Deserters Should Be Shot.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Jesus some ppl need to get over themselves. I've left early when we are winning and when we are losing. I've stayed to the end when we've been thumped (last night for instance) many times as well. It depends on your personal situation. Most ppl turn up to the footy to watch a competitive game. If the game is not competitive many leave. Like I said, I've also done it when we've been well in front so I can get home quicker.

It's a personal choice and hardly a crime of the century. I reckon it's sad that saintnick12 even feels the need to justify herself. 'Supporters' who sit through a game like sad sacks and then bronze cheer our players twds the end of the game deserve our wrath more than those who leave to beat the traffic on a work/school night.

AS long as ppl buy a membership and turn up most weeks to SUPPORT the team you can't ask much more than that. If by the end of the game they've had enough and leave early so what?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Some interesting responses here. It seems we like to give it to other teams when they leave early but we are happy to do it ourselves and thats ok :wink: Congrats to those who stayed, we are in this together, through thick AND thin.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:"Low life scum" for leaving a game early....

Wowee,hate too see what you call rapists,murderers,Collingwood supporters,etc!

......if the cap fits.... :wink: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Some interesting responses here. It seems we like to give it to other teams when they leave early but we are happy to do it ourselves and thats ok :wink: Congrats to those who stayed, we are in this together, through thick AND thin.

amen bev.......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:i walked out on the siren last granny day ... couldn't stay.

but i'm usually a bitter end type of character.

me too.....walking out on the siren is okay imhfo.....you don't have to watch opposition pr!cks gloat...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

who cares when you walk out
sometimes you stay sometimes you dont

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Deserters Should Be Shot.

Milan Faletic wrote:
Imagine if the players went home 10 minutes in to the last quarter. What would we say?
Ummm, what about if they left 10 minutes into the 1st quarter?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Some interesting responses here. It seems we like to give it to other teams when they leave early but we are happy to do it ourselves and thats ok :wink: Congrats to those who stayed, we are in this together, through thick AND thin.
Agree Bev - which is why I have NEVER given it to opposition fans when they leave, would much rather spend time worrying about my own team. Have always found it to be a childish tradition amongst supporters.

ace
Saintsational Legend

I would just like to say and wave to all those who left early.

BYE!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
roxanne
Club Player

People should grow up. It was a Monday night FFS. We were getting pantsed by Carlton of all teams....who wants to stick around for that. I had the choice of catching an early or late train ie: arriving home at 11.00 or 12.00 I opted for 11.00. I stood in the rain in Bay 7 at Moorabbin watching us at our worst week after week year after year and don't take kindly to being called a 'deserter' for opting to take my leave last night. I'll leave a game whenever I bloody well choose to.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Batnoe
Club Player

I dont care if people leave

i think the worst part is the cheersquad leaving

Carn Saints
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:I dont care if people leave

Arent they people?

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:I dont care if people leave

Arent they people?
Depends which cheersquad you're talking about.
What do we do about people who buy three game memberships? Surely that's not good enough?
Is there a minimum amount of time you need to wait after the game before you can go home? And how early before a game do you have to turn up? I missed the first bounce a couple of weeks ago, does that make me a bad person?
I used to leave VFL at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter unless there was less than a kick in it to save spending 20 minutes in the carpark. Probably only done it at Etihad 3 times in 10 years.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Foz
Club Player

I left at 25 min mark final quarter.

Would usually stay until the end but applied the following rules;
- the 200km drive home meant 12.30am arrival and work the next day
- it was a Monday night
- didnt want to hear the Carlscum anymore
- I had fully assessed the game by that time!

Benefits of waiting till the end included;
- less screeches, less attacks on Saints players
- less claims umpiring caused the result
- less questions about whether i saw an incident on the other side of the ground? answer No, did you?
- less screeches get the ball, kick the ball, you are not trying etc etc.

claystreet
Club Player

Deserters should be shot lmao what do you think this is a bloody war? I have my gongs from a bloody war that i didnt walk out on, but i will if i want, leave a game of footy anytime i friggen well like without some half baked ass bandit telling me what i can and what i cant do and make childish threats about throwing piss over me. Try it sunshine anytime you like and i will mop up the dregs with your head.

BallBanger
Club Player

ace wrote:I would like to express my utter contempt for the majority of the level 1 reserved seat holders.

Our boys have played heroically in recent years.
At the first time our boys are smashed, they get to look up and they see that masses of low life scum have walked out on them.

If you were one of these deserters that wet feeling you are feeling is probably my urine.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted:
why....would you sit through something you're not enjoying..

the players have to take the bad with the good and i'm sure they understand why

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

ace wrote:I would like to express my utter contempt for the majority of the level 1 reserved seat holders.

At the first time our boys are smashed, they get to look up and they see that masses of low life scum have walked out on them.

