Anyone else like me?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:
Thomas wrote:Spare a thought for Saints supporters living in the Geelong area, everywhere there are gocats signs and bumper stickers people are still flying the flags on cars, it is a living hell. I hate them.
So so true. I know if we had won I'd be basking in the glory as long as I could, but that doesn't make me hate Geelong and their supporters any less.
And as for bumper stickers, have you seen the latest? Something along the lines of "Two out of Three Aint Bad". :evil:
Hang in there, Debi. You and your family will triumph. If we win next year, you can be proud that you stuck in there. You can do the Nutbush in Little Malop Street :wink:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

im lucky .. in perth footy talk ended at the start of september :) heheheh
but seriously im more pumped by next year then upset by this year .. it hurt but i know next year the boys will come back and give their all to make amends for this yaer

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Thomas
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:My heart truely goes out to the people that live in the Geelong area.

Note - Time to change your signature :)
It just happens to be my name and has nothing to do with our former coach.

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Thomas wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:My heart truely goes out to the people that live in the Geelong area.

Note - Time to change your signature :)
It just happens to be my name and has nothing to do with our former coach.
your signature - not your nickname

:) you have "premiers 2009"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Thomas
Club Player

Lack of sleep and a bit too much of the red, addled my brains, :)

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

hell it's impossible to escape

saw an ad for ch 7 and here was idiot harley holding up the cup.....

It still burns!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
HarveysDeciple

Solar wrote:hell it's impossible to escape

It still burns!
and thats what s***s me. Even if we win in 2010 we don't get this one back. It's still a flag we should have, but will never ever get back. Bugger it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Solar wrote:hell it's impossible to escape

It still burns!
and thats what s***s me. Even if we win in 2010 we don't get this one back. It's still a flag we should have, but will never ever get back. Bugger it.
it's funny but in all the years I have supported the saints I have never felt so far away from it, yet for 5 mins .....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone else like me?

HarveysDeciple wrote:Obviously the grand final result knocked me on my ass like most people.

Then slowly but surely was moving on, but every now and then the bloody thing comes back and haunts you and you find yourself thinking about it out of nowhere.

Had a bad week, wish I could move on.
I like you, but get a life.

Next year it all starts again, get over it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Milton66
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Obviously the grand final result knocked me on my ass like most people.

Then slowly but surely was moving on, but every now and then the bloody thing comes back and haunts you and you find yourself thinking about it out of nowhere.

I agree. Just don't tell anyone. 8-)

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is thread full of people who are going to tell me to keep a lid on it next season? :wink:

Quixote
SS Life Member

I watch very little TV and use my old VCR even less. FTA TV bores me in an age of choices, and Foxtel IQ is heaps easier than VCR'ing.

Anyway, presently I sat down, turned on the TV and wah-laa - I had sat on the VCR remote and the Grand Final (last quarter!!) began playing. Somehow, the TV was in the wrong AV mode and luck ran wild.

I turned it off straight away.

Ten minutes later, after having a bite to eat, I hesitated to press play again.

Scores were level in the last quarter.

Dal Santo kicked out from full-back, it went to Kosi on the wing whose mark was spoiled.

THAT WAS ALL I COULD AND WILL WATCH.

Stupidly and irrationally devastating still.

But devastating nonetheless. :oops:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
HarveysDeciple

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Yeah it does, but that's what I need. Got plenty of distractions, got engaged, love my job etc. But the job is sport related so get force fed grand final talk most days, hence hard to get over it :wink:

kalsaint
Club Player

Well I have actually pulled out both round 14 and the grand final and made the following observation.

We actually played better in the grand final except for atrocious kicking. Rather than losing a 30 point lead (as done in round 14) we actually should have had a 24 point lead at half time in the grand final.

We better learn to kick straight next year. Clear the mind and keep things simple when they are simple (and they were).

C'mon 2010. We can do it. The journey is still another marathon and the game plan will be nullified to some extent by astute opposition coaching to some extent.

Nevertheless, 2010 should still be the year of the Saints as long as pressure is maintained and ball movement remains quick to forwards. We also need some assistance in and under that is consistent over 2010. We must win and Geelong must lose.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:Well I have actually pulled out both round 14 and the grand final and made the following observation.

We actually played better in the grand final except for atrocious kicking. Rather than losing a 30 point lead (as done in round 14) we actually should have had a 24 point lead at half time in the grand final.

We better learn to kick straight next year. Clear the mind and keep things simple when they are simple (and they were).

C'mon 2010. We can do it. The journey is still another marathon and the game plan will be nullified to some extent by astute opposition coaching to some extent.

Nevertheless, 2010 should still be the year of the Saints as long as pressure is maintained and ball movement remains quick to forwards. We also need some assistance in and under that is consistent over 2010. We must win and Geelong must lose.
Pretty sure someone else has your avatar.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Yeah it does, but that's what I need. Got plenty of distractions, got engaged, love my job etc. But the job is sport related so get force fed grand final talk most days, hence hard to get over it :wink:
Empathy, HD.