Stand up and fight Stkilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:we got screwed ... and Baker was the willing nut again.

St Kilda is famous for shooting itself in the foot .. this is extreme but it's still self inflicted.
you can't be seriously blaming the club!!???

wow, :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
backit
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
backit wrote:It would only take a good QC to show the precedents that the AFL MRP has made this year with numerous decisions and indecisions in regards to what the
I am thinking they can;t use precedence untill it gets to the appeal against tribunal
first step is Tribunal- tues
then oif that fails Appeal process.
True, I'm only talking about the possibility of taking this to court, I do not pin much hope on the tribunal or the appeal process both are part of the AFL.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
backit wrote:It would only take a good QC to show the precedents that the AFL MRP has made this year with numerous decisions and indecisions in regards to what the
I am thinking they can;t use precedence untill it gets to the appeal against tribunal
first step is Tribunal- tues
then oif that fails Appeal process.
True, I'm only talking about the possibility of taking this to court, I do not pin much hope on the tribunal or the appeal process both are part of the AFL.
agreed, no way will they do anything at the tribunal, the AFL have spoken....

needs to go to court, then we can use all the precendents to show that there was a miscarriage of justice....

FQF
In richo I trust

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

why were 3 of the 4 the incidents assessed as high contact?

btw does anoyone know if any of the appeals have been successfull ever under this new tribunal system?

I mean most of what I saw was happens 100 times during a game, could the saints highlight this?
Last edited by ausfatcat on Mon 28 Jun 2010 7:14pm, edited 2 times in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Solar wrote:

St Kilda is famous for shooting itself in the foot .. this is extreme but it's still self inflicted.

Baker should at least have been taken off and spoken to.

We have been our own worst enemies on plenty of occasions.

saint tezza
Club Player

If the people trusted with running our club dont take this as far as they can ( if that be the supreme court and restraint of trade , miscarriage of justice so be it ) ect then that is just as great a miscarriage as the tribunal itself.

And all those people out there saying its stkildas fault go and follow netball or something .

I hope we hit Geelong even harder next time we play them.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
Solar wrote:

c'mon, do you actually watch the game? Every week players do this, especially when they are injured.

FQF
In richo I trust

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:
Solar wrote:

Who rattled your chain? Crawl back in your hole buddy!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Baker knows how the tribunal treats him , there's history there ... and yet he risks fronting it.

So the penalty is excessive (as usual) .. but it's still self inflicted.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Baker knows how the tribunal treats him , there's history there ... and yet he risks fronting it.

So the penalty is excessive (as usual) .. but it's still self inflicted.
Glad your fine that there are two set of rules out there....

I personally like fair sporting events... each to their own

FQF
In richo I trust

degruch
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Baker should at least have been taken off and spoken to.
He was. I believe the training staff said "Can you tell me what day of the week it is", "How many fingers am I holding up", etc.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

How many threads do you want to repeat yourself in? As I stated previously, crawl back into the hole that you had the misfortune to come out of.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Let me point out that I have been excessively vocal about not liking Baker punching Johnsons hand, and was prepared for him to cop his fair whack.

This being said, the suspension is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard.

Baker's 4 charges I assume have been individually deemed at 3 weeks each?

Johnsons 2 charges I assume have been individually deemed at 1.5 to 2 weeks each?

Who busted who open again?
Exactly right. You should email this to Demetriou on the email addresses indicated on the Baker Screwed thread.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Let me point out that I have been excessively vocal about not liking Baker punching Johnsons hand, and was prepared for him to cop his fair whack.

This being said, the suspension is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard.

Baker's 4 charges I assume have been individually deemed at 3 weeks each?

Johnsons 2 charges I assume have been individually deemed at 1.5 to 2 weeks each?

Who busted who open again?
Exactly right. You should email this to Demetriou on the email addresses indicated on the Baker Screwed thread.

wallbanger
Club Player

This is an absolute f@#king disgrace - the worst in a HUGE list of terrible and blatantly unfair decisions that have been unjustly perpertrated against our club.

This MUST be taken further or I for one will lose complete faith in the club and everything that they tell us they stand for.

It is time for them to stand up or else they can shut up. I am sick to death of this club, it's players and it's supporters being treated like the red-headed step-sons of the AFL.

