How did ARMO go in the 2's anyone know?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:I listened to the second half on VFL.com after the Saints game turned out to be a little boring. No disrespect but it was kind of one sided. So I listened to the VFL game and watched the saints and the melbourne,richmond game all at once.

Dave did get the ball from what I heard when he was on the field but obviously coming off his second knee injury and being out for a minumun of nearly9 weeks over the last 11 then I wasn't expecting him to come out and dominate. Add to that his knee more than likely isn't 100% yet I would imagine(hoping) they were looking after him and giving him limited time on the field.

He got through the game which for me is the main thing and I'm very happy for him.

I thought most would have dropped off Dave now that saints had such a massive win. Saints don't still need him now do they.?? :)

Yes we allways need quality players and quality people as well he is a gun and i love that he leaves everything on the park at the end of the game.

saint58
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:I listened to the second half on VFL.com after the Saints game turned out to be a little boring. No disrespect but it was kind of one sided. So I listened to the VFL game and watched the saints and the melbourne,richmond game all at once.

Dave did get the ball from what I heard when he was on the field but obviously coming off his second knee injury and being out for a minumun of nearly9 weeks over the last 11 then I wasn't expecting him to come out and dominate. Add to that his knee more than likely isn't 100% yet I would imagine(hoping) they were looking after him and giving him limited time on the field.

He got through the game which for me is the main thing and I'm very happy for him.

I thought most would have dropped off Dave now that saints had such a massive win. Saints don't still need him now do they.?? :)
We allways need quality players and quality people,i like that you know exactly what you get with him everything he leaves everything on the park.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:No Mooksy, according to Woodrow and Dr. Spaceman, Armo's brother will step in and save the day. Pity some in high places at the saints will determine where he goes next year. If you were to believe some on here, the club is in the habit of negotiating with family members rather than the player and his management.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Extremely silly comments white one!

I'm not saying where Armo will be next year; just making the point that I am yet to see any credible information that links him to the Gold Coast. Sure people have posted such things on forum sites however there appears to be no justification for such comments other than his failure (so far) to cement a senior spot and the fact he hails from QLD (albeit 1,100 kms from the Gold Coast!)

There is a strong suggestion that Armo wants to stay. Whether the Saints want to retain him is another thing altogether and I would suggest very few people indeed know the answer to that question.

For what's it worth I hope he stays.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:We'll see. I don't want to lose Armo after the effort that's gone into him. Don't know that I've been in the habit of posting loose rumours on this site. Feel free to post my past "misses". I await with interest.
are you saying that you know something about armitage going to GC that is not a rumour from hear but somone else?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ross rates him a big chance to get a game this week.....

"know Leigh Matthews wrote an insightful article on the AFL website that maybe we could do with the one (genuine) ruckman and share the workload between Koschitzke and Blake. [We could also] bring the extra runner in which would maybe open it up for a (David) Armitage type or Alistair Smith, who’s been quite good in the seconds.â€

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="stinger"]ross rates him a big chance to get a game this week.....

"know Leigh Matthews wrote an insightful article on the AFL website that maybe we could do with the one (genuine) ruckman and share the workload between Koschitzke and Blake. [We could also] bring the extra runner in which would maybe open it up for a (David) Armitage type or Alistair Smith, who’s been quite good in the seconds.â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintbrat"][quote="stinger"]ross rates him a big chance to get a game this week.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Dr Spaceman"][quote="saintbrat"][quote="stinger"]ross rates him a big chance to get a game this week.....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
That's true saintbrat however I've yet to see the Armo to GC, or anywhere else for that matter, story in the media.

It does however get quite a run on this forum from those posters who have "the good mail" :wink:
there are journos now ' giving their idea' of the lists and who has or hasn't signed but as stated - all supposition.
supposedly only 8 named so far- and Armo is on them but I would suggest for the reasons above and not necesarily from any ' FACT"
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 11 Aug 2010 10:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

[quote="stinger"][quote="Dr Spaceman"][quote="saintbrat"][quote="stinger"]ross rates him a big chance to get a game this week.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: think s b is right .....

DWOODROW
Club Player

I hear it is on the radio that Dave is going to GC down there in Melbourne.

Surely if it was 100% true( I love using that qoute) then something would be printed or an article about it. The fact of the matter is, is that we will find out soon. Dave's contract is coming to an end at the end of the season and where he goes( for those interested) will be stated.

For all the people who have the mail and now it as fact.........

You don't know anything. The only people that know are Dave, his manager and Ross.

There is no mail that says Dave will be at Gold Coast. That is the mail.