Armitage Aggression!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

I see nothing but positives for Armo with old grumpy pants heading off to Lexusland. Game time big time but Jack will be biting at his heels - in regards to the OP Armo has never lacked aggression it's his game and temperament. With experience he'll learn when it's appropriate and when to file it for another time.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:BTW, continued from my earlier post.... I can see Armitage having a ripper season and booting off to the GC.

Uncontracted (as far as i know) and obviously from QLD. I reckon the GC will have a lot of trouble convincing established players like Ablett and such to move and thus will need to throw their money to the less established.

Armo will by then only have had 4 years at the club and the GC could effectively triple what we could offer (more probable if they fail to land some big fish)....The potential to be a leader at the club and going home make it a real possibility.

I can certainly see him going, in fact im expecting it.

As much as it would hurt us, and me...especially with losing Ball - Id certainly be going home for more cash every day of the week!
Agreed.

Id hope he stays but the money/home factor will be overwhelming considerations.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Spinner wrote:BTW, continued from my earlier post.... I can see Armitage having a ripper season and booting off to the GC.

Uncontracted (as far as i know) and obviously from QLD. I reckon the GC will have a lot of trouble convincing established players like Ablett and such to move and thus will need to throw their money to the less established.

Armo will by then only have had 4 years at the club and the GC could effectively triple what we could offer (more probable if they fail to land some big fish)....The potential to be a leader at the club and going home make it a real possibility.

As much as it would hurt us, and me...especially with losing Ball - Id certainly be going home for more cash every day of the week!
Agreed.

Why are we so sure he classifies QLD as "home" still, perhaps this is now home and QLD is where he used to live?

I don't know him, but he is capable of loving St Kilda as much as anyone else isn't he?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Remember being stoked when he smash tackled the Paddle Pop Lion and then mashed his face into the ground once the ball had gone...
Didn't realise that Chad Kroeger the lead singer from Nickelback played in the AFL :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Agreed.

Why are we so sure he classifies QLD as "home" still, perhaps this is now home and QLD is where he used to live?

I don't know him, but he is capable of loving St Kilda as much as anyone else isn't he?
I'm not sure, its speculation. An educated guess.

Im presuming he'd classify QLD as home if he lived there until getting drafted. What is that? 18 years?

Where is his family? Where are his friends?

It's an educated guess... Not everyone loves the club like we do - They have to think about their career.

Not moving if offered leadership, triple the money, long term security, all in a location that sees him relocating back 'home'is bordering on insane just for the 'love' of a club he has only spent four years at.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
Quixote wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Quixote wrote:I'm as hopeful about Armo as anyone, however his delivery by foot into the FWD50 will need to improve significantly.

Also, Schnieder was clearly BOG in that Hawks game.
If I may defend Armo. He did get a pretty bad corky just before 3/4 Time in that Hawks game and had little or no impact after that. Up until then he would have got my vote for BOG !!
Hmm yeah forgot about that, seem to remember it happening.

Don't worry, I am SUPER excited about the Armo!

In that Tassie game however, Schneider man got us going when it was there to be won.
BTW Quixote, is that your name on BF? Because I have been meaning to say a big well done on the "Things that make Dustin Martin angry" thread!!!

Off topic I know, but it deserves a mention and a look!
:lol: Yeah, that's me. Cheers Spinner.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Agreed.

Im presuming he'd classify QLD as home if he lived there until getting drafted. What is that? 18 years?

It's an educated guess... Not everyone loves the club like we do - They have to think about their career.

Not moving if offered leadership, triple the money, long term security, all in a location that sees him relocating back 'home'is bordering on insane just for the 'love' of a club he has only spent four years at.
Fair enough...

I was just wondering if he had said or done something that makes people think he is not happy here.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Hasn't said anything to me. Mackay is his home town in Queensland so the Glod Coast is a fair way away but for anyone looking for something new and a pretty decent lifeestyle then wouldn;t any younger player be looking at the Gold Coast. I thought for younger guys it is about playing the best football possible and making a name for yourself, not going to where the whether is nice and the girls are hot.
Dave has been different over the last few months and i reckon we are all in for a memorable 2010 from him. He has something to show and prove and 2010 will be the year. 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well if he has a determination, the rest should hopefully fall in place for him.

Tell him that I would personally like him to take 2010 and own it 8-)

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lets see how his preseason goes.

Would not be surprised to see a contract extension early in the new year or soon after the start of the season.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
DWOODROW
Club Player

bigred wrote:Lets see how his preseason goes.

Would not be surprised to see a contract extension early in the new year or soon after the start of the season.
He's definitely up there fitness wise thus far so it's all about things dropping into place for him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

shesh i hope he stays IF he gets given an offer to go north later on down the track.

i look forward to seeing him getting plenty of games this year

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Lets see how his preseason goes.

I would be surprised to see a contract early in the year...

A lot like Lake this year, Armitage would be better off waiting till the end of the year either way IMO.

He played two games last year, Armitage would be better off increasing his value at both StK or other by playing the year and then negotiating.

Basically if i was his manager Id suggest to wait till the end of the year.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Agreed.

Fair enough...

I was just wondering if he had said or done something that makes people think he is not happy here.

Him leaving may not directly be link to him being unhappy at St Kilda.

Like Mumford at Geelong, wanted to stay but would be incredibly insane to refuse the Sydney offer.