Good run with injury in '09 no accident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
GT let us al down with his cavilier attitude to player management (wrecked Balls career)
I thought Ball looked quite good in the GF last year.....at least whilst he was on the ground.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Is everyone in agreeance that injuries are what cost us a flag under GT?
No.

Yet another juicy generalisation from you based on a handful of posts. Don't we have 33,000 members and non paying supporters? But you go on and make your judgements.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: (ie it was stupidity to not take Drain when offered and not bad luck).
Yeah, he's been on fire lately hasn't he.
Yes you are right...just one blunder after another by GT.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Milton66
SS Life Member

So how does a positive thread go to shyte?

Ironically, it's the same old posters dragging this down the drain. Then they come on here and muse about how this forum has gone backwards.

I see no reason why this has to once again become a comparison between Lyon and Thomas (and yes I did make a comment about this).

Then, as soon as someone starts something negative about the GT era... all the GT lovers scream them down and tell them to get over it... blah blah blah.

Who really cares?

Drain has done a good job since being appointed. the realists accept that your "luck" is managed abd created through thorough prepping of the players.

The sad sacks just say he was lucky.

blah blah blah.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:So how does a positive thread go to shyte?

Ironically, it's the same old posters dragging this down the drain. Then they come on here and muse about how this forum has gone backwards.

I see no reason why this has to once again become a comparison between Lyon and Thomas (and yes I did make a comment about this).

Then, as soon as someone starts something negative about the GT era... all the GT lovers scream them down and tell them to get over it... blah blah blah.

Who really cares?

Drain has done a good job since being appointed. the realists accept that your "luck" is managed abd created through thorough prepping of the players.

The sad sacks just say he was lucky.

blah blah blah.
Really odd.

Cause I haven't read the slightest hint of any 'GT love' in this thread at all.

The closest thing to anything positive about GT is some fans questioning whether or not injuries were what cost us a flag in 05/06.

Maybe jumping at shadows a bit there Wayne.

I must admit though, you're right. The usual suspects have pretty much set the scene for yet another thread to be ruined by vitriol and bitterness.

asiu

probably a little like ....

*Then , as soon as someone says something remotely positive about the GT era... all the GT haters scream them down and tell them to get over it... bah bah bah.

* edited slightly for accuracy

:)

Milton66
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:probably a little like ....

*Then , as soon as someone says something remotely positive about the GT era... all the GT haters scream them down and tell them to get over it... bah bah bah.

yes, it does cut both ways, Gaz.. sadly.

@Rodgerstool... you're the one that chimed in with the GT comment. Not jumping at shadows at all. This thread was about 2009 and you raised the comment about everyone being in agreement that injuries cost GT a flag... in your usual way of opening a can of worms... yet again.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
gazrat wrote:probably a little like ....

yes, it does cut both ways, Gaz.. sadly.

@Rodgerstool... you're the one that chimed in with the GT comment. Not jumping at shadows at all. This thread was about 2009 and you raised the comment about everyone being in agreement that injuries cost GT a flag... in your usual way of opening a can of worms... yet again.
Huh??

Not sure what you're reading (albeit true to form by yourself) but I simply asked a question of other forumites.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
GT let us al down with his cavilier attitude to player management (wrecked Balls career)
I thought Ball looked quite good in the GF last year.....at least whilst he was on the ground.
When hasn't he looked good when it comes to clearances and putting his body on the line?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
When hasn't he looked good when it comes to clearances and putting his body on the line?
Pretty handy attributes I would have thought.

Doesn't really sound like his career is ruined to me.

Someone's football ignorance is showing once again.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Yep, handy for sure, if that is all your gameplan requires of you.

It's a great pickup for Collingwood, he should fit in with their rather prehistoric style of requiring a players only talent is either being the human battering ram or being the player who waits outside.

I am happy that our midfield is constantly evolving and is somewhere you may actually be expected to do both.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

It's a great pickup for Collingwood, he should fit in with their rather prehistoric style of requiring a players only talent is either being the human battering ram or being the player who waits outside.

I am happy that our midfield is constantly evolving and is somewhere you may actually be expected to do both.
Odd then that we'd recruit Lovett??

But besides, that's not the point. The point was the ignorant comment that Luke Ball's career has been wrecked.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

For a club with an apparent prehostoric syle of play and also a side with ordinary players they must do something right to finish high up the last 2 years. I would suggest MM is a very good coach and coaches a certain way because of the type of players they have at their disposal.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Odd then that we'd recruit Lovett??

But besides, that's not the point. The point was the ignorant comment that Luke Ball's career has been wrecked.
I wouldn't say Ball's career was wrecked, maybe severly limited as far as style of play for sure.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I wouldn't say Ball's career was wrecked, maybe severly limited as far as style of play for sure.
No one with a skerrick of football understanding would.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

For a club with an apparent prehostoric syle of play and also a side with ordinary players they must do something right to finish high up the last 2 years. I would suggest MM is a very good coach and coaches a certain way because of the type of players they have at their disposal.
Have read and reread my post, and I cannot see where I said they had ordinary players?

I personally think Brad Scott had alot to do with their midfield the past 2 years, and the weeks after he left reflected that.

Interesting discussion though...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
People would respect you more if you stopped calling them ignorant and patronising them with comments like the one above

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
People would respect you more if you stopped calling them ignorant and patronising them with comments like the one above
Gaining 'people's' respect has never really been a concern of mine.

PJ
SS Life Member

As was stated in the interview - Luke Ball walked on St.Kilda. Obviously he had something that Ross was interested in but I don't think Ross will lose a great deal of sleep over it.

IMO Armitage/McQualter/Schneider/Geary/Steven will give plenty of options that can more than replace Ball.

It'll be interesting to see if Luke can provide run, carry and penetration for Collingwood or perhaps they just don't need that - after all they are Collingwood.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Oh dear

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

[quote="bergholt"][quote="White Winmar"]Attributing DM's run as good fortune is insulting to the man's professionalism and abilities.[/quote]

that's crap.

in the short term, and in isolation, there's absolutely no way to tell the difference between luck and good management.

even the worst can luck into a couple of good years; and conversely even the best can be unlucky. i'd like to believe that our good run is thanks to his "professionalism and abilities", but to prove that beyond reasonable doubt would require the comparison of his whole career against the careers of everyone else who's been active in injury management in the afl in the past twenty years.

unless you've done that, you're working on blind faith the same as the rest of us.[/quote]

Gee Bergholt, I'd hardly consider Misson's success to be short-term. Have you forgotten about his "Sydney years" and the Swans seemingly remarkable run with injury ? 1 change in the last 8 weeks of the 2005 season, leading to a premiership. I would suggest to you that his track record is now sufficient to make definitive statements on the effectiveness of his methods. 6 years not good enough for you? How many more years must he perform at an exceptional level? I agree with you in the sense that assessing him at the end of his career would give a more complete picture, but my argument is he's been exceptional wherever he's gone.

Looking at the results he's achieved over the years, I think it's a bit rich to accuse me of acting on blind faith alone. His record to date stands up well to any objective scrutiny.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
PJ
SS Life Member

It's always interesting to hear from the self appointed. I was unaware that someone had established a register of football intelligence - please could you forward the address I'd like to propose you as a candidate for potential entry.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
A common trait amongst people with no self-respect.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
What a sad person you are, Rodgerfox. Robin Williams once said "I have never met anyone in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history."

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but maybe you should take that on board. I hope I don't ever meet you.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
What a sad person you are, Rodgerfox. Robin Williams once said "I have never met anyone in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history."

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but maybe you should take that on board. I hope I don't ever meet you.
I am in full agreeance with you. :D

Hopefully he doesn't starin his adductor doing it. :wink:

Ok, shoot me! :lol: