Sandringham Vs Nth Ballarat- Sat 14th at Ballarat- Reports

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

North Ballarat 2.4 2.7 4.9 9.13 (67)
Sandringham 2.0 2.0 3.3 3.3 (21)

Goals: Tregear Howard Sautner
Best: Gaertner Lynch Howard Walsh Irving Archer

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

interesting list

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
zebraman
Club Player

a very pleasant 2 1/2 hour drive from Ballarat to home....NOT

Disappointing day at Ballarat...with the howling gale all the play was on the opposite side of the ground to where we were sitting...reckon 95% of the play was on that sode of the ground so it's a bit hard to give an accurate guide as to how the players went...

There must have been around 20 out of bounds on the full with the wind that strong..

Looking at the players listed among the best, think it's pretty accurate...Lynch in the 2nd quarter was awesome as a loose player in defence...had a heap of possessions....Gaertner was good too...he is very fast...

Tommy Walsh most probably felt like he was on the west coast of Ireland today...

North Ballarat killed us in the ruck...David Hale and Orren Stephenson were far too tall and took a lot of marks around the ground

Armo ended up ok...last 2 games for Sandy in conditions like this he ended up injuring his knee but he managed to avoid injury today..the surface at North Ballarat was very good even after all the rain they have had...be interesting to see if they go ahead with plans to develop the oval for AFL matches there cos there is a lot of work to do...

Of the otheres that played....

Hutchings...fairly quiet

Cahill...struggled

Steven...got a bit of the ball...spent a bit of time on the interchange

Heyne..same as Steven

Smith...Johnson...got a few touches..

Simpkin...another pretty good game...was on Corey Jones who is a very experienced AFL player..I'm a big fan of Tommy Simpkin and his elevation this week was well deserved

Left home in the dark this morning...got home in the dark....possibly the coldest I've ever been at a football match...thanks to Sainbrat for providing a much needed blanket

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Cheers zebs, you're a star.

Hopefully the boys can finish with a win at Windy Hill next week.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote: Simpkin...another pretty good game...was on Corey Jones who is a very experienced AFL player..I'm a big fan of Tommy Simpkin and his elevation this week was well deserved

Left home in the dark this morning...got home in the dark....possibly the coldest I've ever been at a football match...thanks to Sainbrat for providing a much needed blanket
I'm rapt about Head playing well, can't wait to see him as a seniors regular.

Hehe I played a lot of my junior footy around Ballarat/Beaufort/Ararat Zeb, you brought back some horrific memories. :lol:

And good on ya again Bratty. :lol:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

only loaned him one - kept three for myself...........

But he did hold out for 3 quarters :wink:

was much warmer at the cinema this evening.. Inception is weird-- who has a mind to create that sort of fiction

on the game
I think Jack had four jumpers on- he was bulky- even sautner and Walsh had the long sleeves underneath
Sandy did play the second half with only 3 on the bench- don't know the sandy Players well enough to know which one was off-and he had a jacket on. so couldn't see number.
Lynch spent much of the game on the ground- really only noticed him come off once, He played right on the opposition goal line in the quarter Zebraman mentioned - rebounding many plays forward
Archer rucked for quite a bit of the game

Sandy reserves really were robbed- the ' frees' in the oppositon forward line were incredible--- one on the goal line scrum- goal umpire plus one couldn't decide- goal + 1 and two boundaries couldn't decide ( heard later the goal umpire was saying touched point- so the Umpire from the centre of the ground went down and decided it for them- meant Roosters gained lead-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=56266
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The final quarter saw Sandy exposed against the wind they were mobbed by the Roosters going scoreless to 5.4
Lynch and Magner were the only ones to finish the day with more than 20 possessions while Tregear, Irving and Howard all had an impact. Steve Gaertner and Danny Archer battled hard in the ruck while Cahill and Sautner were quiet in the forward line.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=56266
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The final quarter saw Sandy exposed against the wind they were mobbed by the Roosters going scoreless to 5.4
Lynch and Magner were the only ones to finish the day with more than 20 possessions while Tregear, Irving and Howard all had an impact. Steve Gaertner and Danny Archer battled hard in the ruck while Cahill and Sautner were quiet in the forward line.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......
patto would have been handy.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Lynch named 2nd best for second week running after his pretty lowly stint in the ones is good to see. I dont quite understand why he plays the majority of his one game in the fwdline when he has been playing really well as a back in the twos (according to reports).

I wouldn't want to unsettle the likes of Goddard, Gram, Gilbert, Geary, ok, not really Geary I just wanted to go with another G name...

But my point is, why wouldn't he play more time up forward for Sandy if that is where we are grooming him. Its like Goose last year playing fwd for Sandy, I just don't get it...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Lynch named 2nd best for second week running after his pretty lowly stint in the ones is good to see. I dont quite understand why he plays the majority of his one game in the fwdline when he has been playing really well as a back in the twos (according to reports).

I wouldn't want to unsettle the likes of Goddard, Gram, Gilbert, Geary, ok, not really Geary I just wanted to go with another G name...

But my point is, why wouldn't he play more time up forward for Sandy if that is where we are grooming him. Its like Goose last year playing fwd for Sandy, I just don't get it...
Maybe because he is a lazy (maybe a tad harsh, but you get the drift) forward that is being taught to work harder. :idea:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....