Saints area.
That's good news. I don't fancy being stuck between a group of Collingwood supporters at all.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

People have mentioned that they have stood on the wing where the AFL members are. Joffaboy I think that was you? How do you get access to the AFL members area without a membership card? Any are from M17 - M28 is AFL members. Just curious. Did anyone stand in these areas last year.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:im just happy to be there
peeps are missing out
so yeah deff not complaining

saw that 148.50 odd had come off the CC from ticketek sydney
presumed its standing

saw where solar stood last year
actually wasnt that bad if ya get to the front
Seems it will be my turn to bring beers to you :wink:

Agree with everything said. Get someone to get there when the gates open, stake a claim at the front. The majority will be saints fans as they group you together.

Good view but you do miss things. Never saw the ball hit the post of instance..... meant I could apply to be a goal umpire :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:People have mentioned that they have stood on the wing where the AFL members are. Joffaboy I think that was you? How do you get access to the AFL members area without a membership card? Any are from M17 - M28 is AFL members. Just curious. Did anyone stand in these areas last year.
I was in the same group as Joffaboy & was quite worried when we got there that we wouldn't be able to get in without showing an AFL membership but obviously the standing area behind the seating doesn't come under the "AFL members" banner. It was a great view on the wing & we stayed dry.