If you were one of these deserters that wet feeling you are feeling is probably my urine.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Does this include the women and children, "ace"? You really must be the "low life scum" yourself. And you're going to do the "shooting" and "pissing" are you? When and where?
Glad you're not taking things a bit too seriously and patting yourself a bit too hard on the back. What a "tosser"! I'm more glad that I left early now. If you want to do the "shooting" and "pissing", when and where shall we all turn up? The thousands of us? When and where, "ace"?
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 11 May 2010 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:Deserters should be shot lmao what do you think this is a bloody war? I have my gongs from a bloody war that i didnt walk out on, but i will if i want, leave a game of footy anytime i friggen well like without some half baked ass bandit telling me what i can and what i cant do and make childish threats about throwing piss over me. Try it sunshine anytime you like and i will mop up the dregs with your head.
So beautifully put.

Some of these people need to get a grip on reality. Its a footy game

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was actually quite happy when the row of young guys behind us decided to leave early in the fourth.

I think it's better some leave, than stick around.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:
claystreet wrote:Deserters should be shot lmao what do you think this is a bloody war? I have my gongs from a bloody war that i didnt walk out on, but i will if i want, leave a game of footy anytime i friggen well like without some half baked ass bandit telling me what i can and what i cant do and make childish threats about throwing piss over me. Try it sunshine anytime you like and i will mop up the dregs with your head.
So beautifully put.

Some of these people need to get a grip on reality. Its a footy game
Exactly. And to all those who "agreed" with "ace" are you going to do the "shooting" and "pissing" too? Again, when and where? Otherwise, I suggest you take back what you said.
Everyone can support this club to whatever the f*** level they want. If you don't like it you can go CRY ABOUT IT. Oh, sorry, you already are here. Crying and chest thumping. Way to go. Time to grow up, anyone? How did you all get out on a school night?
And if you make threats on us, you'd better be ready to back them up and cop what comes in return. If you say these things about us and our family members, you'd better be ready to pay in kind.
Is a game of footy really that important? Getting a life may be in order for some of you. Fast.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 11 May 2010 8:05pm, edited 3 times in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
widereceiver
Club Player

I felt bad enough about our appalling performance last night without these ridiculous, insulting posts, which try to imply your superior loyalty to our club. Why haven't you attacked Bob Harvey, tool? He was coaching for the winning team.

I have stood at the Junction when we were no-hopers. I have stood in the muddy terraces of Linton Street through more wooden spoon seasons than I care to remember when a good game against Carlton was a five goal loss. I have sat in the icy open air at Waverley through good and bad with the 3/4 hour detention in the car park post match.

I bleed red, white and black every season, every pre-season and every post-season. But more importantly, I pay my membership and reserved seating fee at our new soulless home, with its deafening and pathetic music, patronising announcers and repetitive sirens.

That entitles me to come and go as I please without the approbation or otherwise of some anonymous nitwit on a fan forum. If you are so concerned that we stay to the bitter end of future feeble efforts you may offer to pay our membership fees, otherwise Zip it Acehole.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Deserters Should Be Shot.
can you wait till after AFL audit day so they count in our Membership tally :shock:

atleast they turned up- which some on here have admitted to not doing

the row behind me( reserved seats) were not the usuals-
the row beside me was semi empty apart from Carlton supporters who managed to get there

:shock: for all people complain about seats being filled by opposition
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 11 May 2010 8:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintWal
Club Player

I wanted to leave at the ten minutes of the last qtr. I must be a crap Saints supporter. Stuck it out to the end though, gee, I feel so good about myself. Seeing how my kids pulled up today, Priceless.

Monday Footy is crap.

So bag me Ace, I wanted to leave but didn't. Oh, and you can forget about all the games in the late seventies and just about all the eighties I went to every week from Geelong to Arden street, Albert park, The filth, and Windy Hill. Yep. Weak bad supporter. But guess what, I still love the club and always will, not as much as you though obviously.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Who the heck are you to tell people when they can leave ??

It was a Monday nite, some had to leave early for work next day, others may have felt unwell, several may have been sitting around volatile Blues supporters and things may have erupted, when it just wasn't worth it....

Many would have quite enough of the junk being dished up on field, both the players and umpires

What do you propose for those who didn't turn up at all - a public stoning to be held before the next training session :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I agree, Ace

Imagine if the players went home 10 minutes in to the last quarter. What would we say?

I never leave early and never will.
actually the game could of been a lot closer if they left early, a lot of carltons late goals were our foolish mistakes.

we buy a membership, costing anywhere from $60-300....we pay to watch them, they play and get paid. we have every right to leave when we want and say what we want.
And therefore Ace and I have the right to say what we want, and we just did. I agree with him. Not necessarily his words, but the point he made about people leaving early. Posters know I don't personally attack people or do the best I can not to. So I am not having as angry as Ace, more disappointed....and not attacking Level 1. My point is general.

I just wanted to say that I will always stay till the end - win or lose. Of course some people have reasons to leave early, but would they have left if we were winning or the game was in the balance?????

Some supporters clearly never lived through the late 70's and 80's, where 100 point losses were common. Arden St, Whitten Oval, Victoria Park, Princes Park, Windy Hill.

Strength through Loyalty. We've lost a handful of games in the last two years. They were good. We were bad. We didn't kick their goals, they kicked them. Don't underestimate their performance. I never forfeited a game, walked out on my team or left the ground early as a sports person so I can't do it as a supporter.

I maintain that I will never leave early.....win or lose.