Kosi and Schneider both re-sign with Saints :)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa 5
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:But being starved of opportunities and being a Gold Coast boy, GC17 would look mighty handsome to the kid and I doubt the club will be throwing money at him to ward them off.
Despite popular opinion, Armo isn't actually a Gold Coast boy. He played in Brisbane for Morningside but he's actually from central QLD so I'm not sure how much of a carrot the GC would be. He'd have to get on a plane to go home whether it was from the GC or Melbourne.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:But being starved of opportunities and being a Gold Coast boy, GC17 would look mighty handsome to the kid and I doubt the club will be throwing money at him to ward them off.
Despite popular opinion, Armo isn't actually a Gold Coast boy. He played in Brisbane for Morningside but he's actually from central QLD so I'm not sure how much of a carrot the GC would be. He'd have to get on a plane to go home whether it was from the GC or Melbourne.
Mackay from memory??

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I really hope Kosi turns his career around, but as things are going/looking right now, this looks like it may be about as good a re-signing/contract extension as Aaron Hamill's 5 year, mega-money contract, where he was paid about $5000 per kick and hardly played in the last 2-3 years of it.
With the battering Kosi's body (and mind) have taken over the last 6 years, he's looking more like he's 37 rather than 27 and it's very hard to see how he's going to turn his form around.
Gardiner did at the same sort of age, but that was when he finally got a bit of continuity after his injuries. Kosi, on the other hand, has played basically at least 2 straight seasons, so recent injuries don't appear to be causing his form drop-off.
Wayne Carey and Dermott Brereton were both pretty much "finished" at a similar age, from memory (Dermie for sure) and the same may be the case for Kosi, after all he's been through. He's relatively tall, but he's not quick and he's certainly not physically strong, so he doesn't have all that much going for him.
This contract apparently finishes after 2012, but unless he somehow turns things around a huge amount, I sincerely hope Rhys, Tom and Tommy are entrenched in the forward line by then, meaning we may be paying Kosi a very large chunk of cash to go around in the VFL. He's very lucky to be in the senior team right now, so it's hard to see him there in two years. I hope he is, but it will take a massive turnaround, or bad news for Roo, Rhys, or Tommy.
Unless he's played more in the ruck, where he's shown some life this year. That, or being sent to the magoos may be the only things that will re-invigorate him.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Thu 22 Jul 2010 5:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Well what a pointless thread this turned out to be...instead of congratulating the bloke and the fact that Ross still thinks that he has a role to play, we start sniping and just continue to be critical of the guy. The article in the Australian was spot on in my opinion and as a result we dont necessarily rate Kosi as we should.

But well done Kosi and Schnieder!!!!! And CARN THE SAINTS!!!!!!!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Well what a pointless thread this turned out to be...instead of congratulating the bloke and the fact that Ross still thinks that he has a role to play, we start sniping and just continue to be critical of the guy. The article in the Australian was spot on in my opinion and as a result we dont necessarily rate Kosi as we should.

Well said Buckets.

Well that's two of us, although I'm sure there's a few more out there who feel the same way!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Well what a pointless thread this turned out to be...instead of congratulating the bloke and the fact that Ross still thinks that he has a role to play, we start sniping and just continue to be critical of the guy. The article in the Australian was spot on in my opinion and as a result we dont necessarily rate Kosi as we should.

The thread says they re signed. it didnt say only positive comments were allowed. I like Kosi as a person but I think as a player he is struggling at the moment and stated so. if every thread has to be positive then we will not have much to talk about after loses.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: Kosi, on the other hand, has played basically at least 2 straight seasons, so recent injuries aren't causing his form drop-off.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This contract apparently finishes after 2012, but unless he somehow turns things around a huge amount,

it is mentioned that the contract is 'LESS"
it is also mentioned that he did infact have surgery pre season and now recovering from ankle injury.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Supposed to be a positive thread, and it's not like there isn't other multiple threads where people have had ample opportunity to bag him....

