Blakey Gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:
wallbanger wrote:Blake might get a week, although his arm and leg both went out in the same direction to tackle, which I think may help him out somewhat, rather than a leg just stuck out in a deliberate tripping motion.

I thought the Gilbert tackle was....well, almost perfect. The outlawing of a spear tackle is because of the danger of head/neck injuries. Black did not land on his head or neck, nor was he in any real danger of doing so. Gilbert cannot possibly get suspended for tackling someone in the manner that he did....

Hang on, my apologies. They are both St Kilda players. Let me reconsider.

Blake 2 weeks, Gilbert 1. That's how stuffed the system is.

You watch, it will happen.

I don't wanna watch :?
I do, but only if it's a Rolex !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Apart from Baker in the last 3 years can anyone come up with stats to show we get picked on more than any other team at the tribunal. Doesnt ring a bell to me ot to RL as well apparently.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Apart from Baker in the last 3 years can anyone come up with stats to show we get picked on more than any other team at the tribunal. Doesnt ring a bell to me ot to RL as well apparently.
We do seem to be front and centre of all the weird, overblown and/or rule changing type incidents...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Apart from Baker in the last 3 years can anyone come up with stats to show we get picked on more than any other team at the tribunal. Doesnt ring a bell to me ot to RL as well apparently.
We do seem to be front and centre of all the weird, overblown and/or rule changing type incidents...
So was Maxwell last year or Stokes with the bump. We remember ours because we follow this club. Id be pretty sure other clubs could name plenty of incidents. Anyway my point stays that our tribunal record has been pretty good for 3 years apart from Bakes who has seemed unlucky at times and very stupid other times.

saintnick12
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
So was Maxwell last year or Stokes with the bump. We remember ours because we follow this club. Id be pretty sure other clubs could name plenty of incidents. Anyway my point stays that our tribunal record has been pretty good for 3 years apart from Bakes who has seemed unlucky at times and very stupid other times.
Hayes, Joey and Fisher have been lucky this year. Its just when we are unlucky...we are really unlucky...and those cases are the ones that people remember.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Yeah. You're probably right. I think the 'unlucky' component is the bit that gives people the s***s. Are some clubs unluckier than others? I'd say us and the Dawks have probably received the rough end of the stick a few times. In this day and age, luck simply should not be part of it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We take more notice of the decisions that go against US. We whinge about the decisions that go against US. We are more aware of decisions that go against US. Stop trying to wreck a good story with facts/stats !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Yeah can't hide or argue the fact that it was a deliberate attempt to trip.

Mind you I saw a lot of other unmanly incidents by Lions players in particular the attention towards Roo.
I could given the opportunity...

He seemed (very awkwardly I might add) be trying to anticipate the direction of his man....his arms went one way, and he had his legs ready to go the other.
agree. from my memory of the incident it looked accidental. Would that be a defence P66?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
SainterK wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Anything in the Gilbert sling tackle?
what i loved about that decision was a little while later one of our players was slung in a tackle (i know he wasn't lifted off the ground like gilbo did however he was still slung !!! ) and of course no free kick !
Not sure Gilbert lifted him off the ground, it was hard to tell, but I think Black might of already had some of the momentum as he was launching himself out of a contest?

Was it similar to Mumfords on Gablett though...even though there is no 'precendent'
Honestly when I saw the replay I thaught it was a great tackle, sure he lifted him off the ground a bit but the player was moving pretty quick and Gilbo put him flat on his back not on his side, head or neck.

If Gilbert goes for that tackle the game is seriously stuffed

BANG BANG
+1
exactly what i thought

savatage
SS Life Member

Looked more reflex like - reprimand or one week would be right.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

2010:
Baker life imprisonment for 4 light taps

2009:
King 4 weeks for a block
Gwilt 2 weeks for allowing an opposition player to run into him
Dawson 2 weeks for a shepherd

2008:
X pummeled into the next week by Trent West off the ball, no suspension

2007:
Baker 20 years hard labour for a block

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
2010:

2009:
King 4 weeks for a block

2008:

2007:
Well there you go.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Joey got a reprimand for tripping twice, Steve Johnson got a reprimand and Fletcher got a week but that was because of a bad record.

Blake should get a reprimand....IF THEY ARE CONSISTENT!

http://readingeggs.com/activate/29ff62d ... 295211bff3

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

IMO Sam Gilbert would be stiff to get any more than a reprimand as there was no injury resulting in the tackle, and Gilbert has a good record.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:The Fletcher like trip on Redden.

Will get 0-3 weeks.

Who knows.
its a reprimand. not weeks. unless he already has carryover points. normally its something like 80 points

the next time though, he will have carry over points

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
2010:

2009:
King 4 weeks for a block

2008:

2007:
Luckily no other club has what they would consider strange suspensions. By the way King and Dawson got the right penality.

wallbanger
Club Player

Baker the only player in history suspended for ATTEMPTING to strike.

Fraser Gehrig went for a stomach love tap that was laughable.

Holy crap, Stewie Loewe got suspended (I think) for shaking the goalpost!

Any crap they can come up with they do - I use to only half believe that this club as a whole was given the rough end of the stick, but after the Baker incidents (Yes, all 3) then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

In addition, people can do what they like to St Kilda players - like throw Lenny into the fence, take out X when he wasn't even looking, punch Matty Maguire in the guts 50m away from the play and still play in a winning GF team...blah, blah, blah.

It's got now to the point where unfortunately we just have to accept it - the system is NOT even for all. Sad but true IMO.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Baker the only player in history suspended for ATTEMPTING to strike.

Any crap they can come up with they do - I use to only half believe that this club as a whole was given the rough end of the stick, but after the Baker incidents (Yes, all 3) then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

In addition, people can do what they like to St Kilda players - like throw Lenny into the fence, take out X when he wasn't even looking, punch Matty Maguire in the guts 50m away from the play and still play in a winning GF team...blah, blah, blah.

It's got now to the point where unfortunately we just have to accept it - the system is NOT even for all. Sad but true IMO.
Archer went for attempting to strike. Was the last player to do so. Loewe got a fine. You remember Saints incidents beause you follow them. Go to another forum and they will have theres to.

Can you just give me one logical reason why our club would be picked on?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

We are the highest profile club with the least connections or clout.

They have made an example of us on many occasions...

King and Dawson may have got what they deserved last year but there were many examples of similar contact that weren't sighted at the time.

Just like this year with Kosi getting weeks a week after Sylvia got his jaw broken with a bump.

And Hille from Essendon this year has got a away with murder.

We might get what we deserve but others don't, thats why IMO we get the rough end of the stick.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:Baker the only player in history suspended for ATTEMPTING to strike.

Loewe didn't get suspended he got fined

Another opportunity awaits!
kalsaint
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:We are the highest profile club with the least connections or clout.

They have made an example of us on many occasions...

King and Dawson may have got what they deserved last year but there were many examples of similar contact that weren't sighted at the time.

Just like this year with Kosi getting weeks a week after Sylvia got his jaw broken with a bump.

And Hille from Essendon this year has got a away with murder.

We might get what we deserve but others don't, thats why IMO we get the rough end of the stick.
This is getting old but I seem to remember Steve Baker getting 2 weeks for kicking Steven Allessio from Essendon when Baker was on the gorund and Allessio was standing on his ankle!

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Talk to the supporters of any team, and you can find those who believe that their team is unfairly treated and targeted come tribunal time, and gets left out in the cold the other way.

So to our conspiracy theorists I will just say this: St Kilda is one of the most fashionable places in Melbourne, please choose your tinfoil hats appropriately. We've got standards to maintain.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

It looked like an attempt to block rather than to trip.

1 Blake's right leg was raised (not swept to trip) and only made contact at knee level.

2 .Also Blake's right arm was simultaneously (and horizontally) extended .. which again supports that he was only trying to block the opponent's body rather than target the legs - that there was no intent to trip... i.e. he used his arm and leg (same side) to block the whole body.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:It looked like an attempt to block rather than to trip.

1 Blake's right leg was raised (not swept to trip) and only made contact at knee level.

2 .Also Blake's right arm was simultaneously (and horizontally) extended .. which again supports that he was only trying to block the opponent's body rather than target the legs - that there was no intent to trip... i.e. he used his arm and leg (same side) to block the whole body.
No question it was reflex. Also no question it was a trip. No semantics about it, it's illegal to trip/block/stick your leg out. No ill intent, but thoroughly against the rules.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
samoht wrote:
No question it was reflex. Also no question it was a trip. No semantics about it, it's illegal to trip/block/stick your leg out. No ill intent, but thoroughly against the rules.
I reckon it's a tad ironic that a "deliberation" process (as in deliberate - where thought and time ,analysing etc..) will be used to adjudicate on a "reflex"(as in unintentional,involuntary flash in the pan) incident.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I simply think contact was incidental to him awkwardly shifting his weight. i'm not convinced at all that he stuck his leg out with a view to impeding anyone.