Back up Tall Defenders

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Hate to be a nitpicker Bobmurray, but goose broke his leg in GT's last year at the club......
thanks for correcting my timeline...however GT was happy to point out the flaws in Goose's game,something he wouldn't have done when he was coach,i wonder if those flaws were ever highlighted on here

If anyone deserves a good break, it's the goose........
not sure that the Goose would call that injury a Good Break

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I don't think his flaws were as obvious prior to the broken leg. If there was a criticism of him prior to the injury, it might have been about pace and mobility, but because of the position and style he played it wasn't as much of as issue. Post injury and all the complications and associated problems that went with it, he just wasn't competitive enough to fulfill the match committee's requirements. Let's not forget the poor bloke has had over a dozen operations and corrective procedures. That, as they say in the classics,"Would tear the crutch out of anyone's pants." Goose was one of my favourites and I was sad to see him go. He is a victim of the new found ruthlessness at Moorabbin under RL. If the coaches don't think you can play the way they want you to, then you're out. No matter who you are, or how popular you might be. I have faith they know what they're doing.

You're right about my unfortunate choice of words, Bobmurray. I could've come up with something a bit better than he deserves a. "Good break". That's a bit like naming the Malvern Pool after Harold Holt, the PM who drowned! I meant I wish him all the best and hope he has some good luck on the injury and playing fronts.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!