Jimmy Gwilt moving forward

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benengel14
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:His decision making has definitely improved, and his confidence.
He backs himself now. I reckon he could handball about 50 meters too.
+1
But unfortunately important games often are judged/decided by winning 1:1 contests in the D50. While I'll celebrate as much as the next guy when Raph/Gwilt sets up something up-field. It's just a reminder of how we need these guys in the D50 (instead) and could potentially be exposed by a power forward and in-form 2nd-tier forwards.

kaos theory
Club Player

But unfortunately important games often are judged/decided by winning 1:1 contests in the D50. While I'll celebrate as much as the next guy when Raph/Gwilt sets up something up-field. It's just a reminder of how we need these guys in the D50 (instead) and could potentially be exposed by a power forward and in-form 2nd-tier forwards
What?

Did you see the saints v cats game?

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

2nd half as good as his first was disappointing. The way he's played in recent weeks, that first half had me worried he was crashing back to earth. A couple of years ago, he got run down like the Fev incident, and he looked hesitant from then on.

This time round, he went forward, took contested marks and kicked a more-than-handy goal, and he had me back on the bandwagon.

Very good player.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:2nd half as good as his first was disappointing. The way he's played in recent weeks, that first half had me worried he was crashing back to earth. A couple of years ago, he got run down like the Fev incident, and he looked hesitant from then on.

This time round, he went forward, took contested marks and kicked a more-than-handy goal, and he had me back on the bandwagon.

Very good player.
My first thought when Jimmy was run down was "where the hell were the voices saying he was hot??". Cant have eyes in the back of your head.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:2nd half as good as his first was disappointing. The way he's played in recent weeks, that first half had me worried he was crashing back to earth. A couple of years ago, he got run down like the Fev incident, and he looked hesitant from then on.

Very good player.
My first thought when Jimmy was run down was "where the hell were the voices saying he was hot??". Cant have eyes in the back of your head.
Ditto that.

Still, got to know the setup and situation to an extent. You only get so long to make a decision from there and then you kick to the ruck on the boundary.

You don't worry about an incident like that by itself. Combined with his turnover though, going into halftime he was having a nightmare.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Got noticed by the Coaches in their votes
and by the ABC
St Kilda Saints 11.13 (79) def. Brisbane Lions 10.5 (65) at the Gabba

3 James Gwilt (Saints)

2 Leigh Montagna (Saints)

1 Sam Gilbert (StK)
Leaderboard (after 15 rounds):

1. Dane Swan - 21 votes

2. Michael Barlow (Dockers), Luke Hodge (Hawks) - 16 votes

4. Gary Ablett (Cats) - 14 votes

5. Paul Chapman, Brendon Goddard (Saints) - 13 votes

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Jimmy has cemented a place in the team by being versatile.
true that. and then once cemented he thought he add his own cement by virtue of just being plain f*ckin awesome :lol: :lol:

bozza1980
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Jimmy has cemented a place in the team by being versatile.
true that. and then once cemented he thought he add his own cement by virtue of just being plain f*ckin awesome :lol: :lol:
Very true.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.