SAM GILBERT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThePunter
Club Player

So Armo's going, right?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

As I have already said, I hope Armo stays and I see him as a future star. If I was his brother reading all the dickheads calling him a fringe player that wouldn't matter if he went, I would tell him to go off to the coast. They might actually recognise him for what he is -a future star.

Not many players break through like Selwood or Rich, even guys like Ablett and Bartell, Cooney, Goddard all started slowly before becoming top line players. Give him time and he will be a very good player. Hope he stays at our club for his career.

I would also love to see Leigh Fisher getting around at another AFL club -people forget how good he once was.

ThePunter
Club Player

I'd like him to stay too. Just reading the stuff made me ask the question.

Having said that, Dal, Bally and Lenny were all AA by the end of their fourth season. On the other hand, our only other first round midfielder of the last twelve years (other than Beetham, of who the less said the better) was McQualter, who had been delisted and re-rookied by the end of his fourth season.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Finna wrote:There's a reason other than form that Armo is not getting a game.

Would you put games into a player - at the expense of players who will be with us next year - if he was going to be at another club next year?
Yeah nothing to with his knee injury.
Trying to get a read on your post, but understand if you don't want to elaborate further.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Armitage is a prime GC candidate. PRIME. Ready made in and under hard nut.

And i've not heard him rule it out. Has anyone?

Would be amazed if he stayed. Lyon - rightly or wrongly - clearly doesn't rate him as anything beyond a mudlark, so why not tale the money and run?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Beekay
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:As I have already said, I hope Armo stays and I see him as a future star. If I was his brother reading all the dickheads calling him a fringe player that wouldn't matter if he went, I would tell him to go off to the coast. They might actually recognise him for what he is -a future star.

Not many players break through like Selwood or Rich, even guys like Ablett and Bartell, Cooney, Goddard all started slowly before becoming top line players. Give him time and he will be a very good player. Hope he stays at our club for his career.

I would also love to see Leigh Fisher getting around at another AFL club -people forget how good he once was.
Complete fairyland post.

Finna
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:

Would you put games into a player - at the expense of players who will be with us next year - if he was going to be at another club next year?
So it's his knee is it?

Will you declare he will be at the saints next year?

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
DWOODROW
Club Player

Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

So it's his knee is it?

I'm not declaring s*** to anyone. To be honest I don't care what he does. It's his career and he can do whatever he wants to do with it.
What I meant to say is that he hasn't been picked recently because he has a knee injury, not because of his form.
He hasn't done anything with the saints yet which I put down to inconsistent feedback on his game and not being mentally guided correctly from coaching staff so maybe he should make a move to Darwin and get some games into him there and then try being recruited to play AFL again.
Hopefully Darwin will have a team in the next 10years.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

So it's his knee is it?

I'm not declaring s*** to anyone. To be honest I don't care what he does. It's his career and he can do whatever he wants to do with it.
What I meant to say is that he hasn't been picked recently because he has a knee injury, not because of his form.
He hasn't done anything with the saints yet which I put down to inconsistent feedback on his game and not being mentally guided correctly from coaching staff so maybe he should make a move to Darwin and get some games into him there and then try being recruited to play AFL again.
Inconsistent feedback? Mental guidance?

What's all that meant to mean?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

gram. dal, blake, bakes, kozi, armo

there is an area called saintsweb in here
that bratty keeps going...by herself

#12 Nick Riewoldt (C) = end of 2013 ( Leadership Group) may 2009

#11 Leigh Montagna = end of 2012 ( LG) ( Dec 2009) Saint for life till he's 32
#18 Brendon Goddard = end of 2012 (Dec 2009 ) Saint For Life 9 year he says
#25 Samuel Fisher = end of 2012 ( LG) ( May 2009)

#7 Lenny Hayes (VC) = end of 2011 (vet, LG ) ( March 2008) Saint for life
#19 Sam Gilbert = end of 2011 ( April 2009)

#23 Justin Koschitzke = end of 2010 ( LG)
#26 Nick Dal Santo = end of 2010 ( LG )
#10 Steven Baker = end of 2010 vet
#27 Jason Blake = end of 2010
#20 David Armitage = end of 2010 ( may 2008)
#1 Jason Gram = end of 2010 ( May 2008)

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=58352

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Well I hope Armo stays with us and our other young guys. We have to give them time.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Finna
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

So it's his knee is it?

Not quite sure what that's meant to mean.

This is a very different tune to the one we were hearing from you pre-season and in the first few rounds wouldn't you say.

I never said that it was his form that prevented him from being picked. In fact his form was ok.

We both know there's a lot more to it than form or knees :wink:

Finna
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Well I hope Armo stays with us and our other young guys. We have to give them time.
i hope he does too. But it aint happening.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

So it's his knee is it?

This is a very different tune to the one we were hearing from you pre-season and in the first few rounds wouldn't you say.

I never said that it was his form that prevented him from being picked. In fact his form was ok.

No not really. his knee isn't working properly and he can't play so that is the main reason he;s not getting picked at the moment.
As for my tune from the start of the year, alot of things have happened between then and now. To be honest I havn't spoken to him for a while. I have no idea what his thougts are on his career and as I said it's his career not mine.
I was super excited for him at the start of the year because of where his head was when he was with me for Christmas.
Being an AFL player/Athlete is something I reckon some people would give their left nut to have the opportunity to play. Maybe not all who play feel the same way.
And no you didn't say it was his form but others did.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

2XU one hot minute with Sam Gilbert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsckUe-elnE

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:2XU one hot minute with Sam Gilbert

Good find

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bardon Saint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:2XU one hot minute with Sam Gilbert

Good find
I'm on the 2XU mailing list. They sent their monthly newsletter today. This pic too.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

what a great shot..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Finna wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

So it's his knee is it?

No not really. his knee isn't working properly and he can't play so that is the main reason he;s not getting picked at the moment.
As for my tune from the start of the year, alot of things have happened between then and now. To be honest I havn't spoken to him for a while. I have no idea what his thougts are on his career and as I said it's his career not mine.
I was super excited for him at the start of the year because of where his head was when he was with me for Christmas.
Being an AFL player/Athlete is something I reckon some people would give their left nut to have the opportunity to play. Maybe not all who play feel the same way.
And no you didn't say it was his form but others did.
Dwoodrow appreciate you having the gonads to come on here and share your thoughts with us - I know in your situation that cant akways be easy.

Reading your posts above I cant help but get the feel there is - in your opinion - some confusion between Armo and coaches with what his game is and what they want it to be. I also get the feel that maybe Armo isnt prepared to "give his left nut" to play the game at the highest level (Im like you....Id kill to run out and be able to do what these guys doweekly...) but I can alsi see we havent walked in the spotlight of AFL....must eb enormous pressure on.

Regardless, hope any confusion can be nutted out between coach/player and also hope David gets his head where it needs to be in terms of desire to play - Im sure hes already been told that once hes 35.....its to late to go back and make of the opportunity what you could.

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It's amazing what you hear...i've heard the Gold Coast fan forum have signed plugger66 and he's going after the 2010 finals series...i haven't heard of any counter offers.... :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:It's amazing what you hear...i've heard the Gold Coast fan forum have signed plugger66 and he's going after the 2010 finals series...i haven't heard of any counter offers.... :lol:
Can we create a combo deal.... plugger66 and stinger for a slightly mouldy carrot?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saintsfan
Club Player

Maybe his introduction to parenthood playing on his mind?

I know it would mine.

The Saintsfan Cometh
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Armo would be getting a game if you could actually tell he was on the ground. He would go missing for a large part of games. There is heaps of upside in the lad and I hope he comes good.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.