Luke names Essendon or COllingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

go dee's

he is still living in the fantasy that he is calling the shots like some superstar. dude is in need a reality check and ego deflation. a few years at melbourne will bring him back to earth. he should have taken the 3 x 300 offered. toolbag. he is a good player.7/10. but carrying on like a hes a 9/10.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 20 Nov 2009 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

He screwed us, no question... and unless he comes out and declares otherwise, it's reasonable to assume it was because of money.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Probably doesn't wanna get medically assessed cause his groin is rooted.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Well in an Age article this morning, it is claimed that Ball is now refusing to even meet with Essendon, but only with Collingwood. Therefore, Essendon have stated they wont pick up a player who is not 100% committed to them.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 81697.html

I think this is ridiculous that the media have not yet brought up the topic of draft tampering! Because this is exactly what it is - an illegal form of cheating! If Ball ends up at Collingwood at pick 30, i'll be spitting chips! :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Well in an Age article this morning, it is claimed that Ball is now refusing to even meet with Essendon, but only with Collingwood. Therefore, Essendon have stated they wont pick up a player who is not 100% committed to them.

I think this is ridiculous that the media have not yet brought up the topic of draft tampering! Because this is exactly what it is - an illegal form of cheating! If Ball ends up at Collingwood at pick 30, i'll be spitting chips! :evil:
I dont see how it is draft tampering. He can speak to whoever he likes but if a club has the guts to draft him before Collingwood i would be pretty sure he would play with them and give his all.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Well in an Age article this morning, it is claimed that Ball is now refusing to even meet with Essendon, but only with Collingwood. Therefore, Essendon have stated they wont pick up a player who is not 100% committed to them.

I dont see how it is draft tampering. He can speak to whoever he likes but if a club has the guts to draft him before Collingwood i would be pretty sure he would play with them and give his all.
Why are you sure of that?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Probably because he's a professional footballer, :shock: - even if he played for 1 or 2 years then hope to be traded to the club of his choice

Or is it because he walked out on the Saints he's no good anymore....

No Contract, No contact :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Probably because he's a professional footballer, :shock: - even if he played for 1 or 2 years then hope to be traded to the club of his choice

Or is it because he walked out on the Saints he's no good anymore....
Of course he is a professional footballer, however it's obvious his heart is with Collingwood. So I don't know how he would approach the situation if drafted to another club...

I don't know him personally to make that conclusion, which is why I was asking P66 why he thought this was the case?

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I feel its tampering because of his refusal to talk to other clubs. I understand that yes, any club can take Ball, but the inferences being made by the media (whom claim to be speaking to Connors) is that Ball is telling most other clubs to p*** off, and if they do select him that he will not play, rather heading overseas until the next trade week. The last part baffles me a bit (as to whether he would really do it), but still, it is going to scare many suitors away.

This, i feel, it is draft tampering because it is a player attempting to dictate where he finishes in the draft by dissuading other suitors. I know this is frowned upon by the AFL when it comes to other draftees - when a club has a later pick, eg 20, they may tell a young player who is expected to go top 10 not to have a medical for any other clubs, or refuse to meet them, in the hope of them sliding to their later pick. Imagine the system if draftees were allowed to dictate exactly where they went??

I doubt this would be different for Luke - the rules of the draft apply to all who are in it. I can understand why he is doing it, and believe it is probably more Collingwood and Connors pushing for it - but i am still under the belief it is a form of draft tampering..

markp
Saintsational Legend

I hope he gets everything he wants... and I look forward to round 3.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Bomber's CEO has now risen his suspicion towards draft tampering:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

fingers
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Bomber's CEO has now risen his suspicion towards draft tampering:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
As it should - unless we move to a different model this behaviour ain't right.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I did notice that Ian Robson (Essendon CEO) stated that that BOTH Luke and his Managment were refusing to talk to them (add Melbourne & Brisbane to that list).

If it is found that Luke is trying to tamper with the Draft I believe that he should not stand alone in being condemed over this issue. His Manager & Collingwood should also face hefty sanctions.

The question now is;

IS THE AFL PREPARED TO TAKE ON THE COLLECTIVE EGOS OF LUKE BALL, PAUL CONNORS & THE COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Nice character is this Luke Ball.

Something about true colours.

Walks out on his mates

Attempts to paint the Saints as the bad guy.

Now the ugly and unseemly allegations of draft tampering.

Luke Balls reputation has been irredeemingly damaged by this tawdry episode.

Looks more and more like a good call by Ross Lyon.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wow, this is getting serious, dangerous game they are playing.

When am I allowed to say, silly silly boy?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Nice character is this Luke Ball.

Walks out on his mates

Only by some Saints supporters. He has support from other quarters as well as some Saints supporters.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

managers
pfft
what a load of wankers
be f***ed if id pay some twat 10%

who the f*** does he think he is???
gets the club nothing for him leaving
nominates WHO he wants to play for

every time i come on here he pisses me off just that little bit more

private school FIGJAM attitude perhaps that Ross saw a mile off??
im glad he's gone now
not glad how he left..im actually kinda dirty about that
but the time will come when your slow Ost Pubis crippled body will get dragged down by the likes of Geary or Steven who will leave u for dust

**** off to modeling school
:twisted:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Ball tampering now... sheesh!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

come in Spinner????

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Walks out on his mates

Excellent use of the word "tawdry" !

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:

Walks out on his mates

Excellent use of the word "tawdry" !
Yes I thought so.

it was either tawdry or turgid.

Opted for the former :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

stop using big flashy weird sounding words and trying to sound clever

not all of us know what opted means ffs
8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Would you like me to book you an appointment with OPSM.
A pair of spectacles will help you see more clearly.

Unfortunately nothing can be done to help you see in colour.
Maybe you should join Luke Ball in seeking to go to only Collingwood then seeing in only black and white will not be a problem.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Maybe you should join Luke Ball in seeking to go to only Collingwood then seeing in only black and white will not be a problem.
Maybe Plugger is Paul Connors? :shock: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You seem to know all the AFL rules when it suits you which amazes me when you seem to hate the AFL but thats another story. Can you pop up the rule that says he has to talk to other clubs and if there isnt a rule for that any rule would be good that says he has tampered with the draft.