It's about time those who run the club grow some cohunas and fight back. I am ashamed to say I have been such a passionate and dedicated follower of a game that is so clearly and obviously biased and straight out cheating in the mannner in which it is presiding over the competition.

Let's just win the Premiership this year so I can tell the AFL to f@#k off and we can all vote with our feet and go and watch a different sport - one that is fair and equitable and treats every partcipant the same way.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:\It is time for them to stand up or else they can shut up. I am sick to death of this club, it's players and it's supporters being treated like the red-headed step-sons of the AFL.
\
This made me laugh :)

FQF
In richo I trust

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Solar ..

It's not fine that there are 2 sets of tribunal rules ... but that's the way it's been with Baker and Baker already knew that.

The tribunal has been consistently hard on him.

I hope we can successfully challenge the penalty of course, but just wish Baker could have avoided all this.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

wallbanger wrote:This is an absolute f@#king disgrace - the worst in a HUGE list of terrible and blatantly unfair decisions that have been unjustly perpertrated against our club.

This MUST be taken further or I for one will lose complete faith in the club and everything that they tell us they stand for.

It is time for them to stand up or else they can shut up. I am sick to death of this club, it's players and it's supporters being treated like the red-headed step-sons of the AFL.

It's about time those who run the club grow some cohunas and fight back. I am ashamed to say I have been such a passionate and dedicated follower of a game that is so clearly and obviously biased and straight out cheating in the mannner in which it is presiding over the competition.

Let's just win the Premiership this year so I can tell the AFL to f@#k off and we can all vote with our feet and go and watch a different sport - one that is fair and equitable and treats every partcipant the same way.
What in the hell do you really expect them to do? Baker is needed for the Grand Final. He plays a crucial shut down role. If they fight the charge, he will go for 14 weeks. Take it to the supreme court, risk distracting the boys on the lead up to the finals.

I would prefer them to accept the charges (unless they are reasonably conviced that they can get him off the charges) and smack the AFL and the Match Review Panel in a statement released at the time of notifying the public that they will be accepting the charges. They can use as much video evidence and precedence as they wish in their own prepared statement. Would be worth whatever the fine the AFL wishes to throw at us.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
backit
Club Player

Solar wrote:
wallbanger wrote:\It is time for them to stand up or else they can shut up. I am sick to death of this club, it's players and it's supporters being treated like the red-headed step-sons of the AFL.
\
This made me laugh :)
I have two red head ranga's as they like to call themselves both with fiery tempers to match their hair colour, maybe we should show the AFL a bit of ranga fire.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Solar ..

It's not fine that there are 2 sets of tribunal rules ... but that's the way it's been with Baker and Baker already knew that.

The tribunal has been consistently hard on him.

I hope we can successfully challenge the penalty of course, but just wish Baker could have avoided all this.
What next? No bumping before the bounce? C'mon he did what lots of other defenders have been doing week in week out......

To blame baker is a joke. Should have got 4 weeks as a maximum... anyone who disagrees is either corrupt or needs their head read.

Go crawl back into your hole

FQF
In richo I trust

samoht
Saintsational Legend

I will .. it's nice and cozy in there, don't get jealous :wink:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:I will .. it's nice and cozy in there, don't get jealous :wink:
As long as it keeps you away from a computer, I don't care where you go.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
wallbanger
Club Player

What do I expect them to do?

Just accpet it....yeah...just like we always have, bend over and take it like usual.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I couldn't give a stuff how long or how expensive it is - fight it as far and as high as we can.

And before anyone craps on about "de-railing" the club - are you serious? If this club hasn't been de-railed by 2010 (and it hasn't) then fighting this can only make it stronger and more determined, and send a message to the players that the board and the supporters are right behind them.

Please do not preach that the club lie down AGAIN....yea, let's issue a statement telling everyone how annoyed we are. That'll show 'em.

If we accpet the ban, in my mind, Baker would almost be out of GF contention anyway, being out of the game for that long.

Fight it all the way - there is no other option!

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
markmark
Club Player

This is completly Discrimination under the law of Australia " Bring on the court"

Bring it on
samoht
Saintsational Legend

You can be upset with the tribunal .. but you can also be upset with Baker - he's an important player and he knows what happens when he goes to the tribunal.