KOSSSSSSSSIIIIIII

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:IMO Kossi has been carrying some injuries..

With a week to freshen up I am expecting a big PF from him.
The only injuries Kosi is carrying are in his head. He played a great first quarter and then said I've done my bit hoo roo.
Would it have been hoo roo?
Might have been good night, nighty night, good bye, see ya later, I'm outa here, whatever. The fact is he shut up shop. Maybe he was tired watching Roo do all that running around.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's a win for us.

If we happen to meet Cats again, Bomber will be forced into seriously thinking of selecting Lonergan and dropping a small.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

The only injuries Kosi is carrying are in his head. He played a great first quarter and then said I've done my bit hoo roo.
Might have been good night, nighty night, good bye, see ya later, I'm outa here, whatever. The fact is he shut up shop. Maybe he was tired watching Roo do all that running around.
Nup. I reckon it would have been something more like, "I've reached my target KPIs"

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Nup. I reckon it would have been something more like, "I've reached my target KPIs"
I hadn't thought of that, you could be onto something there.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I hadn't thought of that, you could be onto something there.
Yeah. He nearly reached his season average by quarter time. Fact.

StNoodles
Club Player

Kosi smashed one of the best defenders in the history of the afl for 30 minutes. Yes we would like 2 hours, but can't expect too much more than what he produced given the role he has been playing.

starsign
Club Player

Good that Kosi demanded enough accountability to allow Reiwoldt to be Reiwoldt,
nailed it BAM!!

after clearly presenting a threat to their defence in Q! he kept well clear of Roo with Mr Starlett sticking to him like glue ( I don't think he ever thought of going for one of his down field havock creating old trademark runs which may be a thing of the past.... I wouldn't know as I haven't seen much of them this year)

but Koz set the scene for mine and they were very aware of his dangerous presence for the next 3Qs

With Scarlett generally well out of the action and Roo often one man out and in superb touch it looks a great recipe to follow and would be the major wrry to the remainder of the finalists , patricularly if its successful for us on a fairly wet and difficult day condition wise!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
nailed it BAM!!

after clearly presenting a threat to their defence in Q! he kept well clear of Roo with Mr Starlett sticking to him like glue ( I don't think he ever thought of going for one of his down field havock creating old trademark runs which may be a thing of the past.... I wouldn't know as I haven't seen much of them this year)

but Koz set the scene for mine and they were very aware of his dangerous presence for the next 3Qs

With Scarlett generally well out of the action and Roo often one man out and in superb touch it looks a great recipe to follow and would be the major wrry to the remainder of the finalists , patricularly if its successful for us on a fairly wet and difficult day condition wise!
So how did Scarlett have 14 possessions after quarter time to Kosi zero?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
starsign wrote:
nailed it BAM!!

So how did Scarlett have 14 possessions after quarter time to Kosi zero?
The stuff that falls out of the sky, hurts the forwards

FQF
SS Life Member

I think that after Q1, despite not getting a disposal, he still managed to have an impact on the game.
Got in the right positions, drew players, used his big body to advantage.

Definitely dropped a fair few levels after the first Q, but he definitely did not become invisible.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

At the end of the day, there's not much more we could've expected from Kosi.

You can't say Kosi didn't put in the effort. Its not like he didn't actually try to get anywhere near the ball or to lay a tackle or anything.

Yes his output was terrible after quarter time, but his effort was very good and I can't fault that.

PLus he was absolutely incredible in the first quarter so that's more than what he usually does.

Still want to see aq vast improvement in his game for the rest fo our finals campaign but at least he is on the right track.

As SrR stated a whikle ago, everything seems to be clicking into palce now.

Still a lot to do before we get where we need to but everything seems to be clicking for us right now.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I think that after Q1, despite not getting a disposal, he still managed to have an impact on the game.
Got in the right positions, drew players, used his big body to advantage.

Definitely dropped a fair few levels after the first Q, but he definitely did not become invisible.
No, not invisible, very visible five metres behind Scarlett, or just standing there.