Come on, defend that inept rubbish!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Half the side having the flu is the ONLY excuse I can come up with.

Fisher had some really uncharacteristic turnovers.
Lenny was labouring. But busted his arse as usual.

I dont think I have seen us butcher the ball that badly in...in f k n years.

Hesitant.
Pressured.

It wasnt the game plan. We had too many individuals.

Jeez we coughed up the ball so easily. Just so unlike our usual game.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Come on, defend that inept rubbish!!!

BigMart wrote: and we were put to the sword by a better team and HUMILIATED.....and now those ar**holes have sel-belief, they will grow another leg... - good cause history shows when the filth think they are the goods they fall apart

What has changed
We are indoor champions and flat track bullies - what happend against Geelong then ?? what about beating Freo at Subi ?? Luke Ball has again made a mockery of that decision - what decision ? Luke wanted out ... do you think that third round draft pick we turned down was going to help out today ?
Kosi is out of position - what position do you want him to play ? he was playing forward and spent stints in the ruck where eles would you want him to go ??
Goddard was not moved fwd....well???? - what point is it having one of our best ball winners where the ball isnt ? Goddards best possition is following the ball not hemed into a set possition
Zac Dawson is bordering on a joke to afl fwds - its no secret we rely on a team defence on the ammount of ball in collingwoods forward line he was always going to be in trouble , instead of saying how he should be out of the team how bout offering up who should take his place ?
Milne is again faltering on the big stage - wow how original lets hang more crap on the bloke who has carried us in the last 7 weeks for not kicking a bag of goals when the ball was barely sighted in the forward line ..
Gram squibbed - agree 100% Gram will be dissapointed in himself for that
Our defenders are scared to kick the ball fwd - to what ? what point is kicking the ball forward if there is nothing to kick to ? i understand you might not see it on the tv as they tend to just show the player in frame but the collingwood players did an excellent job of setting up across our half back meaning there is not forward options ... i know lets just get em to kick it long down the guts :roll: then wonder why it comes straight back in ,then blame Zac cause his player gets the ball :roll:
and our kicking in general is WOEFUL!!!! - 100% agree today our kicking was terrible also our handballing was shocking our marking was pretty poor , our tackling was soft and our goal kicking sucked .... good thing we can improve on those things
Lets hear some excuses please - excuse.... we played poorly collingwood played well no excuses just facts

Fact is
Not good enough- true today we were not good enough , is it time for panic stations ? i dont think so ... should we swing the axe ? i dont think so... can we improve on that ? hell yeah ... does is suck we lost ? you bet.. does it mean anything to our flag ambitions ? maybe but prob not ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yeah you do have to (accept mediocrity) most stk fans do....they make excuses for it...

I think last year we missed a opportunity....as in 2004..as in 1997..and this is our 2005 and 1998....

Today we were exposed as pretenders....understand that...
Yeah we are pretenders :roll:

Cheers BM cheers for your awesome insight

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Today we were exposed as pretenders....understand that...
And the Saints win over Geelong?

Maybe the AFL should call next weeks Richmond and Collingwood game the Grand Final and be done with this season?
Last edited by battye on Sat 17 Jul 2010 6:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Tell me what we have won.....oh, thats right...its what we are GUNNA win...

and Geelong will not win it this year...perhaps not even make it

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We are NOT pretenders.

What a load of defeatist crap.

One out of the box. We are better than that.

Collingwood are not that good.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Even funnier than my melt down was the flogging copped today......and satisfied supporters making some excellent excuses and even finding 'positives' out of a humiliating effort...

did we 'bank 4 points' today

battye
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:We are NOT pretenders.

What a load of defeatist crap.
Absolutely right, that sort of rubbish is letting emotion seriously cloud ones judgement.

Sainterman
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Yeah you do have to (accept mediocrity) most stk fans do....they make excuses for it...

I think last year we missed a opportunity....as in 2004..as in 1997..and this is our 2005 and 1998....

Today we were exposed as pretenders....understand that...
What a reactive tool you are. We had an off day. Go support a side like Richmond if you can't handle it when things don't go right.

We just won 7 in a row...forgotten?? Or was that jut a pretender getting lucky.

Jump off, like a rat.

Pathetic.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

As I said on another thread...go barrack for Collingwood if you're so pissed off with us.

