Pumped-up Justin Koschitzke turns enforcer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:all the great teams have one thing in common an aggresive key forward, brown, dermie, balme, merritt & even geelong have mooney
aggression is good, but it's got to be correctly channelled. the modern interpretation of the rules is pretty clear. untoward contact with the head will be dealt with.

i guess kosi could argue that if he didn't go through with that bump he'd have looked like a squib. however that is unlikely to sway the MRP or tribunal.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 29 Mar 2010 2:33pm, edited 2 times in total.

markmark
Club Player

Kosi could have picked the ball up and kept going through that swans player and it would have been play of the day instead of 3 sorry we are sants 4 weeks.

Bring it on
Rooey_for_PM!
Club Player

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5846618198

"The panel could deem conduct as intentional as video of the incident clearly shows Koschitzke concentrating solely on Malceski as he attempts to block for teammate Brendon Goddard, with the ball on the ground and less than a metre from both St Kilda players.

Video footage shows Koschitzke does not make the ball his objective and has eyes only for his opponent before he makes contact to the side of the Swans player's head with his lowered right shoulder. What makes the incident worse for Koschitzke is that Malceski appears to slip and approaches the contest feet first with his body much lower than Koschitzke would have anticipated."

:oops: No case for the 'accident' theory! My bad. :)

This seems to sum it all up pretty fairly - if it weren't for his record and the surface at ANZ could be an entirely different story though. I guess it's a case of coulda woulda shoulda...great thread tho! Lots of interesting views.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Malceski appears to slip and approaches the contest feet first with his body much lower than Koschitzke would have anticipated
that damn surface up there was causing guys to slip all night. could be used in kosi's defence I guess should we decide to contest it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Malceski appears to slip and approaches the contest feet first with his body much lower than Koschitzke would have anticipated
that damn surface up there was causing guys to slip all night. could be used in kosi's defence I guess should we decide to contest it.
True, not sure if they will contest though...think they will take an early plea.

Sainterman
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
I would have thought this was quite relevant. Where would the contact have been had he not slipped? Shoulder high? Surely that makes it negligent and not intentional?

I think the numerous ways these types of incidents have been viewed in the last couple of years have made things confusing. Not saying Kosi should get off, just that, with a few of the recent decisions, it is not easy to know what to do when a situation arises and you have a small amount of time to make a decision. Examples include, Lloyd, Kennedy, Maxwell and now Kosi.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I would have thought this was quite relevant. Where would the contact have been had he not slipped? Shoulder high? Surely that makes it negligent and not intentional?

I think the numerous ways these types of incidents have been viewed in the last couple of years have made things confusing. Not saying Kosi should get off, just that, with a few of the recent decisions, it is not easy to know what to do when a situation arises and you have a small amount of time to make a decision. Examples include, Lloyd, Kennedy, Maxwell and now Kosi.
did one of the commentators remark on the disgraceful condition of the surface ... or was that someone on here?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

so he was sheparding his player, could only bump as the player didn't have the ball, kept his elbow in.... kennedy anyone?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith