S#ck on that, Scott!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Hate to be a naysayer but I played indoor cricket with the Scott brothers (and a heap of other Lions guys) and both Brad and Chris were really nice guys. Totally friendly, always up for a beer and a yarn. They just played footy with a bit of mongrel, if they played for us we'd adore them for it...
They were arsehole teenagers

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The wheel has turned Scott!

supersaints
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Hate to be a naysayer but I played indoor cricket with the Scott brothers (and a heap of other Lions guys) and both Brad and Chris were really nice guys. Totally friendly, always up for a beer and a yarn. They just played footy with a bit of mongrel, if they played for us we'd adore them for it...
I don't care if you were his lover... But I agree with you ...he was a dog on the field....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
I don't care if you were his lover... But I agree with you ...he was a dog on the field....

both were....imhfo.... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

What a ridiculous thread.

I thought the Scott brothers played the game in a way that was extremely tough, but without mailce and didn't typically involve premeditated acts.

Rather like Stephen Baker or Aaron Hamill.

The slinging of Lenny into the fence was surely a spur of the moment thing. That sort of incident occurs frequently in football and usually doesn't result in broken bones. I find the idea that whichever Scott it was had set out deliberately to injure Lenny to be a bit farfetched. Brent Guerra on Cameron Ling in 2004: that was premeditated.

The hitting of Nick Riewoldt, horrible though it was to see, happened when he looked like he was running back into position. If it had been Jonathan Brown, do you reckon Stephen Baker or Aaron Hamill would have hesitated to give him a bump?

After the Riewoldt incident, Aaron Hamill smashed into Chris Scott and knocked half his teeth out. After the game, neither Scott nor Leigh Matthews had any complaints - made comments along the lines of "live by the sword, die by the sword".

A striking contrast to the absolute garbage comments by Paul Roos against Zac after last week's game.

I absolutely hate deliberate off-the-ball attacks on other players - especially above the shoulders - and would wish to see those responsible for these rubbed out of the game.

But my memory of the Scott brothers was that they played the game hard, sometimes illegally, but generally in what I would see as the right spirit.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
suss
Club Player

meher baba wrote:What a ridiculous thread.

I thought the Scott brothers played the game in a way that was extremely tough, but without mailce and didn't typically involve premeditated acts.

The slinging of Lenny into the fence was surely a spur of the moment thing. That sort of incident occurs frequently in football and usually doesn't result in broken bones. I find the idea that whichever Scott it was had set out deliberately to injure Lenny to be a bit farfetched. Brent Guerra on Cameron Ling in 2004: that was premeditated.

The hitting of Nick Riewoldt, horrible though it was to see, happened when he looked like he was running back into position. If it had been Jonathan Brown, do you reckon Stephen Baker or Aaron Hamill would have hesitated to give him a bump?

After the Riewoldt incident, Aaron Hamill smashed into Chris Scott and knocked half his teeth out. After the game, neither Scott nor Leigh Matthews had any complaints - made comments along the lines of "live by the sword, die by the sword".

A striking contrast to the absolute garbage comments by Paul Roos against Zac after last week's game.

I absolutely hate deliberate off-the-ball attacks on other players - especially above the shoulders - and would wish to see those responsible for these rubbed out of the game.

But my memory of the Scott brothers was that they played the game hard, sometimes illegally, but generally in what I would see as the right spirit.
If that post was designed to make me think any less of Aaron Hamill and any more of either of the Scott twins then it’s a categorical fail. :wink:

I took immense pleasure from Saturday night because of a certain degree of immaturity and an ability to hold a grudge for years.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:What a ridiculous thread.

+1

To some on here they should stop giving out a members scarf and make it lego

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Pretty sure it was Chris Scott who bumped Nick's broken shoulder.

Brad was the good one. Chris was a thug.
i thought it was mal michael. anyway. im not so badly against brad scott. more against james brayshwaw. CANT stand that flogger!!!!!!!!!!! He should go for the eagles anyway (Hes is born and bred perth). TERIIBLE bloke. SUCK ON IT Brayshaw!

mrkiss
Club Player

gutless scott

both of them were pseudo tough men
and I laughed everytime we kicked a goal
cause I despise both of them
last seasons start very much like this

stinger
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
I took immense pleasure from Saturday night because of a certain degree of immaturity and an ability to hold a grudge for years.

i can relate to that..... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...i can also remember the saints being on the receiving end of a few roo thumpings over the years too......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Pretty sure it was Chris Scott who bumped Nick's broken shoulder.

Brad was the good one. Chris was a thug.
i thought it was mal michael. anyway. im not so badly against brad scott. more against james brayshwaw. CANT stand that flogger!!!!!!!!!!! He should go for the eagles anyway (Hes is born and bred perth). TERIIBLE bloke. SUCK ON IT Brayshaw!

there ware two brions.......michael and one of the snott twins.....