The MRP will have a lot to answer for

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint vince
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
St Michele wrote:
SainterK wrote:I personally didn't like Baker hitting Johnsons hand, and I didn't like Fisher attempting to bump Bartel while going off in the hands of the trainers.
I agree I hated seeing what Brisbane did to Roo and knowing his hand was injured Bakes probably pushed the buttons a bit too far.

Missed the other thing though, I just think if someone is injured though they should come off the field...
I personally believe that what Brisbane did to Roo, was the difference between them being a 3-time Premiership team, and them being an 'also ran'.

What Baker and Fisher did on Friday night, and the attitude displayed in doing it, could be the difference between us being a Premiership team or an 'also ran'.
Fisher is a bit different as Bartel was coming off and in the hands of the trainers. I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
St Michele wrote:
SainterK wrote:I personally didn't like Baker hitting Johnsons hand, and I didn't like Fisher attempting to bump Bartel while going off in the hands of the trainers.
I agree I hated seeing what Brisbane did to Roo and knowing his hand was injured Bakes probably pushed the buttons a bit too far.

Missed the other thing though, I just think if someone is injured though they should come off the field...
I personally believe that what Brisbane did to Roo, was the difference between them being a 3-time Premiership team, and them being an 'also ran'.

What Baker and Fisher did on Friday night, and the attitude displayed in doing it, could be the difference between us being a Premiership team or an 'also ran'.
Fisher is a bit different as Bartel was coming off and in the hands of the trainers. I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO
Doesn't matter if he gets 3 weeks for it - it's the attitude that our guys are showing that's important.

We are showing that we will do whatever it takes to win.

That's the key ingredient to success in this caper.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
St Michele wrote:

Agreed.

**** em all.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

saint vince wrote: I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO
Do you post on BigFooty? You should.

I didn't see it but he should get a week is pretty standard fare over there.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
matrix
Saintsational Legend

There is an AFL ruling which stipulates players who make ''unreasonable and unnecessary'' contact with injured rivals can be charged with misconduct.

If cited, Johnson already has 93.75 carry-over points and could face a suspension of three to four weeks.

Baker would have a 50 per cent loading on any penalty because of a seven-match suspension for a behind-the-play incident on former Fremantle player Jeff Farmer in 2007.

Mooney is expected to be cited for striking Jason Blake. He faces a 20 per cent loading as he has been suspended twice in the past three years.

thats the link in brattys post on 'vote for jimmy'

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:There is an AFL ruling which stipulates players who make ''unreasonable and unnecessary'' contact with injured rivals can be charged with misconduct.

If cited, Johnson already has 93.75 carry-over points and could face a suspension of three to four weeks.

Baker would have a 50 per cent loading on any penalty because of a seven-match suspension for a behind-the-play incident on former Fremantle player Jeff Farmer in 2007.

Mooney is expected to be cited for striking Jason Blake. He faces a 20 per cent loading as he has been suspended twice in the past three years.

So Fisher fine/points downgrade early plea, SJ a month, Baker 1 for rough conduct, Mooney 2 for a strike?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:There is an AFL ruling which stipulates players who make ''unreasonable and unnecessary'' contact with injured rivals can be charged with misconduct.

Surely if Johnson stays on the ground, and continues to contest the footy - then he can't be considered 'off limits'.

Surely.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Agree RF, but I think the first bit refers to Fisher's bump on Bartel as he was being helped from the field.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno Thinline

gawd knows whatll happen
consistent rulings arent exactly consistent at the mrp lol

IcanKickit
Club Player

Agreed.

**** em all.

I agree with that message.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Agree RF, but I think the first bit refers to Fisher's bump on Bartel as he was being helped from the field.
Yeah, although it was so minimal that I'd be surprised and really disappointed if anything was to come from Fisher's.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah it was about fisher....not sj's sore handsy wandsy

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:Didn't Headland get off after whacking Selwood because Selwood provoked him by saying he'd shagged Headland's 8 yo daughter?
Yeah I think he might have

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:Agree RF, but I think the first bit refers to Fisher's bump on Bartel as he was being helped from the field.
Yeah, although it was so minimal that I'd be surprised and really disappointed if anything was to come from Fisher's.
Fisher's about as fair as they come, so wouldn't be surprised if they let it slide to be honest.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:Didn't Headland get off after whacking Selwood because Selwood provoked him by saying he'd shagged Headland's 8 yo daughter?

saint vince
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
saint vince wrote: I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO
Do you post on BigFooty? You should.

I didn't see it but he should get a week is pretty standard fare over there.
I said I haven't see that incident but IMO if you make contact with someone who is coming off the ground with trainers and is clearly injured you should be cited and recieve at least one week.

I am sorry for having an opinion on something in a general sense and not exactly see what happened.

I didn't see Barry Halls's hit on Staker for about 4 days but what I had heard i knew he should have been suspended.

I didn't see any of the gangland killings but I rekon they should go to jail.

Believe it or not not everything is in what you see.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
I said I haven't see that incident but IMO if you make contact with someone who is coming off the ground with trainers and is clearly injured you should be cited and recieve at least one week.

I am sorry for having an opinion on something in a general sense and not exactly see what happened.

I didn't see Barry Halls's hit on Staker for about 4 days but what I had heard i knew he should have been suspended.

Guilty until proven innocent right?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I didn't see Barry Halls's hit on Staker for about 4 days but what I had heard i knew he should have been suspended
So you determined his guilt on hearsay?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint vince
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
saint vince wrote:

Guilty until proven innocent right?
No but if you punchsomeone you should be suspended.
If you kick some one same thing
IMO if you make contact with someone as they are coming off injured with trainers you should be suspended.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
No but if you punchsomeone you should be suspended.
If you kick some one same thing
IMO if you make contact with someone as they are coming off injured with trainers you should be suspended.
What was the level of Fisher's contact?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Very minor.

Very minor push.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Very minor.

Very minor push.
I know. I actually saw it.

saint vince
Club Player

[quote="saint vince]
Fisher is a bit different as Bartel was coming off and in the hands of the trainers. I aven't seen it but I rekon any contact in that situation deserves a week. IMO[/quote]

If you go back to my original statement and not distort it I said any contact in that situation deserves a week.

I didn't say Fisher deserves a week I said any contact deserves a week. If Fisher made ANY contact then he deserves to go.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Maybe I missed something at the beginning of the game, but I thought it was Johnson who was being the aggressor even before the bounce. It took a couple of slaps and a fairly descent whack from Johnson before Bakes really fired up.

Knowing the MRP they don't require any video footage to put Bakes away for 10 weeks (sound familiar?). Let's hope it is only 1 week, maximum!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!