Good Luck Goose!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Art Vandelay wrote:Good Luck Goose. You deserve to be at a club where the coach respects you. I hope that you not only find the form you had before you were cruely torn down with injury, but I hope that you have such an outstanding season that you are considered for All Australian selection in 2010. You bled for the St.KFC, yet in your hour of need, it turned its back on you.
I realise we all have opinion, but your's is really average...

Batnoe

SainterK wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Good Luck Goose. You deserve to be at a club where the coach respects you. I hope that you not only find the form you had before you were cruely torn down with injury, but I hope that you have such an outstanding season that you are considered for All Australian selection in 2010. You bled for the St.KFC, yet in your hour of need, it turned its back on you.
Hour of need?

We gave him 22 games in the VFL this year and he was too slow to adapt to the St.Kilda style

We have had him on the list for 2-3 years through rehab to try and get him ready and our style went past him

I hope he makes it back too Art, but it is probably going to be unlikely-

I am glad he got another chance, but i really cant see him being an AA defender. Maybe just an honest toiler

saintnick12
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Hour of need?

We gave him 22 games in the VFL this year and he was too slow to adapt to the St.Kilda style

We have had him on the list for 2-3 years through rehab to try and get him ready and our style went past him

I hope he makes it back too Art, but it is probably going to be unlikely-

I am glad he got another chance, but i really cant see him being an AA defender. Maybe just an honest toiler
Agreed the hour of need call is a bit rich. The injury originally occurred late in the 2006 season. So thats three years we kept him on the list, trying to get him back. Sure, I would have liked them to keep him for one more. But realistically...he was fit this year and was really no where near getting back in, unless one of our backman went down with injury. In fact two had to go down, cos Max was next in line. The only game he had a chance was the Tassie one where they rested 8 and that week he tweaked his hamstring. Just bad luck. Its not like he was tearing it up in the VFL every week either. From all reports he played some good games, but many were not so good.
I'm glad Vossy has taken a chance on him. Not sure if he got one year or two, but good luck to him I say. I for one hope he gets back to playing good footy again. Can't really seeing him hurting us though. I love Goose ..one of my favourite ever players and a really nice guy too. I'll be watching with interest to see how he goes and will be hoping he does well.