Tony Walsh - Saints Runner

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Well, I did PM saintsRrising re his thoughts of his original post that it was in "Very poor form" for me to post Tony Walsh's day job, albeit his very own profile displays that he is a runner for the Saints.

http://www.tpass.com.au/_documents/Jour ... h_p8_9.pdf

This same poster carried on about me questioning another poster re my day job...

His reply via PM was that he does not do "research" and basically don't ever PM him again with Spam...

This poster, on a public forum stated that what I posted was Very poor form", yet that information is available on the internet that states Walsh's current day job as well as being a runner for the Saints.

This poster's reply PM was not to bother him again via PM with "SPAM" and is just a complete arrogant/ignorant poster that refuses to explain just why he posted that I should retract my OP re his day time job.

I will not be involved with this poster at all and I will object with this poster ever having anything to do with the player sponsorship raffles...

A dead set arrogant/ignorant poster that I would not trust..

Mr Magic ....

Is it possible for this so called organiser of raffles to be excluded from anything to do with the Saints Player Sponsorship???

Again, he called my OP in "Very Poor Taste" and never even bothered to check the internet that mentions both his day time job and his part time job in his profile ...

His response to my PM " I don't do research" ....

Hint...

Don't flowering post before you do so in future :idea:

Again, I want out of my player sponsorship if this arrogant/ignorant poster is involved

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rexy
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Well, I did PM saintsRrising re his thoughts of his original post that it was in "Very poor form" for me to post Tony Walsh's day job, albeit his very own profile displays that he is a runner for the Saints.

This same poster carried on about me questioning another poster re my day job...

His reply via PM was that he does not do "research" and basically don't ever PM him again with Spam...

This poster, on a public forum stated that what I posted was Very poor form", yet that information is available on the internet that states Walsh's current day job as well as being a runner for the Saints.

This poster's reply PM was not to bother him again via PM with "SPAM" and is just a complete arrogant/ignorant poster that refuses to explain just why he posted that I should retract my OP re his day time job.

I will not be involved with this poster at all and I will object with this poster ever having anything to do with the player sponsorship raffles...

Mr Magic ....

Is it possible for this so called organiser of raffles to be excluded from anything to do with the Saints Player Sponsorship???

Again, he called my OP in "Very Poor Taste" and never even bothered to check the internet that mentions both his day time job and his part time job in his profile ...

Hint...

Again, I want out of my player sponsorship if this arrogant/ignorant poster is involved
Why you so cut up about it Fid? You have made your point and it would appear that nobody disagrees. Why lose sleep over such a trivial matter? Sponsorship is about your desire to support the team in yet another way, not about your personal relationships with anonymous nicknames on the internet?

Come on fella, chin up, we are 5 and 1 with out the 5 times B&F AA skipper. Lifes good.

Maybe this year?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Well, I did PM saintsRrising re his thoughts of his original post that it was in "Very poor form" for me to post Tony Walsh's day job, albeit his very own profile displays that he is a runner for the Saints.

Mr Magic ....

Hint...

Why you so cut up about it Fid? You have made your point and it would appear that nobody disagrees. Why lose sleep over such a trivial matter? Sponsorship is about your desire to support the team in yet another way, not about your personal relationships with anonymous nicknames on the internet?

Come on fella, chin up, we are 5 and 1 with out the 5 times B&F AA skipper. Lifes good.
It sounds so simple doesn't it????

but the poster that stated that I was in VERY poor form to mention his day job, albeit his profile dose mention both his day job and his part time and the fact that he posted that without any research and was willing to post that I was in VERY poor form and also that fact that I tried to reconcile via PM and got a reply of "don't bother with any further PMs because they are SPAM, leaves me to think that this poster is not worth running the Saintsational Player Sponsorship raffles...

I just have no confidence in this poster's integrity, after stating that my PM was a spam.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rexy
SS Life Member

Just because a bloke is a nob, doesnt mean he is lacking integrity? Lighten up brother, it could be that simple if you didnt let it get to you.

Have a scotch, always works for me :lol:

Maybe this year?
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Unlike my job which really is Top Secret.
Great movie Top Secret. Val Kilmer was actually good for a change.

SaintDebi
Club Player

sooooo anyway...........

what does anybody think about the runner making a habit of giving away free kicks???????

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I think we need a new runner.

I also don't care what hid day job is.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ace
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:St. Fid, is he a Solicitor, because he acts like one when he is on the ground. No common sense.
BB Can you arrest him for solicitation if he gives away another free.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Is this thread for real? Seriously?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote: Just because a bloke is a nob, doesnt mean he is lacking integrity? Lighten up brother, it could be that simple if you didnt let it get to you.
Have a scotch, always works for me :lol:

Hi Rexy.
This was my actually reply to St Fid’s PM. I am only posting it as he has lied about my reply.

I don't need to do research.
IMO there was no need to raise what his day job was. It was completely irrelevant.
Just as there as no need for you to call me a fuckwitt.
My experience tell me that when people start swearing that they have lost the plot and argument.
So swear away.
And dont bother PM-ing me anymore. I do not appreciate spam.

