Our Admin are gutless

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThePunter
Club Player

They run the game. They make the rules.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:People need to just suck it up, I'm afraid.

This is not a democracy! The AFL is more like the mafia, AD is the Godfather... and we are just one of many (not so powerful) families.

Bakes got out of line one time too many, and was whacked by the big bosses as an example to others... we can either seek retribution and create a rod for our own backs, or we can get on with business and try to work our way up the totem pole.

If you expect 'fair', you're screwed.

Flags=money=power.
That's why I opted out a few years ago.

Once it became as you described above, and no longer a competition, it just wasn't for me. If I wanted entertainment that was choreographed for ratings and money revenue, I'd watch the wrestling or go and see a movie - at least they have happy endings.

The only thing that has left me any interest whatsoever, has been the Saints. Nowhere what it used to be like, but an interest nonetheless.
Maybe try horse racing?
I love horse racing.

Horse racing and MMA are the only sports that really get me excited.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

This is not a democracy! The AFL is more like the mafia, AD is the Godfather... and we are just one of many (not so powerful) families.

Bakes got out of line one time too many, and was whacked by the big bosses as an example to others... we can either seek retribution and create a rod for our own backs, or we can get on with business and try to work our way up the totem pole.

Flags=money=power.

Once it became as you described above, and no longer a competition, it just wasn't for me. If I wanted entertainment that was choreographed for ratings and money revenue, I'd watch the wrestling or go and see a movie - at least they have happy endings.

The only thing that has left me any interest whatsoever, has been the Saints. Nowhere what it used to be like, but an interest nonetheless.
Maybe try horse racing?

Cant fault what Rogerfox is saying, with this rubbish its onle the fact that its the Saints that keeps me interested at times,

I love this club
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Stop calling the club weak and gutless. This is the club we love, don't be like Collingwood supporters and turn on your own. They have to do the best for the club long term. Think big picture, have faith.

Always remember STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY

Qld Saints Supporter Group
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Flags=money=power.

When was it ever fair?

When the scum and co were buying players and flags?

It's still a game, you just have to play it well on and off the field to win.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
It's still a game, you just have to play it well on and off the field to win.
See that's where it's lost the plot.

Playing it well doesn't matter. Being the best team doesn't win you the flag.

It's like having to gob your boss off to get a promotion as opposed to getting it on it's merits.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:It's like having to gob your boss off to get a promotion as opposed to getting it on it's merits.
You need to do both... always have and always will.

But if you're making him more money than anyone else, you wont be called upon to kneel quite so often.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If I think about it without rose coloured glasses on, I am not sure he was made an example of.

Two things really nailed him...

Most of his contact was to the Steve Johnson's face, which is actually most unusual for Bakes.

He had a bad record, though initially angry, I think we all would of copped the suspension handed out had it not increased significantly as a result of this.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Stop calling the club weak and gutless. This is the club we love, don't be like Collingwood supporters and turn on your own. They have to do the best for the club long term. Think big picture, have faith.

Always remember STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY
Proven to be weak and gutless on a number of occasions.

You say STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

Well seems the club want s it from us but wont go into bat for one of its players.

Pathetic and gutless.

As for Nettlefold not answering emails, well Archie Frasier would answe queries (i got a reply at 10.30 at night) and it was long and not a template email. Seems as though this admin is just full of AFL yes men.

This admin wont protect our players from vindictive and incompetent AFL directives.

I would not blame the likes of Kosi and Armo getting out and going to the Gold Coast.

Who would want to stay at a club that abandons its players?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

I understand you're disappointed Joffa but the bigger picture is still a flag. FWIW I don't really care whether Steven Baker or any other specific player plays in a premiership side; I most definitely DO care that the St Kilda FC are premiers this (and hopefully more in the future) year.

The club is bigger than any individual, and there's no point throwing good money after bad. Time to cut our losses.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How do we know they 'abandoned' him though, because his suspensions still stand?

Given the statement from the club, I'd say Nettlefold is very busy at the moment...trying to seek advice and do all he can for Bakes right now.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:It's like having to gob your boss off to get a promotion as opposed to getting it on it's merits.

But if you're making him more money than anyone else, you wont be called upon to kneel quite so often.
That's not what footy is to me.

Obviously some people are cool with it, which is fine. Each to their own.

But the Saints winning an AFL flag because they gobbed off the boss wouldn't make me happy and feel 'proud' of the club.

The sad thing is, that's what has to happen. It's not about the footy anymore - it's about all the other shiit that goes on.

supersaints
Club Player

That Character Nettlefold, played about 43 games for the saints.. he probably knows a bit more than you. He is a decent bloke. Sad truth is, if we stand up then Dimwit will screw the club even more..
remember words in the sky,Sirengate,Bakes previuos suspensions
Just wait
This years final umpiring
Next years draft.....
Compensation for players who go to GC and Western Sidney

etc,etc,etc
Its sad but true you cant beat city hall

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If I think about it without rose coloured glasses on, I am not sure he was made an example of.

Most of his contact was to the Steve Johnson's face, which is actually most unusual for Bakes.

He had a bad record, though initially angry, I think we all would of copped the suspension handed out had it not increased significantly as a result of this.
Two words...

