Milney interview on TFS - FULL Interview Sunday FS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Calais
Club Player

If anyone has some spare time here's lengthy write up on Milney :)
Enjoy - http://truesainters.wordpress.com/2010/ ... g-respect/

Beej
Saintsational Legend

That Vietnamese bloke who started singing into the mic on Street Talk is a total weirdo.

I was in year 7 at the time and I caught a tram home from school a little late, it was dark. He gets off the tram with me and begins following me home walking about 10 metres behind me muttering some crazy talk.

A little freaked out, I broke into a jog and the loon started chasing me, only now he was laughing like a psychopath. The quicker I ran the louder his laugh would get. Luckily I managed to lose him.

As soon as I saw his face I knew exactly who he was - seen him more than once since then.

Absolute nutcase.

sax
Club Player

Beej wrote:That Vietnamese bloke who started singing into the mic on Street Talk is a total weirdo.

I was in year 7 at the time and I caught a tram home from school a little late, it was dark. He gets off the tram with me and begins following me home walking about 10 metres behind me muttering some crazy talk.

A little freaked out, I broke into a jog and the loon started chasing me, only now he was laughing like a psychopath. The quicker I ran the louder his laugh would get. Luckily I managed to lose him.

As soon as I saw his face I knew exactly who he was - seen him more than once since then.

Absolute nutcase.

And this has WHAT to do with the Milne interview? :shock:

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Beej
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Beej wrote:That Vietnamese bloke who started singing into the mic on Street Talk is a total weirdo.

Absolute nutcase.

And this has WHAT to do with the Milne interview? :shock:
Absolutely nothing apart from the fact that it was on the Footy Show, but I'm not about to start a new thread am I?

No need to be a rude **** twat. :roll:

saintnick12
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I'm sure he would of set an agenda if there was any no-go zones.

My only criticism is the poor choice of interviewer...
That and the fact they put him on a chair that rocked, and he kept rocking on it as he is not comfortable being interviewed. They would have seen that in setting up and should have put him on one that didn't rock so easily. Critical I know, but it did make him look very nervous and we all want him to be seen in the best light possible

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rexy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
rexy wrote:Didnt think he did himself any favors, interview was from the heart and I am sure everything said was fair and reasonable but i dont think he should have let Hutchy suck him in to talking about the Malthouse incident specifically. Had the moral high ground, should have left it at that and spoken about the 200th more IMO.

Mentally strong little fella, no doubts there. Pound for pound for what he has extracted from his career he is one of our greats IMO.

Get stuck into em this week Milney.
He showed that Malthouse is a liar and a bigot and cannot stand up for himself. Well done Yapper.
Yeah he did, just dont know if he needed to?

?
I think the TFS set him up to be sensational.

I mean he did an interview to be played on the weekend to celebrate his 200th game and career.....and all the low-life headline chasing Hutchy wants to showcase on THF is the controversial part...along with him being a "pest".

Why not celebrate his football..his glorious goals etc etc..

Not Hutchy has to showcase the crap part..
Seriously if it was any other player you would want to see that part of the interview. They obviously didnt have time to show the whole interview and it will be on their footy show on Sunday.

Milney isnt stupid and would have known what would be picked out before he agreed to the interview. It was interesting but dont blame the person interviewing.

SideshowMilne
Club Player

We learnt a bit about Malthouse with his words, then lies earlier in the year.

I learnt I lot more about Mick now knowing he wasn't man enough to personally call 44 afterwards.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rexy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
rexy wrote:Didnt think he did himself any favors, interview was from the heart and I am sure everything said was fair and reasonable but i dont think he should have let Hutchy suck him in to talking about the Malthouse incident specifically. Had the moral high ground, should have left it at that and spoken about the 200th more IMO.

Mentally strong little fella, no doubts there. Pound for pound for what he has extracted from his career he is one of our greats IMO.

Get stuck into em this week Milney.
He showed that Malthouse is a liar and a bigot and cannot stand up for himself. Well done Yapper.
Yeah he did, just dont know if he needed to?

?
I think the TFS set him up to be sensational.

I mean he did an interview to be played on the weekend to celebrate his 200th game and career.....and all the low-life headline chasing Hutchy wants to showcase on THF is the controversial part...along with him being a "pest".

Why not celebrate his football..his glorious goals etc etc..

Not Hutchy has to showcase the crap part..
Seriously if it was any other player you would want to see that part of the interview. They obviously didnt have time to show the whole interview and it will be on their footy show on Sunday.

Milney isnt stupid and would have known what would be picked out before he agreed to the interview. It was interesting but dont blame the person interviewing.
I agree. The point of an interview is to find out about the person. What I saw was a person who is completely different from what is portrayed on the field. Milney comes across measured and a bit of a thinker. Don't like Hutchy but he's within his rights asking those questions.

Another opportunity awaits!
St Michele
Club Player

Moccha wrote:
I agree. The point of an interview is to find out about the person. What I saw was a person who is completely different from what is portrayed on the field. Milney comes across measured and a bit of a thinker. Don't like Hutchy but he's within his rights asking those questions.
Ues I agree it was very personalised and he came across really well.

I hope some of the people who yell abuse at the footy have a think before they open their mouths Not that it will happen :-)

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

interview is up on
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/afl/footyshow/

Stephen Milne interview Play

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Milney is peeved because he rang who ever it was he called a poof that day and apologised and yet the same courtesy wasnt extended to him.

An email apology is crap, and MM probably didnt even type it up anyway, Eddies PA probably did.

Good on him for letting everyone know I reckon

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Just watched the full interview from Yesterdays show

Good Work Milney - the snippett shown onnfooty showwas the most uncomfortable piece and thus the only piece they could highlight-
expressed himself well and clearly

LOVES THE SAINTS.. will do anything For Ross and Rooey and Lenny.

Kingy was on the TAC stars?

anyone watch?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
stmac35
Club Player

Kingy was on the TAC stars?

anyone watch?
Yeah, didn't say much. They asked him about the Geelong premiership a fair bit, and then his injury, and then Riewoldt's. Said Nick "put [him] to shame" in the rehab.