Why you shouldn't mess with the footy gods...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Nice one Saint Vince...totally covered. At least some of us have the intelligence and clarity to resolve these issues in our own minds before spewing them onto cyber space, spares us from an embarrassing rant.

Any more abuse from our troll? (cue crickets chirping).

Grow some balls you pathetic squib.

twirlyhair
Club Player

saint vince wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
degruch wrote:What, no response to SainterK's post twirly? Too unpredicable?

Nothing you've written is revolutionary bud, in fact, the word PREDICTABLE springs to mind immediately.

I smell a troll.
Hmmm the predictability of your ranting continues! No troll here! In fact I would predict t I that ave supported the saints quite a bit longer than many here, and have also given the club alot more money than you are likely to see...and the Stalinist approach taken (have you heard of him little man?...) by many on this site dictates that all Saints supporters must not disagree or question the authority of the powers that be!!! Gutless clueless cowards who accept whatever the club says as gospel. Well, unlike many here, I, and many like me, question the decision making to go for Lovett, question the inability as an organisation to keep Ball, and dispute the respect shown to our greatest full back off all time. Hmm, now how else can you abuse me for questioning and raising an argument!! Come on! Lets see what youv'e got!!!
You want your points addresses here goes.

1. The match commitee picked the best side they thougt we could field. Max unfortunately was not in that side. It is sad but that is the way it is. Did you want them to give him a gae just because he was a respected figure.
2 Ball left because he was told that his spot was not secure and he would need to work on his deficencies (in a similar way Dal and Milne were a year earlier) and he walked out on a club that he apparently loved. Who ould have thought that Milne and Dal had more inner resolve and commitment than Ball. It is still one of th biggest shocks I have had in football but hey I guess we don't always know what people are really like.
3 Lovett. Who could have guesed what had happened. We took Gady under worse circumstances than Lovett was in and he worked out fine. In hindsigt of course that was a bad decision.

If you think football is about warm and fuzzy feelings you are in the wrong game. I just want to win a flag ad I could not give a s*** who is playing.
See...now that didn't hurt did it! Thanks for your thoughts!

twirlyhair
Club Player

degruch wrote:Nice one Saint Vince...totally covered. At least some of us have the intelligence and clarity to resolve these issues in our own minds before spewing them onto cyber space, spares us from an embarrassing rant.

Ha ha...nice one Vince! Sounds like the old school days...actually sounds like your still in school? Or maybe should be? Hmm the predictability continues! Once again your lack of appropriate gray matter is exposed as you are unable to respond to the original post. Keep your chin up son. You will one day learn and reflect. XX

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was the first to respond to your post, and asked you your opinion of Lenny Hayes?

Given that you said we had taken our eye of the most precious assets that we had, and more importantly, the fabric and soul of the club, I was curious as to where you held players like Lenny in regard?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

twirlyhair wrote:

Nothing you've written is revolutionary bud, in fact, the word PREDICTABLE springs to mind immediately.

I smell a troll.
Hmmm the predictability of your ranting continues! No troll here! In fact I would predict t I that have supported the saints quite a bit longer than many here, and have also given the club alot more money than you are likely to see...and the Stalinist approach taken (have you heard of him little man?...) by many on this site dictates that all Saints supporters must not disagree or question the authority of the powers that be!!! Gutless clueless cowards who accept whatever the club says as gospel. Well, unlike many here, I, and many like me, question the decision making to go for Lovett, question the inability as an organisation to keep Ball, and dispute the respect shown to our greatest full back off all time. Hmm, now how else can you abuse me for questioning and raising an argument!! Come on! Lets see what youv'e got!!!
This is the most ironic pile of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to have wasted my valuable time reading. I want recompense for you for my two minutes.

How you dare to be so condescending to another poster with comments like "have also given the club alot more money than you are likely to see" and "have you heard of him little man?..." , all whilst defending some vague supposition of cosmic forces beggars belief!
And your hypothesis of cosmic influences is based upon YOUR perception of how Max H was treated last year, and your assertion that Luke Ball was the type of "fabric of the club" player that we should have begged to stay on bended knee. The same LB that threw the toys out of the cot over time on ground (self above team) and ran off to the club that promised to throw the most bucks at him (the type of thing I consider mercenary).

You sir are not a troll - they generally require a modicum of intelligence in order to exist. You sir, are an oxygen thief of the highest order, and the sort of spineless jellyfish that is normally indicative of a filth supporter.
Last edited by Dis Believer on Mon 24 May 2010 5:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
loris
Saintsational Legend

[quote="twirlyhair"

and dispute the respect shown to our greatest full back off all time. Hmm,

[/quote]

Now I can understand your frustration with the ommission of maxy from the team............ I was also torn with the loyalty of wanting him in the team for last year's GF, purely on the service he had given to the Saints over the years....but really Zac had the performances on the board throughout 2010.............................. but to have Max as our greatest full back of all time??????????

There might be a few who may come up with differing opinions

Some very good ones I have seen are:

Keith Drinan.......... one of the best going around in his era

Verdun Howell......... changed the style of play for full-backs....even won a Brownlow doing it.

Bob Murray.............. his timely mark in the dying minutes of the 1966 Grand Final were just as important as Barry Breen's point IMHO....... he saved the GF for us.

Danny Frawley.............. did a very good job against some excellent full-forwards in his time.....plus had the responsibility of captaining the side that wasn't too successful.

Yep I loved Maxy too, but IMHO Maxy may not be our greatest full back EVER.....maybe on a par with some of the afore-mentioned.......maybe :?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
degruch wrote:Nice one Saint Vince...totally covered. At least some of us have the intelligence and clarity to resolve these issues in our own minds before spewing them onto cyber space, spares us from an embarrassing rant.

Ha ha...nice one Vince! Sounds like the old school days...actually sounds like your still in school? Or maybe should be? Hmm the predictability continues! Once again your lack of appropriate gray matter is exposed as you are unable to respond to the original post. Keep your chin up son. You will one day learn and reflect. XX
My, you're quite a loser, aren't you. How about you try support the club when things get tough, instead of attempting to ridicule it with last years issues.

Still dodging K's prompts too I see...seems like there's plenty of heart and soul still in the starting 22, but because it doesn't fit into your tired old opinions, you chose to ignore it?

twirlyhair
Club Player

saint vince wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I smell a troll.
Hmmm the predictability of your ranting continues! No troll here! In fact I would predict t I that ave supported the saints quite a bit longer than many here, and have also given the club alot more money than you are likely to see...and the Stalinist approach taken (have you heard of him little man?...) by many on this site dictates that all Saints supporters must not disagree or question the authority of the powers that be!!! Gutless clueless cowards who accept whatever the club says as gospel. Well, unlike many here, I, and many like me, question the decision making to go for Lovett, question the inability as an organisation to keep Ball, and dispute the respect shown to our greatest full back off all time. Hmm, now how else can you abuse me for questioning and raising an argument!! Come on! Lets see what youv'e got!!!
You want your points addresses here goes.

1. The match commitee picked the best side they thougt we could field. Max unfortunately was not in that side. It is sad but that is the way it is. Did you want them to give him a gae just because he was a respected figure.
2 Ball left because he was told that his spot was not secure and he would need to work on his deficencies (in a similar way Dal and Milne were a year earlier) and he walked out on a club that he apparently loved. Who ould have thought that Milne and Dal had more inner resolve and commitment than Ball. It is still one of th biggest shocks I have had in football but hey I guess we don't always know what people are really like.
3 Lovett. Who could have guesed what had happened. We took Gady under worse circumstances than Lovett was in and he worked out fine. In hindsigt of course that was a bad decision.

If you think football is about warm and fuzzy feelings you are in the wrong game. I just want to win a flag ad I could not give a s*** who is playing.
Yeah I take your point about Max, although I still think he may have made a difference, and many at the time felt the same thing. The conditions would have suited him. As for Ball, well I believe that the organisation failed to keep him. I respect Lyon as a coach, but good clubs don't lose players of Balls calibre. As for Lovett, well, I am a firm believer that we knew what may happen...I mean Essendon didn't want him. To take him on was a massive risk and I dispute that decision. As for your thoughts aboyt clucbs not being warm and fuzzy, then I think you are over symplfying things. Clubs are groups of people and the relationships that exist between the players is critical to their success. Take a look at Geelong. Their stability has got them to where we should have been. We were ahead of them in 04. 6 years later, 2 flags to them, none to us. Organisational stability is critical. Bad decsions can stuff that up. Hopefully lessons to be learned from for the future.

twirlyhair
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I smell a troll.
Hmmm the predictability of your ranting continues! No troll here! In fact I would predict t I that have supported the saints quite a bit longer than many here, and have also given the club alot more money than you are likely to see...and the Stalinist approach taken (have you heard of him little man?...) by many on this site dictates that all Saints supporters must not disagree or question the authority of the powers that be!!! Gutless clueless cowards who accept whatever the club says as gospel. Well, unlike many here, I, and many like me, question the decision making to go for Lovett, question the inability as an organisation to keep Ball, and dispute the respect shown to our greatest full back off all time. Hmm, now how else can you abuse me for questioning and raising an argument!! Come on! Lets see what youv'e got!!!
This is the most ironic pile of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to have wasted my valuable time reading. I want recompense for you for my two minutes.

How you dare to be so condescending to another poster with comments like "have also given the club alot more money than you are likely to see" and "have you heard of him little man?..." , all whilst defending some vague supposition of cosmic forces beggars belief!
And your hypothesis of cosmic influences is based upon YOUR perception of how Max H was treated last year, and your assertion that Luke Ball was the type of "fabric of the club" player that we should have begged to stay on bended knee. The same LB that threw the toys out of the cot over time on ground (self above team) and ran off to the club that promised to throw the most bucks at him (the type of ting I consider mercenary).

You sir are not a troll - they generally require a modicum of intelligence in order to exist. You sir, are an oxygen thief of the highest order, and the sort of spineless jellyfish that is normally indicative of a filth supporter.
Hmmm another predictable response. The original post was to be discussed but there are too any people like you who cannot do this without resorting to abuse. Sad actually.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
True Believer wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I smell a troll.

And your hypothesis of cosmic influences is based upon YOUR perception of how Max H was treated last year, and your assertion that Luke Ball was the type of "fabric of the club" player that we should have begged to stay on bended knee. The same LB that threw the toys out of the cot over time on ground (self above team) and ran off to the club that promised to throw the most bucks at him (the type of ting I consider mercenary).

Hmmm another predictable response. The original post was to be discussed but there are too any people like you who cannot do this without resorting to abuse. Sad actually.
Goodness me. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
True Believer wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I smell a troll.

Oh I see, so your generalisation about posters on this site being gutless cowards was a compliment was it? Your condescending response was intended as humour was it?
Spare me your bulls*** about wanting actual debate. You were having a sook, you were condescending, insulting and inflammatory, all very deliberately. You reap what you sow.
And you got your response - they are your assertions that Max was treated poorly in some way, and that LB was treated badly.
It was also your assertion that some sort of cosmic rays caused us to lose a couple of games.
None of this is proven fact, and most of it indicates that your meidcation has worn off.

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Still dodging K's prompts too I see...
It's kind of funny actually, I feel about as invisible as Leon Davis on Friday night :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
True Believer wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I smell a troll.

A predictable response to a response to drivel.

Your OP was based on Straw Man suppositions, on inconsistent opinion, not fact, and is a waste of time.

Just because you dont like the responses to your rubbish, you attempt to belittle them.

You still haven't answered why you posted you twaddle early in the third quarter last night when we were 17 points down?

Why were you not watching the game?

Why did you chose that time to post? Did you think your provocation would be moreso after a third straight loss?

How can you call max our greatest ever fullback insulting Danny Frawley to name just one (loris names quite a few others)?

degrunch seems to have gotten your number and you dont like it.

Admit it, this is a failed attempt to troll a club that you thought was heading for a third straight loss.

Go away, it is patently clear you are NOT a Saints supporter.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
twirlyhair
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I was the first to respond to your post, and asked you your opinion of Lenny Hayes?

Given that you said we had taken our eye of the most precious assets that we had, and more importantly, the fabric and soul of the club, I was curious as to where you held players like Lenny in regard?
Sorry, with the barrage of abuse I have copped, I missed your response. Yeah Lenny is a legend, and so are so many of our players. i don't question the character of our players, I just think we all need to be reminded of the fragility of clubs and how poor decisions can quickly affect the fabric of a club. Carlton is a case in point. But thanks for your response.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
SainterK wrote:I was the first to respond to your post, and asked you your opinion of Lenny Hayes?

Sorry, with the barrage of abuse I have copped, I missed your response. Yeah Lenny is a legend, and so are so many of our players. i don't question the character of our players, I just think we all need to be reminded of the fragility of clubs and how poor decisions can quickly affect the fabric of a club. Carlton is a case in point. But thanks for your response.
Why did you post the OP during the third quarter last night?

Why is it that the two Saints players you mentioned are now with Collingwood?

Anyone else smelling a filth troll???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

Why did you post the OP during the third quarter last night?

Why is it that the two Saints players you mentioned are now with Collingwood?

Anyone else smelling a filth troll???
Can't respond to critisism without going on the defensive...could it be? Mick Churchill himself???

bob__71
Club Player

At least the current admin only lost Ball. I think the losses of Plugger, Spider and Barry Hall were of far more significance to the team. Ball he is just another mid.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Anyone else smelling a filth troll???
Depends - is the odour something like rancid pig s*** ??? If that's the smell, then yep, I reckon it's a feral supporter.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wont answer the simple questions i asked?

Wonder why?

Lance or James??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:

I am not even sure what the 'fabric' of the club means if I was to be honest?

I took your post to imply that by losing Max to retirement, and Ball to Collingwood, that we no longer have heart and soul players.

Could you explain to me please, what this fabric is exactly?

loris
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Could you explain to me please,
Hey "SainterK"..... in a previous life you didn't have a fish and chip shop in Q'ld and have red hair by any chance :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :P

twirlyhair
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I am not even sure what the 'fabric' of the club means if I was to be honest?

I took your post to imply that by losing Max to retirement, and Ball to Collingwood, that we no longer have heart and soul players.

Could you explain to me please, what this fabric is exactly?
Hey thanks for your legitimate question. Unlike others (with particular mention to Joffaboy) your response deserves a reply. For me, all effective organisations are built on mutual trust and respect. And this gets to the very soul or heart of a club. Clubs that dont have that, and dont demand mutual respect, often fall by the wayside. As much as I love the saints, as an organisation we have a pretty poor record in that regard. I often think back to the way Nicky Winmar held the club to ransom. Whilst he was a genuine superstar, the lack of moral fortitude in the club put us back. The same goes for the way we treated Stan Alves. The fabric or soul of a club is built up over many years, and whilst some disagree, the decisions of last year have put us back and I hope we learn from them.

twirlyhair
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:

I smell a troll.

And your hypothesis of cosmic influences is based upon YOUR perception of how Max H was treated last year, and your assertion that Luke Ball was the type of "fabric of the club" player that we should have begged to stay on bended knee. The same LB that threw the toys out of the cot over time on ground (self above team) and ran off to the club that promised to throw the most bucks at him (the type of thing I consider mercenary).

Thought police at it again?? Have a read of the content, and discuss the issue if you can. Good luck.

twirlyhair
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Wont answer the simple questions i asked?

Wonder why?
Because your not worth my time.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

OK guys, in light of recent events I think we should forget bout the bulls*** from this thread and just stick together.

things could get messy and the last thing we need is infighting.

Regardless of what others may think, I am sure twirly hair is a St Kilda supporter. He/she may well have just been frustrated at time of typing this post. Ever think of this?

Let's stop being keyboard heroes for one moment and just realise that all things considered, we ARE ON THE SAME FARKING TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!