Gwilt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Loving Gwilt this year - progressing in front of us too.

In the first couple of weeks he was getting found out at times with the ball and his unwillingness to use his right foot. By week 3, he was actually doing so (what's more, I was stunned - he's a good kick on his right too! Just not as long... I wonder if he was as surprised as I was, since I don't think I'd ever seen him do it before.)

Round 10, he snaps a beautiful goal... off his right foot.

Taken him a while, but his spot looks pretty safe for 2010 (touch wood, I predicted Ray to play every game and he was announced as out of the team the same day!)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saint58
Club Player

SainterK wrote:MB pointed out he has chronic asthma, and I am wondering if he has different training loads this year?

Unless anyone can correct me, he doesn't train with the main group at open training sessions anymore?

His best quality is his composure IMO, even on the weekend he was nailed in an opposition tackle, yet still managed to think and handball to a target.
I see a lot of goddard in him he to found it hard to find a position and was even talked about a traded untill he found a poition in the middle.

Gwilt could play in the middle with his booming kick and accuracy at goal with the ability to break tackles he would be invaluable in the middle with goddard down back to replace him.

rexy
SS Life Member

saint58 wrote:
SainterK wrote:MB pointed out he has chronic asthma, and I am wondering if he has different training loads this year?

Unless anyone can correct me, he doesn't train with the main group at open training sessions anymore?

His best quality is his composure IMO, even on the weekend he was nailed in an opposition tackle, yet still managed to think and handball to a target.
I see a lot of goddard in him he to found it hard to find a position and was even talked about a traded untill he found a poition in the middle.

Gwilt could play in the middle with his booming kick and accuracy at goal with the ability to break tackles he would be invaluable in the middle with goddard down back to replace him.
Dont think the club ever talked trading Goddard, maybe a few morons on here who dont watch the game with any real intent?

Maybe this year?
Red
Club Player

He's been great this year. However he's too short to play key position 188cm

compared to other key backmen around who are around the 192 - 194 cm

mark. He's a flanker who can pinch hit in key position.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

This will sound weird but here it goes; he has the most handsome handball.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saint tezza
Club Player

He is doing ok as a backman but still he offers nothing in pack marking contests so as such can be a liability if the ball is bombed in long , relying on holding , and impeding as his major efforts.

Certainly is a penetrating kick , and is starting to use handball as an offensive weapon from defence but I worry when he is isolated one out .

But certainly improving but will only be a good honest toiler , is nothing like BJ who always looked like being an elite player when he found his feet .