Club not appealing. Statement just released

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Solar wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
samoht wrote:The club is saying .. (reading between the lines)

Sorry Bakes we tried .. but
" The team is bigger than the individual"

"Prevention is better than cure - and the lesson to all of our other players is clear no more silly and unnecessary reports from behind play incidents - that's not what Saints or team footy is about ".

" Let's be professional and learn from this and move forward".
Your point is not correct and the message is very unclear because how can you learn anything when there are rules for some and rules for others.

Very hard to kick a goal when the posts keep moving
Agreed, would totally support this move from the club if Baker had actually struck with force or worked outside of the rules that everyone else is working in.... but they haven't.
there was definite contact and sufficient force there we all agreed on that one to the chin - the rest just added to it but had to be looked at separately - plus there's accumulation points that's how the system is set up for everyone.

but the question needs to be asked why did he strike behind the play and tempt fate in the first place ?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:I'd say they've decided that on the balance of probablities the distraction wasn't worth it and they'd rather get revenge by winning a flag.
i'd say you have read the situation correctly. it's us against them rest of the world from now until the job is done.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone considered Baker himself would probably have had a fair say in this decision??

Roll the dice and maybe miss a shot at a GF, or take the hit and be available for the finals... what would he choose?... what would you?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

markinUSA wrote:I kinda look at it differently.
I think the club will be as angry as a lot of us... but they don't want to go down the path some of us would like.
I am sure they would be totally aware of the inconsistencies of the MRP, and the inability of people who are cited to use precedent is a barrier for everyone. If we'd been able to use precedent, like you can in court cases, we could have used Jack Riewoldt's similar actions as a precedent for getting Baker off. That is something I am sure the club, or the players association, will take up over the long term.
The other thing is this - he is out, but not for the finals... I think they are looking at that side of the picture. He will be back, and his form against Geelong is so good... the club will be looking at match-ups for the finals and thinking about how to run him into fitness for that. Make no mistake, the GF would have scarred them even more than us, and everything, everything this year is about that big picture and redemption. So, they will grimace and think... right, he will be back for the finals... time for another teammate to stand up (teams, not individuals, win flags)... and then the steely faced determination hardens even more. And Baker returns for the finals. And everyone in the inner circle keeps their eyes on the prize.
Agree, I can assure you they are totally furious about this. But the right decision has been made. Come September, you will be glad. Go Saints

Qld Saints Supporter Group