Chris. Judd.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:That Character Nettlefold, played about 43 games for the saints.. he probably knows a bit more than you. He is a decent bloke. Sad truth is, if we stand up then Dimwit will screw the club even more..
remember words in the sky,Sirengate,Bakes previuos suspensions
Just wait
This years final umpiring
Next years draft.....
Compensation for players who go to GC and Western Sidney

etc,etc,etc
Its sad but true you cant beat city hall
"it's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees"

degruch
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:If I think about it without rose coloured glasses on, I am not sure he was made an example of.

Two words...

Chris. Judd.
...and for the 4th; Jack. Riewoldt.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Guys, you might not agree with the time, but Baker certainly did the crime.

What on earth has the fact he crossed the line, got to do with St Kilda being compromised?

They appealed, there was even more high definition vision of Johnson hitting Steve Johnson in the face at the tribunal, was he supposed to deny it?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Guys, you might not agree with the time, but Baker certainly did the crime.

What on earth has the fact he crossed the line, got to do with St Kilda being compromised?

They appealed, there was even more high definition vision of Johnson hitting Steve Johnson in the face at the tribunal, was he supposed to deny it?
Because other players have done the same 'crime' and have been cleared because the exact same people that hung Baker, declared their acts not to be crimes at all.

Why did Baker do the crime, if when other blokes do it, it isn't a crime?

That's why this is just so freakin' outrageous.

And secondly, most people are outraged by the time. That's the biggst issue. He copped 12 for ****'s sake!!!

Other guys got cleared for the same stuff - and got 12!!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:Guys, you might not agree with the time, but Baker certainly did the crime.

Because other players have done the same 'crime' and have been cleared because the exact same people that hung Baker, declared their acts not to be crimes at all.

Why did Baker do the crime, if when other blokes do it, it isn't a crime?

That's why this is just so freakin' outrageous.

And secondly, most people are outraged by the time. That's the biggst issue. He copped 12 for ****'s sake!!!

Other guys got cleared for the same stuff - and got 12!!!
And our club is incapable of defending him.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:

But the Saints winning an AFL flag because they gobbed off the boss wouldn't make me happy and feel 'proud' of the club.

The sad thing is, that's what has to happen. It's not about the footy anymore - it's about all the other shiit that goes on.
That's not why or how we'll win a flag... it's just part of the game we have to play to get a chance.

Like I asked before, when was it ever 'fair'?

If we want the flag, we have to take it... in more ways then one!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote: The club is bigger than any individual, and there's no point throwing good money after bad. Time to cut our losses.
Completely disagree.

It goes to the heart of the culture of our club.

Baker has been hung out to dry by the admin because they haven't the ball or courage or integrity to stand up for what is right - i.e. stand up for the integrity and character of Steven Baker.

But apparently they are just too scared. they are cowed by the vindictiveness and small mindedness of the AFL.

Sometimes you have to make a stand, but theses people are too timmid and have no courage.

How must our playing list feel at the moment. They have seen a ten year player humiliated and vilified, and insulted, made an example of and defamed, but just sit on their hands.

Who in our playing group will they EVER defend.

I would not blame any player for leaving this rabble of a gutless club.

I am beginning to have more understanding why Ball left. Bet his new club wouldn't allow one of their own to be humiliated and insulted the way ours have allowed Baker to be kicked.

Absolutely disgusted by this pathetic clubs response.

Fkn gutless wimps.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Two words...

Chris. Judd.
Sure, he got off....but that should be more concerning to Steve Johnson, not Steven Baker.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I agree with rodgerfox.

Its the fact that the crimes he is getting punished for others havent been.

Its infuriating :x

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
markp wrote:

That's not why or how we'll win a flag... it's just part of the game we have to play to get a chance.

Like I asked before, when was it ever 'fair'?

If we want the flag, we have to take it... in more ways then one!
No, wrong. You can't take a flag.

You don't win flags by being the best football team. Even when Carlton and the likes were buying players, they still needed to be the best team to win the flag.

Ask Collingwood how it feels to be beaten twice in a row by a club that gets to keep an extra champion footballer because the AFL gives them $400k in their cap more than everyone - because they want to make money in Queensland.

Ask West Coast how it feels to lose a flag by a kick because the AFL allow Barry Hall to play in the GF because they needed to orchestrate success in NSW.

Good competitions don't have to be fair. Any club could buy players back in the day. Their was no choreographed and tweaked results in order to generate money from certain states.

It's not about it being fair. It's about it being uncompromised and rigged.

It's about it now being about the AFL - and not the clubs. The whole business is based on the AFL organisation making money.

When we talk about the analogy of gobbing the boss off to get ahead in the workplace - the difference is that the AFL should not be about the boss getting what he/she wants.

It should be about the clubs.

The concept of keeping the 'boss happy' to be a chance of winning a flag is just completely and utterly not what I'm about as a sports fan.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Baker has been hung out to dry by the admin because they haven't the ball or courage or integrity to stand up for what is right - i.e. stand up for the integrity and character of Steven Baker.
Completely disagree. He did the crime. Completely excessive penalty? Yes, but penalty was warranted. And frankly, it was a pretty stupid effort, given the number of cameras and his prior penalties as baggage.
joffaboy wrote:Who in our playing group will they EVER defend.
Perhaps someone innocent of the crime? The only shot they had was overturning the hand-slap. And IMO the MRP got that wrong. But they gave it a crack, and infortunately lost. So it goes.
joffaboy wrote:Fkn gutless wimps.
Now that's OTT ... :roll: