Teams round 17

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Pretty much as expected....reckon Dempster is lucky!

sure is......on the other hand...geary is extremely unlucky.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I think Ross sees Dempster as the replacement for Baker.

Baker is pretty important to our setup imo...

Surprised that Geary got the chop though.

Yep thats the way see it, and I do think pattison is a bit unlucky. But Geary very stiff

I love this club
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Team selection has already cost this team 1 premiership, looks like it's happening all over again. How on earth Dempster gets a game is beyond me. Kosi, McQualter, Dawson and Peake are also very lucky to be playing this week.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Team selection has already cost this team 1 premiership, looks like it's happening all over again. How on earth Dempster gets a game is beyond me. Kosi, McQualter, Dawson and Peake are also very lucky to be playing this week.
Who would you prefer to each of those 5?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Don't understand the surprise at Geary. Has been average at best. McQualter remains lucky. McEvoy/Kosi/Gardi ruck combo will test the Dawks big time you'd reckon. Dempster is Baker-lite. Ha. Bakelite. Brilliant...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The love for dempster continues. I am sorry but I dont get it.
To get love you have to be prepared to give love, Plugger.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Maybe there is a specific 'run with' role identified in the Hawks team that better suits Dempster than Geary?

I cannot forget how well he played on Stevie J in the second half of the Rnd 13 game after Baker was injured.
Do the Hawks have a similar type player in tehir Forward line?

Or maybe he can play a similar role on Hodge?
I understand he will be given a role but our problem is goals and giving people run with roles but not getting the ball doesnt help us kick anymore goals. Sometime you just have to say f*** it and lets attack.
True, let's change our game plan completely, it hasn't worked so far
Did I actually say that. I was talking about having another run with player who doesnt get the ball. That to me is changing our game plan from earlier in the year.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

dcstkfc wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Team selection has already cost this team 1 premiership, looks like it's happening all over again. How on earth Dempster gets a game is beyond me. Kosi, McQualter, Dawson and Peake are also very lucky to be playing this week.
Who would you prefer to each of those 5?
A witches hat for Dempster. Seriously though, Geary definitely for Dempster, Stanley for Kosi and possibly Eddy for McQualter. Peake has shown something and gets another chance and Dawson did well on Buddy last time.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Don't understand the surprise at Geary. Has been average at best. McQualter remains lucky. McEvoy/Kosi/Gardi ruck combo will test the Dawks big time you'd reckon. Dempster is Baker-lite. Ha. Bakelite. Brilliant...
Electrifying

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Maybe there is a specific 'run with' role identified in the Hawks team that better suits Dempster than Geary?

I cannot forget how well he played on Stevie J in the second half of the Rnd 13 game after Baker was injured.
Do the Hawks have a similar type player in tehir Forward line?

Or maybe he can play a similar role on Hodge?
I'd say Dempster has been preferred due to his height for Franklin, Roughead
If he has to play on either of them then we rooted.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Struggle to understand the antipathy towards Dempster. I would have preferred Geary ahead of him but it has to be said Dempster did his job the three weeks before the Collingwood game.

Semmed everyone was singing his praises after his second half against Geelong. Fickle.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

You have named 5 players...

How about naming their replacements :?:

IMO Peake has been good.

But again name 5 players to replace the ones you have stated

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Strenghth through stupidity should be our new motto.

Kosi the golden child again stays in the side at the expense of Pattison who has played a hell of a lot better than him. Pattison has 3% of the ability of Kosi, yet is still a hell of a lot more productive than this bloke. Says heaps about Justin.

Just a stubborn coach not willing to concede he has made a mistake for the past 12 weeks (excluding his pathetic finals of last year and pre-season).

Not sure of a player who has been carried so blindly and delivered absolutely nothing. Must surely be frustrating for Armitage who has to practically have 10 tackles and 30 touches to hold his spot.
Last edited by RodKeoghsLoveChild on Thu 22 Jul 2010 7:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Dempster & CJ will go to Hodge & Burgoyne in my opinion. Reckon Ross prefers Dempster ahead of Geary for his shut down ability, cant be much else. Did the job on Stevie J in the 2nd half a couple of weeks ago.

I actually reckon Geary has dropped off the last couple of weeks, and dont disagree with the selection

Big Patto, however, is a tad stiff, but it looks like Ross is trying to get his best 22 together for the lead in to the finals and obviously he prefers Mac to Patto and Stanley, which in my opinion is fair enough.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:Strenghth through stupidity should be our new motto.

Kosi the golden child again stays in the side at the expense of Pattison who has played a hell of a lot better than him. Pattison has 3% of the ability of Kosi, yet is still a hell of a lot more productive than this bloke. Says heaps about Justin.

Just a stubborn coach not willing to concede he has made a mistake (for the last 12 weeks).

Not sure of a player who has been carried so blindly and delivering absolutely nothing.
It is hard to name one :?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

35...LEGEND wrote:
saintkid wrote:McQualter is lucky too.
McQ..Kosi..Dempster...all very lucky IMO.
Exactly. They must be playing the best "roles" ever in the history of the VFL/AFL. It's very obvious that their role is not to get a kick.
I imagine Patto would be scratching his head at Kosi keeping his place again, while he gets the chop, after looking far more likely to take a mark in recent games.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:

IMO Peake has been good.

That's why the 5 named are "very lucky". They're lucky that we don't have the depth of Collingwood or Geelong.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
Exactly. They must be playing the best "roles" ever in the history of the VFL/AFL. It's very obvious that their role is not to get a kick.
I imagine Patto would be scratching his head at Kosi keeping his place again, while he gets the chop, after looking far more likely to take a mark in recent games.
Patto would more likely be hoping Ben doesn't do a better job of the second ruckman role.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

IMO Peake has been good.

That's why the 5 named are "very lucky". They're lucky that we don't have the depth of Collingwood or Geelong.
:roll:

So you're saying that Collingwood has a better list than ours...

I would doubt that very much.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:
Patto would more likely be hoping Ben doesn't do a better job of the second ruckman role.
Kosi should think himself very lucky. Pattison has shown much more endeavour inthe forward role than Kosi has all year. Ross will eventually have to give up on number 23, unless something miraculous happens in the next couple of weeks.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

So with Bakes out who plays on Rioli?

Saint4Eva
Club Player

maverick wrote:So with Bakes out who plays on Rioli?
Gram if he plays forward i reckon. Then when into the middle maybe Ray??

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cj will tag hodgey

mini is lucky too i reckon
thought gears may keep his spot and mini would go out for dal

thats still a reasonable side

i dont see dempster in the best 22 but anyhoo

35...LEGEND
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:

IMO Peake has been good.

I know Ross and co would have more of an idea,but I wouldn't have a clue what our depth is like.............you rarely see anything new.

But,that being said, you have to go with what the Boss is doing.............aint done a lot wrong so far.

GO SAINTERS.

nobhead
Club Player

interesting comment who would you have replace those players you mentioned in the side? not many players at sandy pushing for selection ahead of the ones you mentioned imo .also don't think you can go messing with the side too much from week to week . making 4 changes a week aint going to help to much i would have thought.no doubt those players need to lift but we still have time before the finals and unfornutely we have quite a few players comming back from injury who have missed a fair bit of footy this year and its going to take a few games for them to get back into the swing of things eg gram ,roo,dempster.good thing is we have secured a top 4 spot so its not the end of the world if we drop a couple of games .and after the hawks game we have a pretty good run home before the finals .so keep your chin up we will be there again and hopefully we will win it this time round god knows we hve been waiting long enough