Im still here....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Im still here....

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Over to u......

It is round........................3.

Come on muppets.....
not much to say...too upset about roo.....oh...you coach is a lying arsehole...but you know that anyway....

...how you going mate...geez...it must suck to follow a side that can't kick a goal in half a game of footy against half a side.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

good of you to visit after a loss...you are a better man than me..... :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Come on muppets.....
not much to say...too upset about roo.....oh...you coach is a lying arsehole...but you know that anyway....

...how you going mate...geez...it must suck to follow a side that can't kick a goal in half a game of footy against half a side.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

good of you to visit after a loss...you are a better man than me..... :wink: 8-)
A troll is a troll and always will be.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Come on muppets.....

The
Come on muppets.....
bit is just budgie cheering on his team.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: .you coach is a lying arsehole..
Been trying to tell you that for months, you're a bit slow on the uptake!

Oh that's right you actually believed him last time, sorry I forgot!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

:roll: If posters can't take JPB's 'muppet' call in jest then I feel sorry for them.
Gracious loser to come on here and cop his fair whack... it'd be nice if we we equally gracious winners........

.....but your team really does suck bad, JPB :wink:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote: .you coach is a lying arsehole..
Been trying to tell you that for months, you're a bit slow on the uptake!

Oh that's right you actually believed him last time, sorry I forgot!

yawn..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote::roll: If posters can't take JPB's 'muppet' call in jest then I feel sorry for them.
Gracious loser to come on here and cop his fair whack... it'd be nice if we we equally gracious winners........

8-) :wink:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

BakesFan wrote::roll: If posters can't take JPB's 'muppet' call in jest then I feel sorry for them.

I hope Thinline took this in jest.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... ht=#903059

Serial troll, should be banned.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Some of this comes down to how serious you regard the 'muppet' slur.

This is a cultural thing,somewhat.

For some people, this is a disability slur (it is meant to imply that people are basically brainless, and is usually hurled at people with intellectual disabilities). I know this because I've seen stories about the murders of people where this was the main disability slur used. (The English murder of an intellectually disabled man called Brent Martin comes to mind, but there are many more). Google "Brent Martin muppet" and you will find plenty of stories about it.

So... it depends what you make of the word 'muppet'. For some people, particularly disability rights activists, it's a hate term like the n-word. This is something close to my heart, hence my objections. For me, as someone really concerned about disability, the term 'muppet' is disability vilification, akin to racial vilification. I say this because I have seen FAR TOO MANY crimes, including murder, where this slur has been used. No kidding.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
matrix wrote:ballys a great kick huh
Best kick in the team! Put him at FF.
might do ok out of the goal square
should make the distance from there

:twisted:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

markinUSA wrote:Some of this comes down to how serious you regard the 'muppet' slur.

For some people, this is a disability slur (it is meant to imply that people are basically brainless, and is usually hurled at people with intellectual disabilities). I know this because I've seen stories about the murders of people where this was the main disability slur used. (The English murder of an intellectually disabled man called Brent Martin comes to mind, but there are many more). Google "Brent Martin muppet" and you will find plenty of stories about it.

So... it depends what you make of the word 'muppet'. For some people, particularly disability rights activists, it's a hate term like the n-word. This is something close to my heart, hence my objections. For me, as someone really concerned about disability, the term 'muppet' is disability vilification, akin to racial vilification. I say this because I have seen FAR TOO MANY crimes, including murder, where this slur has been used. No kidding.
Mate, I had no idea.......but it's not the 1st time :oops:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

muppet to me means you either are a twit

or

you have a muppet moment:

now granted when kermit used to do this he was excited at the prospect of a special guest on the show when he introduced them

but i see it as having a flip out moment, and a bit of a brain fade and losing the plot

:P

na exa
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:
Some of this comes down to how serious you regard the 'muppet' slur.

Mate, I had no idea.......but it's not the 1st time

same.

around here 'muppet' was the term we all called ourselves in 'that' great thread.

can u suggest another word ... although this is australia , and muppet seems very lame to me as a fair dinkum attempt at a disability vilification exercise

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i missed the tongue in cheekness of it if that how it was meant

it seemed to to me with a few other "blow it out ur a$$" comments made in separate threads that it seemed like he was trolling for a fight

maybe i misunderstood though