Leigh MATTHEWS on SAINTS / Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is saving his 3 good games a year for the finals.

You'll see.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Kosi is saving his 3 good games a year for the finals.

You'll see.
Can he use one of them now so we can get there at least

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Time for a deep breath. Now repeat after BAM: "Leigh Matthews article was for PUBLIC consumption" 3 times. Some more deep breaths. Now have a cookie, you've earned it. We all like cookies don't we? Calm? good.

Now.

If Lyon doesn't at this stage know the weaknesses in his own gameplan, he should resign (note: not calling for his head, he knows...), the media is not the place to find answers. The article was pointing out reasons why the Bombers deconstruct us so well.

The purpose of such an article is to give some idea of what a Metthew Knights does to counter our gameplan and try and give 10% to his guys... but at the end of that, it's still the players.

And the players are where we need to address things right now.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I personally think Kosi's days as a senior player are numbered for a couple of reasons..
he did just sign a two-year contract, though, so i'm not convinced he's going anywhere in the short term.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I personally think Kosi's days as a senior player are numbered for a couple of reasons..

i think he's an ideal second ruckman and a poor substitute for a full forward.

i blame myself, as i was one of the people pushing for him to play forward regularly a few seasons back.

i was wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

i think he's an ideal second ruckman and a poor substitute for a full forward.

i blame myself, as i was one of the people pushing for him to play forward regularly a few seasons back.

i was wrong.
Dont worry I am pretty sure RL had the idea as well even though he probably values your ideas over mine.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Dont worry I am pretty sure RL had the idea as well even though he probably values your ideas over mine.
gimme a break. :lol: you don't have ideas or, if you do, you don't post them. :wink:

you are negative and defensive, like us on friday night.

mate

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dont worry I am pretty sure RL had the idea as well even though he probably values your ideas over mine.
gimme a break. :lol: you don't have ideas or, if you do, you don't post them. :wink:

you are negative and defensive, like us on friday night.

mate
Not me. I post what I think RL based on what he has done previously. When people say put Roo on the wing because there is no way RL will do that based on what I hear him say in the media. I never comment on how the forward line will be set up unless a player that hasnt played before is coming into the side. The reason I dont comment is because RL is huge on structure and the forward line is self explanatory. I could say put him there and another person there but it aint going to happen under RL.

saintkid
Club Player

markp wrote:Kosi is saving his 3 good games a year for the finals.

You'll see.
So he can finally add to his last 3 good games in a row back in 2005.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think if Kosi puts in a bit more at training and in the gym he could turn out to be a good player for Sandringham........if we had depth..... :roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

FFS just get Rooey on the wing and spending half his game time OUTSIDE the Forward 50.

Put Milney at Full Forward for the Dome games and use Kosi as a decoy to smash packs and give Milney a clear run at the ball.

Rooey can slide forward from time to time, but not too often so things are mixed up a bit.

This way, we will get drive from Milne, a purpose for Kosi other than a goal kicker, and reliable entries into our Forward 50 from Rooey.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't the only game Roo's ever played on the wing Sydney's first NAB Cup win in 10 years? I remember Lyon saying he would never do it again.

Anyway, Lethal's column is always speculative and thin on detail, so pinch of salt. He claimed the Saints defense had been exploited by the long bomb back when we lost 3 of 4...then we won 7 in a row.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
he did just sign a two-year contract, though, so i'm not convinced he's going anywhere in the short term.
Not the first time we've signed duds to a two year contract and lived to regret it.
Anyone remember Leigh Fisher, now playing out his contract as a rookie at Sandy. The same applied to Brad Howard who saw out his two year contract at Sandy. Now he's actually a real Zebra. Maybe that where Kosi will find his niche.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell