luke ball theory

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Gurgman wrote:In the end , we can all have our opinions as to what has gone on with luke but i dont think as much as we would like we will ever know the truth as to what went on . For the clubs sake i think its best he moves on no matter where he ends up , are you really scared if he ended up at collingwood , im not .
He might be a nice bloke but we are not going to win a flag with him in our side , the closest player to him in the geelong side is Selwood and he does damage , Luke doesnt
Is this the same Luke Ball some or should I say a lot wanted in a thread this year ahead of Judd and Hodge. Its amazing how players suddenly become ordinary players when they are leaving us and some ordionary players become stars when joining us.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I can see why Ball wanted to go to Collingwood though.

He fits in with Malthouses plan of total world domination through guys with surnames that sound like genitals. Why do you think he would not entertain loosing Goldsack for Ball?

Is it just me or is the guy obsessed?

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Some who are quick to prejudge Ball probably see the following equation applying -

$$ chase + ego + delusions of worth + need to pout > humility + club + loyalty

but to be fair to Ball it could just be -

realisation that you're not delivering + others in a strong St kilda team are improving and moving ahead of you + desire to have more game time and regain importance in team (any team) > need to stay and be loyal to a strong club even one that has looked after you and rewarded you well
Last edited by samoht on Thu 15 Oct 2009 2:21pm, edited 2 times in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Interesting question really that hasnt really been addressed....do we need Luke Ball?
We seemed to do ok when he was in the 2's

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Gurgman wrote:In the end , we can all have our opinions as to what has gone on with luke but i dont think as much as we would like we will ever know the truth as to what went on . For the clubs sake i think its best he moves on no matter where he ends up , are you really scared if he ended up at collingwood , im not .
He might be a nice bloke but we are not going to win a flag with him in our side , the closest player to him in the geelong side is Selwood and he does damage , Luke doesnt
Is this the same Luke Ball some or should I say a lot wanted in a thread this year ahead of Judd and Hodge. Its amazing how players suddenly become ordinary players when they are leaving us and some ordionary players become stars when joining us.
never ever was as good as Hodge or Judd in the AFL. Mabye in 2001, but from 2003 onwards he has been a very poor third.

Always hoped he would get somewhere near those two but never got close I'm afraid.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

joffaboy wrote:
never ever was as good as Hodge or Judd in the AFL. Mabye in 2001, but from 2003 onwards he has been a very poor third.

Always hoped he would get somewhere near those two but never got close I'm afraid.
He was being paid as if he was as good as the other 2 - so I don't believe that he would have gripes with St kilda if he's being truly honest with himself and objective.

Maybe he can see a brighter future within a weaker club like
Collingwood or Melbourne - he doesn't want to end his career in the 2's at St Kilda ?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Considering the talent in that draft and the amount of high picks we had we did a Richmond.

Another opportunity awaits!
ctqs
Club Player

stairwaytoheaven wrote:I've taken in alot of imfo over the last week or so and this Luke Ball debacle should of never happened. All he had to do was sign the contract, it has been on the table since June . Now it is ugly and wonder whether he will return with his tail between his legs. To me he is a quality player and valued leader but no person is as big as the club.
When Ross spoke the night of the grand final dinner we all know who he was talking about now, what a shame this has happened but what will be will be.
I think he pulled back from signing when informed he was only back-up.
And as for not being as good as Judd or Hodge, depending on who you talk to, the blame may lay with the previous coaching administration, who ran him into the ground and didn't manage his OP. Don't know if that's true, or fair, but that is one tale being told right now.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Milton66
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:
Teflon wrote: Interesting question really that hasnt really been addressed....do we need Luke Ball?
That's the crux of the matter IMO... no we don't need him.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
fingers wrote:
and maybe he needs to be needed....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
fingers wrote:
So we dont need him but people on here are upset that he wants to leave. Surely he sees that he may not get a game next year and that is why he wants to leave. That is why IMO there is no problem with him wanting to leave and why our players will not be upst with Bally wanting to leave.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Have watched the whole Ball saga with a sense of sadness tinghed with realism.

Have no doubt that he has value both as a player [ a better than average ball winner] and leader but in the end he will stay on the basis of

His relationship with his teamates and

His relationship with his coach...

Everything else is irrelevent and pheripheral..

For that reason I am relaxed about the outcome...

The old "you are either with us or against us" has never applied more.

What ever will be will be. :roll:

That said Luke Ball running around in Red,White and Black would bring a smile to my face...if not we just get on with the job :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

What I'm annoyed about the whole Luke Ball saga was the anticipation that he would make it back to his pre OP days ie play unrestricted so we could see how good he could be. A guy I spoke with said he saw a game he played with Xavier College and he kicked 13 goals playing out of the centre. Said he was kicking them from 50m with ease. We never saw that potential realised at St Kilda. Apparently was very fast also. Unfortunately for Luke he was absolutely flogged in his early years and all he became was a grunt player. He should have been rested and or operated much earlier and given time to realise his capabilities. Unfortunately for St Kilda his abilities might come to the fore at another club.

Another opportunity awaits!