"Unmanly"...what a disgrace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Bakes copped that elbow to the face, got stitched up and came straight back for more. As mentioned earlier in this debacle he's exactly the guy you'd want fighting next to you in the trenches if a war broke out. Tough as nails, for that silver-haired nancy to call him unmanly is an absolute disgrace. Hope they run into each other one dark night a few years from now...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Bakes copped that elbow to the face, got stitched up and came straight back for more. As mentioned earlier in this debacle he's exactly the guy you'd want fighting next to you in the trenches if a war broke out. Tough as nails, for that silver-haired nancy to call him unmanly is an absolute disgrace. Hope they run into each other one dark night a few years from now...
The thing about this...Despite all the bleating of opposition clubs, EVERY club has a Stevie Baker of sorts on it's list but they ALL wish they had the real one in their 22.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Bakes copped that elbow to the face, got stitched up and came straight back for more. As mentioned earlier in this debacle he's exactly the guy you'd want fighting next to you in the trenches if a war broke out. Tough as nails, for that silver-haired nancy to call him unmanly is an absolute disgrace. Hope they run into each other one dark night a few years from now...
In fact Bake spent half the 2nd and most of the 3rd quarter off the ground with concussion and then was moved to the forward line due to the injury.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bendigo bob
Club Player

Will have to watch the replay again but did Bakes receive any frees for head high tackles after he came back onto the ground? If the answer is yes then surely the Geelong player would have to be reported for attemting to harm an injured player. Will this also be the case when any player comes back onto the ground with a bandage around their head? What about players who have tape on their shoulders or any other part of their body?? This decision and ruling is a complete farce.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
older saint
SS Life Member

This clearly shows to me the AFL contacted him and said "Make sure this sticks"

Great PR for them they distance themselves from the MRP ( who they created and control the appointment of - but do not influence?), they get a statement made for all the mums etc who do not like the unsociable style of football, and they have a great patsie in Steven Baker - tagger , bad record , not liked outside his club . Perfect for Andrew "the dinner" Demetriou and his own version of Smithers Adrian "lap dog" Anderson.

Must remember he IS a lawyer and the only difference between lawyers and lab rats is there are some things even a lab rat won't do.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Satements by Mr Tinney were
"Written and authorised by A Demetriou for the AFL".

Written and authorised by a bloke who paid $680 to see George Michael.

I rest my case.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Written and authorised by a bloke who paid $680 to see George Michael.
What a waste of money!

Especially considering George Michael charged nothing for his 1998 LA Toilet performance. :D

The again, that performance was most "unmanly" :wink:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Of course it's un-manly.

They are a team in the NRL. :wink:

We are St Kilda are play Saints Footy.

Manly Sea Eagles can do what they like, Bomber, which by the way is a very un-Geelong nickname :lol:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

What you have to remember about lawyers in general is that they are for hire to anyone who pays to engage them. They will argue a case according to who their client is, not according to the facts or any objective morality. They are whores. I rank them below prostitutes, because at least prostitutes know, and acknowledge what they are. The lawyer will simply argue what is in his/her's clients interests. Tomorrow Tinney could be hired by St.Kilda to defend Baker, and he would do so with vigour. Go figure. They are overpaid, overrated and a blight on the community. As Shakespeare famously wrote,"Come the revolution, kill all the lawyers first." I wonder what the "courageous" Tinney would say to Baker if they met on a football field or in a dark alley. Not too much, I'd suggest. Absolute filth. Don't worry about him.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Now now, it would have been more manly to knock someone out hall vs staker style than give your opponent some chin music that doesn't even register as low impact. Less of a suspension and your opponent is off the ground. A pretty clear message has been sent by the AFL.

SaintWal
Club Player

Thinking about this last night SB and I wonder when a player or the AFLPA will take one of these cases to court.

It Will happen I am sure.

saintbrat wrote:restraint of trade?
work place bullying?
personal damages?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:Thinking about this last night SB and I wonder when a player or the AFLPA will take one of these cases to court.

It Will happen I am sure.
saintbrat wrote:restraint of trade?
work place bullying?
personal damages?
I'm sure if it was black and white No 12 it may hold a hope of being taken further.....

all they would comment on today was the name calling..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107