Danger Game v Lions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. All I can say is, they said we wouldn't beat Geelong either and we did. Also we didn't loose up there last year either :lol:

lose

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread. All I can say is, they said we wouldn't beat Geelong either and we did. Also we didn't loose up there last year either :lol:
we didnt play Brisbane at the Gabba last year :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bozza1980
Club Player

degruch wrote:Well, one thing that may work in our favour with this current team, is that many of the poor performances of the past stemmed from previous Saints teams dropping their heads halfway through the 3rd quarter and letting the Lions kick away...poor mental resolve. If we do repeat this, disappointed won't be the word.

On the negative side, this team caved in to Port like the Saints of old earlier this year. Maybe it's worth a Roo injection into the side?
Just like you, I hope your fears will appear unfounded when the siren goes on Saturday night and another 4 points are banked.

I just feel really confident about the game and see it as a chance for this team to write their own history. It wasn't that long ago that we were certainties to lose on the road, last year we won every game interstate and this year we won twice in Subiaco in 3 weeks.

This group has the right stuff and Saturday night is another chance for another hoodoo to be put to rest.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
StSteven
Club Player

It is a danger game. The biggest danger is that we become complacent next week after our thrashing of Brisbane!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
we didnt play Brisbane at the Gabba last year :)
I think that was the point of the post Dools. ;)

Hence the :lol:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

my gut feeling here is that we will put in a disappointing performance that will put the focus on whether or not we're too reliant on Riewoldt who will do 2 or 3 nice things at a crucial time but will be otherwise ineffective

bozza1980
Club Player

Ok, half time now, I've changed my mind, definite danger game s/?t!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Remember what we did to Melbourne in the last quarter, tire them out, then go for the kill....

GO SAINTS!

bozza1980
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Remember what we did to Melbourne in the last quarter, tire them out, then go for the kill....

GO SAINTS!
True!

Should never have doubted them, that's 2 wins from our last 3 trips to the gabba and 4 wins from our last 5 trips to the sunshine state!!

Never in doubt!!

Go Saints!!!

Great to hear the song blasting out at the gabba, didn't play it last time or back in 91!