Is our Bottom Six that bad?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I am sick to death of hearing we have the 4th -5th most talented team on the list. I think we have one of THE most talented lists of players going around. Players don't all of a sudden just have a good game and play above themselves because they feel like it. We have one 3 out of our last 4 games against the team that is being sprouted as one of arguably the best of all time. Teams don't do this by playing above themselves. They do it because the are a bloomin' good team that is chock full of talented players.

Case in point is the Bulldogs. Footy scribes have been telling us all year they have a 'more talented' list than ours. Would they care to name at least 6 of these better players? Who on their list could you compare with:

1) Hayes
2) Reiwoldt
3) Goddard
4) Dal
5) Joey
6) Kosi (no questioning his talent, just consistency of performance)
7) Gilbert
8) Jones
9) Fisher
10) Milne
11) Schneider

There are just 11 players that spring to mind immediately when typing this post without even thinking about it. Compare that to Collingwood as well. The only list I believe 'arguably' may be better is Geelong in my opinion and our record against them is excellent in the last 2 years (if not heart breaking losing against them in THE most important game due to our inaccuracy in front of goal).

This amazing team has proven continually over the last 2 years how good this list really is. The scribes can 'shove' their opinion on our list where the sun doesn't shine. We made 3 on the ladder and won quite a few games in a row with a few of our elite players out for a significant chunk of the season. Bulldogs can not even look competitive let alone win when it counts. Think we can put the 'our bottom 6 suck' argument to bed now.

Fortius Quo Fidelius