Research is not required as I was posting my opinion. I did not dispute what the runner did for a day job and it is not relevant to my opinion. Therefore there is nothing to research. What St Fid imagined that I would actually research I have no idea.

I posted my opinion on a forum and St Fid and anyone else is free to disagree, and post their opinion in return.

I would also add that St Fid has sent me PM’s in the past as he seeks to have PM wars. I told him back then to post his thoughts in the relevant thread and not to PM me as I have no inclination to indulge in PM wars. Hence my SPAM comment.

Knowing his penchant for abuse I originally stated that I would not post further in this thread.

However St Fid not content with this has then chosen to PM me and to attack my character in this thread. So I have written this reply.

Any further PMs he sends me I will publish in full.
rexy wrote: Sponsorship is about your desire to support the team in yet another way, not about your personal relationships with anonymous nicknames on the internet?
The joke is on St Fid because I am already not running the raffle.
MM has already conducted the first part.

However that St Fid would seek to prevent another forumite from running a raffle because of a difference of opinion shows a lot more about St Fids lack of integrity than mine.

One of the reasons I told MM that I was not interested in running the raffle this year was due to the abuse you cop for doing so. ie St Fid last year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Is this thread for real? Seriously?
WTF...

A poster that does no research and posts that my OP was in Very Poor Form even though via the internet this Walsh is openly suggesting his full time job and his part timer...

This poster suggests that he "dose not "do research" , but is will to post that I am in "Very Poor Form"

This poster controls the Saintsational Players Sponsorship and is in control of about $7,000 and he is willing to state that he does not do research but is quick to respond to my OP and that I was in Very Poor Form????

Yes, I did PM saintsRrising and he further stated that he does not respond to SPAM....

Yes, I am serious and I have sent a PM to Battye.......

I do not want this arrogant/ignorant involved at all with the Saintsational $7,000 player sponsorship.

I have PMed the admin about my concerns ...

ace
Saintsational Legend

I would not want any raffle run by someone known as St Fidel.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
WTF...

A poster that does no research and posts that my OP was in Very Poor Form even though via the internet this Walsh is openly suggesting his full time job and his part timer...

This poster suggests that he "dose not "do research" , but is will to post that I am in "Very Poor Form"

This poster controls the Saintsational Players Sponsorship and is in control of about $7,000 and he is willing to state that he does not do research but is quick to respond to my OP and that I was in Very Poor Form????

Yes, I did PM saintsRrising and he further stated that he does not respond to SPAM....

I do not want this arrogant/ignorant involved at all with the Saintsational $7,000 player sponsorship.

How old are you? You are acting like a 5 year old. I think it is time you grew up. I never read so much rubbish and considering what I write that is saying something.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
WTF...

How old are you? You are acting like a 5 year old. I think it is time you grew up. I never read so much rubbish and considering what I write that is saying something.
Yeah but you don't have to read the stuff you write though :wink:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
WTF...

I think this is a total over reaction. In my opinion.

I am allowed to have one of those aren't I?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

see this is funny
in a recent exchange about another topic i was told this

"we are no longer going to respond to PMs 'dobbing in' other posters or asking for warnings / bannings for others."

and yup
thats a pm quote (big whoops, its my pm ill do what i like with it)

and since when is sRr actually running the SSS
? (saintsationalsponsorship)

get it right before ya throw the hissy fit
lol

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote: and since when is sRr actually running the SSS
? (saintsationalsponsorship)
A bit of history for you.

When the first Player Sponosrship was put up it was a joint SS/Bigfooty Effort.

Unfortunately the Bigfooty Mod involved went AWOL at the last minute including not paying his share leaving it all high and dry.

I and another Forumite then volunteered to step in and sort out the mess. The other forumitre kindly used his personal credit card to pay the monies due and I invested some amount of time in sorting out who had paid, not paid, chasing up payments etc and then in dishing out the Sponorship Benefits to those involved via a raffle.

The next and following years MM kindly took up the organisation of the Sponsorship, including paying in adavance what the Club requires. He has done a fantastic job and has greatlly increased the amount of $$$ that this forum generates to our club.

After the first year MM asked me to continue to run the raffle each year. This I more than willingly did as it is my view that everyone should chip in.

I ALWAYS took great pains for the raffles that I ran to completely above board, transparent and tamper proof with myself not actually picking anyone asa winner.
The first raffle was drawn by Saints66 in the MW.

Last years was done online. The "keys" to the raffle were always emailed to a mod such as Saints66 to provide third party verfication that I was in no way able to influence the result.

On one occassion WINNERS of the raffle asked me to distribute their prizes to other forumites in any way that I chose as they were not able to use the "prizes". Note that as the prizes had already been won, that it was the winners right to gift their prizes to anyone including non-forumites.
This I willingly did. Note that this was in no way part of the official Sponsorship Draw and I just did it help out the parties involved..
I actually disqualified myself from receiving any of the prizes (as did MM) despite the forumites involved with some of these offering the prizes to us.
As time was very short for the prizes to be used I decided to run a quick quiz.

St Fid at the time personally attacked me and this is clearly a grudge he still holds. Again note that this was over the transfer of WINNERS prizes in manner that those winners were happy with but which St Fid complained about.

That he is attacking my integrity and trying to draw the implication that I am not a "fit and proper" person to be trusted with Sponsorship Raffles I deeply resent and he has absolutely no basis for his outlandish demands.

People may or may ot like how I ran the various raffles (which is every one up till this year), but I can guarantee that every one was 100% fair and impartial and mechanisms were in place to guarantee that.

As it turns out MM had earlier asked me again to run the raffle. This year I declined for even though I did not like leaving MM in the lurch as I was somewhat jaded by the crap that a small minority of forumites such as St Fid hurl.

True to form St Fid is hurling mud again even though I am not running this years raffle.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

not to say i meant when has sRr had anything to do with the sponsorships ever...
was saying that where were you involved this year?
not having a go
just wondering why fid would say he wants you to have nothing to do with it, when i was under the impression that MM was doing it this year.

your post cleared up some grey areas
seems silly really
if i won something and i couldnt go to an event that was a prize and i offered it to someone else or said the organiser of the sponsorship could decide what to do with the prize then thats my right as a winner.

to say it was rigged or favs might of been played in the last few years is a bit rich.
ive been involved in last years and this years (MM money was deposited late last week) and it seemed to be ran fine...imo

lots of work, money and cc's to be used etc etc
we are in fact lucky that peeps will go out of their way to actually do this for the forum/us and sometimes even pay some of the remaining cash up front to the club because forum members are late paying what they said they would donate (and i include myself in the lateness of a payment)

8-)

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I haven't been involved in the sponsorship stuff or raffles, but I say more power to those who put their hands up to voluntarily do these sorts of jobs for the benefit of the wider community.

Similar to Moderators. Thankless tasks.

rexy
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:I haven't been involved in the sponsorship stuff or raffles, but I say more power to those who put their hands up to voluntarily do these sorts of jobs for the benefit of the wider community.

Similar to Moderators. Thankless tasks.
Spot on.

Feel like a dick for getting involve in this little game now, but I will have one last go at it. I got involved because it disappoints me when posts disintegrate into slagging matches and also when two posters who you respect for their opinion on the game and the club stoop to this kind of thing. StFid, all I was interesed in was trying to point out that you IMO had over reacted, I had you pegged as someone with a bit more humility and thought on reflection you may just let it be, usually I think you would. And SR I respect your right to defend your integrity over the raffle thing. Just hope you 2 can sort this out like adults before more good posters leave to the secret ex SS society running on bigfooty.

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

In my opinion St Fid has serious problems and considering what his day job is, don't get caught speeding.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
BakesFan
SS Life Member

rexy wrote: sort this out like adults before more good posters leave to the secret ex SS society running on bigfooty.
Nothing secretive about it, rexy..............many on here are aware that sanctuary exists........ it is nice to go somewhere and have differences of opinion; without having them degenerate into a cesspool of personal abuse....

the GF is slowly evolving into such a place...... perserverance with basic manners is the key.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
rexy wrote: sort this out like adults before more good posters leave to the secret ex SS society running on bigfooty.
Nothing secretive about it, rexy..............many on here are aware that sanctuary exists........ it is nice to go somewhere and have differences of opinion; without having them degenerate into a cesspool of personal abuse....

the GF is slowly evolving into such a place...... perserverance with basic manners is the key.
Of course you can go elsewhere, but it's not completely fair Bakesfan, what if I enjoyed your contribution on here, and miss your avatars and clever creations?

It's like being at school again, the whole class being punished for a few that misbehave!

You could always ignore the naughty kids you know :)

derby Street
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:While I agree about the runners sins.

I think it is very poor form to state his "day job". I suggest your edit your OP to remove it as it has no relevance to his transgressions on the football field.
Just who the flower are you to suggest I edit my post????

Odd then that you took exception to another poster mentioning your day job.

In both cases I thought it poor form.

No problem with you saying for him to stick to his day job. But what relevance is there in what that day job actually is?

I have already sated that as a runner that Walsh has been giving awy free kicks to often. However I see absoluety no reason to raise what his day job is as part of the discussion.
What has my day job got to do with posting on here???
About as much as you stating Tony Walsh's day job has to do with his running duties St Fid
:D :D

groupie1
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:I agree he is becoming far too familiar as far as giving away free kicks. As soon as I saw it I thought "not him again!"

And I don't see any problem with St Fid naming his day job. Its not as though its top secret, and it indicates that he obviously has a degree of intelligence that should enable him to learn from past mistakes and not continue to repeat them.

Free kicks like that can be crucial in close games.
Does anyone know who is the Illegal Manager of the Victorian Police Association?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga