Stanley needs to come in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

If Stanley couldn't mark or kick a goal he'd be doing about as well as most of the bigger guys we've used up front. There isn't much else we can try without repeating what hasn't worked already. Next up rotating from defence is Gilbo, and I'm not confident that he'll do any better than Clarke, Dawson or Fisher have before him.

It's hardly ideal, but I think we could do worse. At the very least, Stanley will attract some attention, which could open up space for some of the smaller guys. He's quick enough that he's not likely to get run off. It's unlikely he'll be the saviour of our forward line, but at the very least he might bring us some sort of structure.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:If Stanley couldn't mark or kick a goal he'd be doing about as well as most of the bigger guys we've used up front. There isn't much else we can try without repeating what hasn't worked already. Next up rotating from defence is Gilbo, and I'm not confident that he'll do any better than Clarke, Dawson or Fisher have before him.

It's hardly ideal, but I think we could do worse. At the very least, Stanley will attract some attention, which could open up space for some of the smaller guys. He's quick enough that he's not likely to get run off. It's unlikely he'll be the saviour of our forward line, but at the very least he might bring us some sort of structure.
yes, but his form has been poor.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Someone's going to pull a hammy, all this knee-jerking. Natural to get a bit tetchy after a loss, but lets sit down and put on our perspective hats. We're 5th, we've won more than we've lost, we don't need the magoos to take over for the rest of the season.