Tadhg Kennelly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Why don't we replace our whole side with the best Irish talent - we will win the next 10 flags in a row and halve our salary cap at the same time.

:wink:
They have plenty of potatoes but need to add a little more meat.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
samoht wrote:Why don't we replace our whole side with the best Irish talent - we will win the next 10 flags in a row and halve our salary cap at the same time.

Methinks it's just quicker and cheaper if we relocate he club to Ireland and just dominate the Gaelic Footy for the next millenium.
How did you find out about Demetriou's secret plan for a 22 team competition?
After Tasmania and a 3rd West Australian team he was planning a North Queensland team and then a team out of Ireland, maybe by relocating his most hated club St Kilda.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milton66
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Methinks it's just quicker and cheaper if we relocate he club to Ireland and just dominate the Gaelic Footy for the next millenium.
How did you find out about Demetriou's secret plan for a 22 team competition?
After Tasmania and a 3rd West Australian team he was planning a North Queensland team and then a team out of Ireland, maybe by relocating his most hated club St Kilda.
An interesting theory Ace. I await to see what the AFL apologist PartyPooper66 has to say on the mater.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:Him + Walsh + Lovett... + if we could convince Ball to stay = awesome.
Really if Ball stays the trading period is on a par with Brisbanes effort.

Still a long way to go to get Kenelly and Ball.

Nice to dream though.
I think we're still ahead of Brisbane even if we do lose Ball.. and I would say there is virtually no way we will pick up Kennelly.

Brisbane gained
A troubled superstar (Fev)
A talented bloke who hasn't putten together a solid month in about 5 years (Xavier)
A player who was a downhill skiier in a good team and hasn't done anything since (Buchannon)
A player who has never been able to play consistent footy in any position (Staker)

and they have lost
A superstar key forward (Bradshaw)
An incredibly promising KPP (Henderson)
A hard running ball winner with admittedly terrible footskills (Dalziell)
And their first rounder...

IMO They came out behind, quality over quantity, IMO Ross and his team have been the best traders since his arrival...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:Him + Walsh + Lovett... + if we could convince Ball to stay = awesome.
Really if Ball stays the trading period is on a par with Brisbanes effort.

Still a long way to go to get Kenelly and Ball.

Nice to dream though.
I think we're still ahead of Brisbane even if we do lose Ball.. and I would say there is virtually no way we will pick up Kennelly.

Brisbane gained
A troubled superstar (Fev)
A talented bloke who hasn't putten together a solid month in about 5 years (Xavier)
A player who was a downhill skiier in a good team and hasn't done anything since (Buchannon)
A player who has never been able to play consistent footy in any position (Staker)

and they have lost
A superstar key forward (Bradshaw)
An incredibly promising KPP (Henderson)
A hard running ball winner with admittedly terrible footskills (Dalziell)
And their first rounder...

IMO They came out behind, quality over quantity, IMO Ross and his team have been the best traders since his arrival...
You are using your words like stats. Making them say whant you want them to say.

Fev better than Bradshaw
X who knows but similar to Dalziell in that neither played much at all this year.
Buchanan been a very good player for a few years and Sydney dont have to many downhill skiers the way they play. he may be better with a more open game plan.
Staker may come on who knows but this year was certainly no worse than henderson. They are certainly ahead for next year but in 3 years time who knows.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Fev better than Bradshaw
X who knows but similar to Dalziell in that neither played much at all this year.
Buchanan been a very good player for a few years and Sydney dont have to many downhill skiers the way they play. he may be better with a more open game plan.
Staker may come on who knows but this year was certainly no worse than henderson. They are certainly ahead for next year but in 3 years time who knows.
Fev is better than Bradshaw, agreed. But will Fev be able to behave? will Fev and Brown compliment each other as Bradshaw did? who knows, it's a big question mark, but for arguements sake, we'll say that this is a big improvement.

What sort of effect will such widespread changes have on player morale? Rischetelli wouldn't be too happy I wouldn't imagine. How often can a team add 5 new players to their list in one season and make an immediate impact?

Buchanan is past it IMO, his output peaked in 2006 and has gone down hill ever since, he struggled for a spot this year, only 8 games through injury and form.

Staker will be 26 at the start of next season and hasn't even consolidated a position yet, he has never played consistent footy and he has a lot less room for improvement than some of the players that have been delisted (McDonald, Hooper, Harding)

While I wish all the best for Xavier (except against us) I really don't think he will ever amount to anything special which is a real shame, however for pick 60, you can't exactly hold that trade against the lions...

Also Henderson and Pick 12 are the future, Black, Power and even Browny aren't getting any younger and with the compromised drafts ahead I predict a very gloomy future for Brisbane, Voss has rolled the dice and it is essentially 2010 or bust for the lions.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

he's still on the swans list ffs....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
undecided
Club Player

stinger wrote:he's still on the swans list ffs....
ball is still on our list.......

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Does ffs mean for futures sake?

Another opportunity awaits!
asiu

bally running around on the scg ... surely the smaller ground would have helped his cause

tadhg for luke ... oh well