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

The thread says they re signed. it didnt say only positive comments were allowed. I like Kosi as a person but I think as a player he is struggling at the moment and stated so. if every thread has to be positive then we will not have much to talk about after loses.
I think we seem to have a snipe more than congratulate however, and to be honest it gets a tad predictable, there are already threads on the first page of the forum bagging him out, why the need to just bring up all the same stuff again? And not having a dig at you Plugger, just some others who take the criticism a tad too far!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Not sure if you're referring to what I said, but I'm certainly not being critical of Kosi. As I've said previously, I love Kosi and believe he'd be busting a gut to do well for the club, as he's extremely selfless, but I'm just not sure he has what it takes any more. He may just be spent. He sure looks like it this year. That's just an honest observation. Something you have to do if you want to progress forward.
It's more saying that the club may have stuffed up by signing him up for 2 more years, on what may still be a pretty substantial contract (that we, as members are paying for, by the way.) It may be up there with the Hamill contract extension, or not getting Cousins, getting Lovett, letting Ball and Goose walk out the door for nothing, or the recent use of our first round draft picks. Our list management department is not necessarily in great form in recent times, although our other re-signings are great news.
As for saying we should be "congratulating the bloke", I get what you mean, but I also doubt very much he'd be reading this, so sending him a letter, or giving him an extra loud cheer next time he does something on the field would probably be a better way to do that. This is more a place for us to debate the merits of the decision, I would have thought. Which means being honest, not just "positive".

bob__71
Club Player

I think absolutely kick ass news. Kosi and Schnider have been stalwarts in our forward line this year. I have a good feeling Kos will go up a notch come finals time.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote: Kosi, on the other hand, has played basically at least 2 straight seasons, so recent injuries aren't causing his form drop-off.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
This contract apparently finishes after 2012, but unless he somehow turns things around a huge amount,

it is also mentioned that he did infact have surgery pre season and now recovering from ankle injury.
I'm well aware of that, which is why I said it was probably STILL significant. I didn't say it was AS significant, but I get the feeling it's still not "chicken-feed". And where does it say he "did infact have surgery pre season"? I read it in the paper this morning and just re-read the link on here twice and didn't spot that claim. As for the recent injury, I certainly wasn't just referring to just this last game, I'm talking about his whole season, where he's hardly had a kick.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Stephen Theodore wrote:Really, he's played only a handful of serviceable games in the last few years.
11 votes in the Brownlow last year. That's seven games that were more than serviceable.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Really, he's played only a handful of serviceable games in the last few years.
11 votes in the Brownlow last year. That's seven games that were more than serviceable.
In who's opinion? The maggots? They wouldn't know what day it is. They can't even get the adjudication of the rules right. How on earth would they know who the best players were?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
In who's opinion? The maggots? They wouldn't know what day it is. They can't even get the adjudication of the rules right. How on earth would they know who the best players were?
Kosi has been poor this year but he was pretty good in certain games last year and I also think those media and ex player maggots would have given him votes in some games. I suppose they wouldnt know either.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm well aware of that, which is why I said it was probably STILL significant. I didn't say it was AS significant, but I get the feeling it's still not "chicken-feed". And where does it say he "did infact have surgery pre season"? I read it in the paper this morning and just re-read the link on here twice and didn't spot that claim. As for the recent injury, I certainly wasn't just referring to just this last game, I'm talking about his whole season, where he's hardly had a kick.
It's mentioned here....hip surgery in the preseason.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5895296489

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

not happy with Kosi's form, but Ill baqck him and glad he has re signed.

Now please, can we get Stanley signed up? Anyone know his contractual situation? He cant be stoked with another 2 years playing second fiddle to Kosi....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:not happy with Kosi's form, but Ill baqck him and glad he has re signed.

Now please, can we get Stanley signed up? Anyone know his contractual situation? He cant be stoked with another 2 years playing second fiddle to Kosi....
This still confuses me, is he being groomed into a ruckman or a key forward? I was under the impression that McEvoy/Stanley were both learning the ruck at Sandy?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:not happy with Kosi's form, but Ill baqck him and glad he has re signed.

This still confuses me, is he being groomed into a ruckman or a key forward? I was under the impression that McEvoy/Stanley were both learning the ruck at Sandy?
Stanley is not a ruckman, he's more in the Riewoldt mould.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

I believe that to be the case also, just curious what role he plays at Sandy though?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Are you really Greg Denham? That is the most ridiculously pro Kosi thing I've seen in the press in the last five years.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Are you really Greg Denham? That is the most ridiculously pro Kosi thing I've seen in the press in the last five years.
Oh that's right, you prefer articles written by the velvet sledgehammer...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:

I believe that to be the case also, just curious what role he plays at Sandy though?
He plays forward and in the ruck.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote: In who's opinion? The maggots? They wouldn't know what day it is. They can't even get the adjudication of the rules right. How on earth would they know who the best players were?
They don't have an irrational bias against Kosi.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
vacuous space
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote: In who's opinion? The maggots? They wouldn't know what day it is. They can't even get the adjudication of the rules right. How on earth would they know who the best players were?
They don't have an irrational bias against Kosi.
They have an irrational hatred of Adam Schneider.

Yeah nah pleasing positive