What player type should we draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

We seem to have a distinct lack of 46% types on our list at the moment.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Gf showed the weakenesses..a strong, fast middle-size half forward who can run and carry and has good foot disposal skills. Also need a run and carry midfielder with penetrating foot skills, as NDS and Lenny are great at getting the ball and setting up play, but one-paced and don't penetrate into the forward line with disposal. Otherwise I would like to see Kosi spend more time in the backline, so maybe a more mobile full-forward. Regardless of if we kicked straight or whatever and won, these would still be our weaknesses.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:The Gf showed the weakenesses..a strong, fast middle-size half forward who can run and carry and has good foot disposal skills. Also need a run and carry midfielder with penetrating foot skills, as NDS and Lenny are great at getting the ball and setting up play, but one-paced and don't penetrate into the forward line with disposal. Otherwise I would like to see Kosi spend more time in the backline, so maybe a more mobile full-forward. Regardless of if we kicked straight or whatever and won, these would still be our weaknesses.
agree with all of that, except i can't see kosi spending more time in the backline. he's either a ruckman who offers plenty around the ground or a forward.

saint58
Club Player

[we should draft a onballer/small forward with pace. We have plenty of big key position players and some players can play both ends of the ground.
We have lynch and cahill and simkin all have done well for first year still a couple of years off but are still getting bigger and stronger.

Maquire is versite enough to play at either end of the ground has done well at sandy in FF.
gilbert remindes me of a young fraser about the same size runs the same plays as a defender/ wingmen.
he could play a key position up forward has been tried in Nab cup did ok needs more time i guess.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball.

Oh yes I am sick of hearing about Luke Ball.