I'm unhappy, but I'm not going to carry on like a child spitting the dummy.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

We are better than that and played poorly today.

Gram ....overweight + slow = unfit

Patto again played a decent game

Roo will only get better

Kosi should play in the ruck more often

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No - I am just frustrated by being teased....we are not that good, today it showed...can that not be said here..

or is bagging a pathetic effort banned...

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Patto a decent game?

Compared to what?

Sainterman
Club Player

BigMart wrote:No - I am just frustrated by being teased....we are not that good, today it showed...can that not be said here..

7 in a row including Geelong at the MCG. You have lost the plot on one bad performance. You have no perspective,

Go settle down and come back when you have your sanity. Nobody wants to read your emotive crap here.

noob
Club Player

compared to the other 12-15 passengers out there on the field

bergsone
SS Life Member

Verdun66 wrote:As I said on another thread...go barrack for Collingwood if you're so pissed off with us.

I'm unhappy, but I'm not going to carry on like a child spitting the dummy.
Spitting the dummy,reckon he has jumped right out the pram

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah...but where does it get us? Teased by who? The players? Am sure they are hurting as much as us.

We were rubbish collectively. Who knows the real reason....sore from last week, flu, not switched on...who knows.

Can't believe we are that bad......what is that...our 6th loss in nearly 40 games.

We'll bounce back.

Can't believe Gram's condition though.....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:No - I am just frustrated by being teased....we are not that good, today it showed...can that not be said here..

teased ?? please explain ??

for the last 7 weeks we have played hard tough possitive footy .. we didnt today ... so is it your belief that todays game is were we are at and the season on a whole has just been a fluke ??? seriously

im annoyed we played poorly but i understand we are 100 times better then what we dished up today

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bozza1980
Club Player

Re: Come on, defend that inept rubbish!!!

BigMart wrote:All the usual suspects, offer up some lame excuses and tell us the positive spin on that garbage...please, i'd like to KNOW!

Put your rose coloured glasses on and tell the world where we are better placed to actually win anything

fact is
we beat Melbourne in a low standard game
played ordinary against an injury riddled Lions

and we were put to the sword by a better team and HUMILIATED.....and now those ar**holes have sel-belief, they will grow another leg...

What has changed
We are indoor champions and flat track bullies
Luke Ball has again made a mockery of that decision
Kosi is out of position
Goddard was not moved fwd....well????
Zac Dawson is bordering on a joke to
afl fwds
Milne is again faltering on the big stage
Gram squibbed
Our defenders are scared to kick the ball fwd

and our kicking in general is WOEFUL!!!!

Lets hear some excuses please

Fact is
Not good enough
You are spot on, we should wind up the club.

We have beaten every other team in the top 5 but we should only focus on the one game we lost.

I can't believe we show our faces in public, I mean some people are actually happy with the direction our club is heading.

Hiow can we, no team has a better win-loss than us since the start of last season and one team does this season.

I don't only want Ross Lyon and our players sacked I want them publicly executed in Linton St.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
battye
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Patto a decent game?

Compared to what?
Decent in that he has exceeded the expectations I am sure many people had for him.

For a start, I didn't think he'd even get a game this year - he's already played three I think. Secondly, he took some really strong marks and did a few things that nobody expected him to do. In that respect, yes he had a decent game. You can only ask players to get the best out of themselves, and on today's effort I'd say he probably has done more than enough to keep his place.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Only because Kosi doesnt deserve his place.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Patto a decent game?

Compared to what?
Compared to Gardiner :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes, lets not be upset by that gentlemen...its OK, we will win when it counts like usual....

funny that no one

I am a passionate saints man, like footy, understand it a bit and have seen us unravel before....we are mentally weak as a club, not ruthless....difference between us and the successful clubs

we accept being close....and cannot even spray pathetic performances

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

We are not that good :shock: ....

Please tell me you are jucking foking

We are 12 and 4 with a percentage over 120% and sitting third on the ladder with a top 4 spot all but wrapped up

Seriously mate get a farking clue .... you are making yourself look like a an absolute fool who as absolutely no idea

I urge you to stop before you completely destroy your supposedly knowledgable reputation

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good teams have achieved something....do tell why we are a good team??

We are the equivalent to the Dogs....who i also consider the same