Roo will coach St Kilda one day-Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnick12
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Roo has said previously that he has absolutely no interest in coaching and I believe him.
He'll probably be one of those blokes with the potential to be a great coach but will earn mega bucks in the media and save himself the grief and hair loss.
I agree - I think he will end up in the media (if he wants to). Top players like him who speak well will always be highly sought after. He has become a lot more comfortable in the media over the years. Has also been doing a bit more media work since he's been injured. Ross mentioned that in one of his interviews - that he would be doing a bit of "his own" media work rather than always being in the coaches box unless he wanted to. They were being very careful not to over burden him.
I guess he needs to top up his salary for the year in the media as he will not be hitting most of his performance targets this year to get extra bonus payments :wink: Joking.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roo will coach St Kilda one day-Lyon

Milan Faletic wrote:Source: Post Match Press conference

RL was asked "How is the big blonde guy going?"

He said in so many words that he is good and he sat in the box and pulled a few good moves. Then joked about the fact that he will coach St Kilda one day but then actually said it in a more serious tone. Interesting.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/vi ... deoPlayerB
WTF is up with the AFL website

Another opportunity awaits!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:There once was another blonde headed heir apparent who was destined to coach us, but sadly never quite got there.
Yep. No words.
Didn't know that about Justin Plapp.
Not so funny but I'm sure Barks would be happy that were challenging, since he never played in Finals.
Sorry in all honesty I was thinking Ditterich, all a little before my time.

No disrepect to Barks, a club legend gone before his time.

ditterich was a good coach.....but not for us...one of the last playing coaches.......barks was to be our saviour.....would have been too....... :cry: :cry: :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roo will coach St Kilda one day-Lyon

Moccha wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Source: Post Match Press conference

RL was asked "How is the big blonde guy going?"

He said in so many words that he is good and he sat in the box and pulled a few good moves. Then joked about the fact that he will coach St Kilda one day but then actually said it in a more serious tone. Interesting.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/vi ... deoPlayerB
WTF is up with the AFL website

Ye I get that a bit as well, very annoying, the league has come a long way but the website is still pretty 'amateur hour.'

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs