Cadyn Beetham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:I remember being unhappy when we chose Beetham, as most of the media writers had suggested that Brad Green would be a good fit for the Saints at pick 10 or 11.
I have watched Brad Green play 200 games and now likely to be captain of Melbourne next year. -a very poor choice by Tim Watson who would be one of our worst coaches in 50 years.
How would you know if Tim Watson had any say in it. Surely it is up to the recruiters.
Surely you would know :P

Pretty sure there was a news article on the following:-

1. John Beveridge categorically stated that he wanted Brad Green but was overruled.

2. The year before pav went on #3, he had flown pavlich in from interstate to show to the coach about picking this pavlich bloke as a late pick. The coach said, "he isn't the type of player we need". Next year's draft he went at #3.

The leave it up to the recruitment people theory only took hold later on at St Kilda.

PS Michael Barlow did train with St Kilda but didn't get picked...
Prove any of that or is it just made up rubbish?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

i can confirm that JB was over ruled on Green and Pav and also didn't have say in Delany etc from that period.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:i can confirm that JB was over ruled on Green and Pav and also didn't have say in Delany etc from that period.
How can you prove it? By just saying it. I again say it is made up rubbish.

savatage
SS Life Member

The Pav one is news to me but yes the Brad Green one is definitely correct.

We had him down from Tassie for a private training session, pretty sure he was a Saints supporter too.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

7. Cadyn Beetham – St Kilda, Pick 9 (1999)
The story of St Kilda overlooking Luke McPharlin and Robert Murphy for Cadyn Beetham at Tim Watson’s insistence has been floating around Moorabbin for a while now, but only now are they really starting to regret this one. With no pace and poor disposal, Beetham was a costly mistake"

the real mistake was not taking brad green.....he was the one touted to be picked up by us....

beetham had a burst appendix and was very ill for awhile.....didn't do him a world of good......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

So if all these rumours are correct (or if we could go back in a time machine & kidnap Tim Watson & GT for a few years & put Misson is charge of the injury management) our current side could look like this;

B- Baker Hudgton Gilbert
HB- Goddard Maguire S.Fisher
C- Montagna Judd Dal Santo
HF- Hamill Pavlich Green
F- Milne Riewoldt Schneider
R- Gardiner Hayes Bartel
I- Kosi CJ Gram Salopek (because he didn't trade of Brooks).

Reasonable.

axcellence
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:I remember being unhappy when we chose Beetham, as most of the media writers had suggested that Brad Green would be a good fit for the Saints at pick 10 or 11.
I have watched Brad Green play 200 games and now likely to be captain of Melbourne next year. -a very poor choice by Tim Watson who would be one of our worst coaches in 50 years.
How would you know if Tim Watson had any say in it. Surely it is up to the recruiters.

1. John Beveridge categorically stated that he wanted Brad Green but was overruled.

2. The year before pav went on #3, he had flown pavlich in from interstate to show to the coach about picking this pavlich bloke as a late pick. The coach said, "he isn't the type of player we need". Next year's draft he went at #3.

The leave it up to the recruitment people theory only took hold later on at St Kilda.

It's quite proven... I don't have to prove it to you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How is it quite proven? because you said it? Surely that isnt proof.

axcellence
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can you prove I am wrong? I say its rubbish that you don't believe me :P

I am pretty sure my posting record stands for sticking with the truth.

I clearly remember reading the article in the age / smh a few years back.

I am unwilling to spend money / time researching back records to find a link. But I am quite clear on reading thee article some years back.

I suggest you back off before you you get a big egg on your face.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
axcellence wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can you prove I am wrong? I say its rubbish that you don't believe me :P

I am pretty sure my posting record stands for sticking with the truth.

I clearly remember reading the article in the age / smh a few years back.

I am unwilling to spend money / time researching back records to find a link. But I am quite clear on reading thee article some years back.

I suggest you back off before you you get a big egg on your face.
I dont want to prove you are wrong. I want you to prove you are right. You were the one slamming a person for not picking up a player because you said he wanted someone else. i havent said once that you are wrong but IMO if you are going to say something like that a bit of proof wouldnt hurt.

As for getting big egg on my face, one who cares and secondly who cares.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:i can confirm that JB was over ruled on Green and Pav and also didn't have say in Delany etc from that period.
How can you prove it? By just saying it. I again say it is made up rubbish.
JB said it to us one evening when a group of us from had him over as a speaker at a dinner to raise money for this forum